Public Service Announcement: The Apple Army

Thanks for the reminder! I've been buying them, but definitely not as often as I should have been (and wow, I hadn't realised how expensive they have become.)

I've been doing this since mid-February and selling them, since my Pteri battle pet only needs a food with 'worm' or 'grub' in it (e.g Rotten Wormy Apple is the cheapest) to be fed to her, and BAM! Full HP, cured of all disease. :D

I've made about 20k - 30k so far. :D

I've been doing this since mid-February and selling them, since my Pteri battle pet only needs a food with 'worm' or 'grub' in it (e.g Rotten Wormy Apple is the cheapest) to be fed to her, and BAM! Full HP, cured of all disease. :D

I've made about 20k - 30k so far. :D

Thank you for the worm reminder. My battle pet is a Pteri as well. Gotta take advantage of that :P

Thank you for the worm reminder. My battle pet is a Pteri as well. Gotta take advantage of that :P

What is the deal with worms and Pteris? I have never heard of this before...! (My main pet used to be a Pteri but has since been zapped by the lab ray).

What is the deal with worms and Pteris? I have never heard of this before...! (My main pet used to be a Pteri but has since been zapped by the lab ray).

'Cause they're birds. And birds like eating worms.

:D at least I think so...

I'll probably buy and sell because training is killing my bank, and it'll help me make more NP. But I'll also stock up, too, those can prove useful. I may just need Dewberry Revivers because my battle pet is nowhere near 250 or more HP.

I always take my Aisha out of battle when she has won enough, but lost a fair amount of HP in the process Is there anything a pet can take without being completely out of HP in order to do so? (I know Pteris or Ghost Neopets are ideal, but I don't want to morph her or change her colour).

I think feeding any pet gives it some HP back. I know my pet always gains some HP when I feed her omelettes. It's not a full heal, but it helps.

Also, I heal by battling opponents where I gain more HP than I lose. Then I end the match with more HP than I started with. That might not work for everyone, of course, but if you have a good multi-use healer, you can probably find an opponent who only does a little damage and you can heal more than that.

A pet doesn't have to be completely out of HP to take a healing potion, either. You can take one any time, as long as you're not in battle.

Edited by Lamppost

I think feeding any pet gives it some HP back. I know my pet always gains some HP when I feed her omelettes. It's not a full heal, but it helps.

1/12 of your hp, I believe. Uber_music_faerie has 412 max hp and heals 34 when she eats.

Also, I heal by battling opponents where I gain more HP than I lose. Then I end the match with more HP than I started with. That might not work for everyone, of course, but if you have a good multi-use healer, you can probably find an opponent who only does a little damage and you can heal more than that.

A pet doesn't have to be completely out of HP to take a healing potion, either. You can take one any time, as long as you're not in battle.

Oh really? Because one time my Kougra got only one HP left from the stupid Wheel of Monotony and he wouldn't take a healing potion, not even with just 1 HP left.

Found a neat trick to save a good bit of np.

I was saving up weak bottled light fae to obtain "Lens Flare". I had seven more to go, which I wasn't sure if I'd make before the end of the week.

Bottled Air were selling for 9500 np.

Bottled Light were selling for 58000 np.

I bought 10 bottled air and got 15 air fae points, purchased "Throw pillows".

Then took the 1/2 price option and purchased "Lens Flare" for eight light fae points and my existing "Throw pillows" ability.

For the price of two bottled light, I effectively got seven light points.

Alas, only air are really cheap, and this is the only two abilities where this backdoor will work.

Also, Lucky Robot (Full healing) are going for about 21k. Jade Potion are going for 8k. Am I missing something, cause I decided to cash in my lucky robot feet.

Oh really? Because one time my Kougra got only one HP left from the stupid Wheel of Monotony and he wouldn't take a healing potion, not even with just 1 HP left.

Yeah, I've definitely had my pets take healing potions when they aren't completely out of NP. I'm guessing there was something else going on there. It's possible it might be a name-length thing, like how some pets won't accept certain petpets or read certain books. Just an idea!

Found a neat trick to save a good bit of np.

I was saving up weak bottled light fae to obtain "Lens Flare". I had seven more to go, which I wasn't sure if I'd make before the end of the week.

Bottled Air were selling for 9500 np.

Bottled Light were selling for 58000 np.

I bought 10 bottled air and got 15 air fae points, purchased "Throw pillows".

Then took the 1/2 price option and purchased "Lens Flare" for eight light fae points and my existing "Throw pillows" ability.

For the price of two bottled light, I effectively got seven light points.

Alas, only air are really cheap, and this is the only two abilities where this backdoor will work.

Also, Lucky Robot (Full healing) are going for about 21k. Jade Potion are going for 8k. Am I missing something, cause I decided to cash in my lucky robot feet.

Thanks for the tip! I just spent 460000 NP instead of 750000 NP to buy lens flare. Now I will never need my RFFR ever again.

OKAY, READY, STOP.

Turns out people are healing in battle, it appears. So if you *need* essence of everlasting apple, keep buying from the Healing Faerie. If not, though, you may find it worth it to keep buying every half hour to sell...but prices are down to 500 np.

Prices are down to 300 now. I suspect once the battles get harder, people will need healing and prices will rise at least a little bit again. Maybe not all the way back to 1k. Still, my stockpile is big, so I'm not going to buy much more.

Prices are down to 300 now. I suspect once the battles get harder, people will need healing and prices will rise at least a little bit again. Maybe not all the way back to 1k. Still, my stockpile is big, so I'm not going to buy much more.

Essence of Everlasting Apple can't be equipped and taken into the battledome.

Yeah, I've definitely had my pets take healing potions when they aren't completely out of NP. I'm guessing there was something else going on there. It's possible it might be a name-length thing, like how some pets won't accept certain petpets or read certain books. Just an idea!

That's probably it. I would think at least magic items would have exceptions but apparently they do not.

It must be disappointing then if you have a dream MP for the pet you want to use it on and they won't take it. :C It's probably very likely to happen.

That's probably it. I would think at least magic items would have exceptions but apparently they do not.

It must be disappointing then if you have a dream MP for the pet you want to use it on and they won't take it. :C It's probably very likely to happen.

You can always change your language to give something to your pet. I've done that for books. I always pick Spanish because I'm most comfortable with it, so I'm reasonably confident I won't accidentally discard an item that I didn't want to discard, for example, and I'm pretty sure I can always find my way back to English. What frustrates me is when the name length of the item happens to be the same in Spanish, and I have to pick a new language with which I'm less comfortable!

I'd be interested to know if that is what happened for you. When you get a chance, please try to give your pet a potion the same way it didn't work before. If it doesn't work, try changing the language, and if it still doesn't work, we'll know something's up!