The Seekers Join Long List Of Factions After The Obelisk

hrtbrk

Ooooh, I'm so glad there is a 'good guy' camp finally. This group may finally have won me over- I love scholars, and the persuit of knowledge.

But the Sway do look cooler.

What to do, what to do! LOL

Dag nabbit! And here I thought I'd have an easy time choosing The Sway, now these guys come along and I'm not sure who I want now! *sobs in a corner* Hopefully these factions won't disappear after the plot so we can get to know some of them better. Also, hopefully these guys are the last faction or choosing will just get even more difficult.

Edit: I just saw someone propose the idea that the different groups will have different tasks and that's an interesting, but complicated idea. If the groups like the Seekers, the Sway and the Red Erisim were puzzle-based groups and the others were battle-based, I don't think too many people would like that but it would make it easier for the people who don't like puzzles to stick to battling and vice-versa. On the other hand, it would complicate choosing the groups for the users. I'd like to try my hand at battling but I also loooove puzzles soo...

Dag nabbit! And here I thought I'd have an easy time choosing The Sway, now these guys come along and I'm not sure who I want now! *sobs in a corner* Hopefully these factions won't disappear after the plot so we can get to know some of them better. Also, hopefully these guys are the last faction or choosing will just get even more difficult.

Edit: I just saw someone propose the idea that the different groups will have different tasks and that's an interesting, but complicated idea. If the groups like the Seekers, the Sway and the Red Erisim were puzzle-based groups and the others were battle-based, I don't think too many people would like that but it would make it easier for the people who don't like puzzles to stick to battling and vice-versa. On the other hand, it would complicate choosing the groups for the users. I'd like to try my hand at battling but I also loooove puzzles soo...

At least it would be better for newbies like me, who didn't have the time for training (and people who don't like the whole battle system). This group and the thieves are the most interesting now... ugh I have to choose... but if this involves lots of books etc, then I would go for this group.

Btw @hrtbrk, the video is now watchable for Safari users (Safari for mac at least) so no need to redirect them anymore.

*Rips shirt apart!*

"I am sparta...oh wait...bring on the PLOT!"

I'm not one to complain and I love the factions and it's going to be really haaaaaaarrrrrrrrrdddd to pick a group (if we have too...) but seriously bring on the plot at least the first chapter of the adventure. I'm going crazy waiting! :woot:

Plot now!!!

Please...

those seekers, now I'm not so sure about which one i want to join... I like the thieves, but I'm more the scholar kind.

Maybe we'll start tomorrow, as I see no more space for another vid.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

i like the seekers, but id like to ask them how on earth theyre actually gonna seize the obelisk when all the other groups can probably just beat them up. LOLxD. i know theyre intelligent, but the other factions dont seem stupid either except maybe the brute squad. xD

Well. I'm torn on this one, really.
I'm all for knoweledge and intellect, but there is something about them that makes me think they are hiding something. Furthermore, if they only wish to observe and study the obelisk it will soon enough be in the hands of a group with less noble purposes. Although I'm convinced that they would certainly figure out a way to reach the obelisk first and above all safely, I don't think they'd be able to stand ground very long. (Unless they start boobytrapping the area around it but that doesn't seem likely to me).
I think I'll stick with The Order.

As much as I love books, geeks don't usually win in the end. And what exactly are they going to do with that knowledge? They could freaking blow up the whole world by accident (or on purpose)! I'm still trying to decide between the Thieves and the Order. So, when is this plot going to start! :medieval:

Maybe something will be happening soon (I really hope so!) as the Sway mentioned a meeting in their vid :D I'm pretty decided on joining them if we were allowed to choose sides. That Lenny, oh that Lenny is just wicked~

I think that these people are pretty much the good guy choices right now - good intentions which for scholarly purposes.

However, as they say, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

I have a very strong hunch that these people would have a double-crosser within their ranks, and would be eventually working for one/some of the other factions.

If this group is said to be "puzzle based", then that would be kind of good (though I'd wanna try battling :/) :D

So far, my choices would be either The Red Erisim or The Sway. The Brute Guild are just to.... *RRRRGGHH* for me, The Seekers are too basic for me - not a lot of people truly try to seek knowledge for the purpose of seeking knowledge, they're kinda platatonic for me :/

I thought that I had decided on the Thieves' Guild, but then the Sway showed an interest and I became torn - and with today's discovery of the Seekers, I really can't decide :O

Not only does the Seekers remind me of Indiana Jones/The Librarian/National Treasure (yes, there might be a theme), but it also goes perfect with my idea for Chtulue's customization as a book-learned explorer, but the Thieves' Guild is, well the Thieves Guild and The Sway just seem so temptingly evil.

Well now I'm torn over Red Erisim and the Seekers. I really hope there's not different things for different groups, though... I'd prefer puzzles, but I've spend TONS of NP on training and weapons, and I don't want that to go to waste.

The past evidence that there will be a battle at least against thieves suggests maybe there are small different things (like different puzzles depending on what group you chose) but I'm pretty sure all the puzzles in the world can't avoid this war.

I'd like to know, what are the faeries thinking right now? Are they shaking their heads at silly neopets fighting each other, or worried about who the winner might be?

I definitely want to join the Seekers. Bee is right--perhaps we can't trust them. It seems weird that all the other groups would seem evil but this one is painted all clean-cut and sweet and innocent. So perhaps they are secretly the worst of the lot.

But that's all right. I'm cool with joining a villainous group, as long as it's a villainous group I can get behind.

The only thing is, if they DO have different tasks, then I will want to join the ones that are the most battle-based. Why else would I have spent all this time and np training and buying weapons only to be excluded from the biggest battles?

Then again...what if the intelligence of the neopet matters to other groups? Because my baby is pretty smart AND strong. :-D

EDIT: Has anyone else noticed that the Battledome is way slower than usual today? Slower today than it has been the rest of the weekend? In fact, I've tried to start another battle multiple times over the last ten minutes, and something keeps going wrong. Hmm...are they perhaps doing something there?

Btw @hrtbrk, the video is now watchable for Safari users (Safari for mac at least) so no need to redirect them anymore.

We will continue to post an alternate link in case people run into difficulties. Thank you for your suggestion, though.