Pokemon X & Y Discussion Thread!

~Ğǿǿmy~

GUYS ! Guess what ? I've found this , which seems to be a pre Evolution of my beloved Drowzee

zzda.jpg?w=470&h=630

I just hope it's real *drools*

Sadly it is most likely a fake,

Corocoro does not even print for a few days. Also CoroCoro does not release for another week so its most likely fake. :/

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In other news, No new pokemon from Pokemon Smash :/. Or do we?

we have this pokemon shown here:

Do you think it is a new pokemon? Or is it just another form of Mewtwo?

It might not have anything to do with Mewtwo, but if that's true, it has some rather extreme similarities. We'll find out eventually.

Also, that Drowsee pre-evo is almost certainly fake. Just look at the game screenshot- it looks almost entirely flat, which wouldn't happen with a screenshot of a 3D game, and I've never seen a preview screenshot or sprite even that was full on from the front- there's always a slight angle to them, off to one side or the other. And on top of all that the shadow's not angled right or long enough. The art of it on the page is also shaded in a COMPLETELY different manner from the other art on the page AND the art we've seen so far for Sylveon, Froakie, ect (not to mention badly done- where the heck is their light source)

It might not have anything to do with Mewtwo, but if that's true, it has some rather extreme similarities. We'll find out eventually.

Also, that Drowsee pre-evo is almost certainly fake. Just look at the game screenshot- it looks almost entirely flat, which wouldn't happen with a screenshot of a 3D game, and I've never seen a preview screenshot or sprite even that was full on from the front- there's always a slight angle to them, off to one side or the other. And on top of all that the shadow's not angled right or long enough. The art of it on the page is also shaded in a COMPLETELY different manner from the other art on the page AND the art we've seen so far for Sylveon, Froakie, ect (not to mention badly done- where the heck is their light source)

Anime do you think this new pokemon is a form change or a new pokemon? ;3

Personally, I think it's a fully new Pokemon. I've heard theories involving it being:

• A form change for Mewtwo
  • A pre/post evolution of Mewtwo
  • An evolution of Mew
  • Team Rocket trying to clone Mew/Mewtwo

And each of those doesn't work for various reasons.

The form change one, I can't see happening. You'll note that all form changes- not new evos or pre-evos, not regional differences, actual FORM changes- all came in the same generation that the Pokemon was released in, just a game later. Deoxys, Giratina, Kyurem, the God Trio, ect, ect. They've never given a new form to a past-gen Pokemon, and I think I know why:

A Pokemon native to an area, especially one that is unique or otherwise incredibly rare, is going to be primarily studied in it's home habitat, and therefore it's home region. Even if someone from another region makes the discovery, it'll still be made in that region. As such, since we're working on the assumption that the games are somewhat linear in timeline, any discovery about said old legends will be made in Kanto, Jhoto, ect, which are all very far away from Unova and our next region. As such, we have no way of interacting with these new forms, and Game Freak isn't going to make them when they can make all sorts of cool new crap.

(Wow did that make sense? I started rambling a bit whoops)

As for the pre/post evo of Mew or Mewtwo, or some "missing link" between them: Legends don't evolve. Ever. End of story. It's a fundamental law of the games.

As for it being Team Rocket, the games have never made an connection between the Rockets and Mew/Mewtwo. The anime has, yes, but in the games it's just a nameless scientist team in Cinnabar. The anime may try and go that way, but in the game's canon, it's not gonna happen.

That leaves us with "it's entirely new, it just happens to look like Mewtwo".

ohmygod that pre drowzee thing

i dont care if its fake i need one -drools-

oh btw

pokestache.com_68_1365458401.jpg

it has nothing to do with X and Y, I just found it amusing.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. random post for the win.

Personally, I think it's a fully new Pokemon. I've heard theories involving it being:

• A form change for Mewtwo
  • A pre/post evolution of Mewtwo
  • An evolution of Mew
  • Team Rocket trying to clone Mew/Mewtwo

And each of those doesn't work for various reasons.

The form change one, I can't see happening. You'll note that all form changes- not new evos or pre-evos, not regional differences, actual FORM changes- all came in the same generation that the Pokemon was released in, just a game later. Deoxys, Giratina, Kyurem, the God Trio, ect, ect. They've never given a new form to a past-gen Pokemon, and I think I know why:

A Pokemon native to an area, especially one that is unique or otherwise incredibly rare, is going to be primarily studied in it's home habitat, and therefore it's home region. Even if someone from another region makes the discovery, it'll still be made in that region. As such, since we're working on the assumption that the games are somewhat linear in timeline, any discovery about said old legends will be made in Kanto, Jhoto, ect, which are all very far away from Unova and our next region. As such, we have no way of interacting with these new forms, and Game Freak isn't going to make them when they can make all sorts of cool new crap.

(Wow did that make sense? I started rambling a bit whoops)

As for the pre/post evo of Mew or Mewtwo, or some "missing link" between them: Legends don't evolve. Ever. End of story. It's a fundamental law of the games.

As for it being Team Rocket, the games have never made an connection between the Rockets and Mew/Mewtwo. The anime has, yes, but in the games it's just a nameless scientist team in Cinnabar. The anime may try and go that way, but in the game's canon, it's not gonna happen.

That leaves us with "it's entirely new, it just happens to look like Mewtwo".

Exactly what i think. We will most likely know in four days when corocoro releases! or in 1-2 days for the leak of CoroCoro

Too bad, it is a new form of mewtwo, which i find stupid.

In all honesty why can't it just be Mewthree instead of a new form of Mewtwo? I just told my brother and he said "Wait it is Mewthree?" and I told him that it was just a new form of Mewtwo.

In all honesty why can't it just be Mewthree instead of a new form of Mewtwo? I just told my brother and he said "Wait it is Mewthree?" and I told him that it was just a new form of Mewtwo.

exactly i would of liked it much better if it was like voltorb how it was a messed clone of mewtwo or mew not a new form.

I think the new form thing is kind of stupid, but I'll reserve my judgement on if it trumps a "Mewthree" kind of thing (though with a less ridiculous name) when we get it's backstory.

A new trailer was released for the new movie: ExtremeSpeed Genesect and the Reawakening of Mewtwo, which is seen here:

and does infact show Mewtwo "transforming" in its new form, which on the JP pokemon.com is called "Post-Awakened Form" What do you think about the name?

ALSOOO..Sylveon was shown, in the trailer and at the end you get a glipse of this: nx9mh0.png Which has this symbol: wjcriu.png which looks alot like Burgh's Insect Badge shown here: 19nmrp.png but rotated alittle, so do you think Nintendo is telling us its a bug type? What do you guys think?

Actually I think the symbol in it's little circle just matches it's ear

However, the EAR being a wing shape does point to a bug or flying type.

Actually I think the symbol in it's little circle just matches it's ear

However, the EAR being a wing shape does point to a bug or flying type.

Yeah i see that too :3 i always thought it was bug or flying.

Four new pokemon have been revealed by CoroCoro! Here is a picture:

corocoro5131.jpg

First, the Pokémon on the far right is called Gogoat (ゴーゴート literally Gohgohto) and is the Riding Pokémon. It's Grass-type, 1.7m and 91.0kg. You can actually ride this Pokémon in the field. It can learn Horn Leech

The lizard is called Elikiteru (エリキテル) and is a Electric/Normal-type. It is the Generation Pokémon and is 0.5m and 6.0kg. It has a new move called Parabola Charge which heals the user while damaging opponents. It uses solar rays to generate electricity

The bird is called Yayakoma (ヤヤコマ) and is the Japanese Robin Pokémon. It is Normal/Flying, 0.3m and 1.7kg

The panda is called Yanchamu ( ヤンチャム) and is the Naughty Pokémon. It is Fighting-type, 0.6m and 8.0kg. It has a new move called Parting Remark.

All pictures/info are from serebii.

What do you think of these new pokemon?

I actually like all of them!

EDIT #1: More photos have arrived from Corocoro! Seen here: corocoro5132.jpg

The game is set in the Karos Region which appears to be based on France. You can customise your trainer slightly with hair colour and skin shade. Main city is Miare City

All pictures/info are from serebii.

EDIT #3:

Here is the cover of the new Corocoro issue.

corocoro5133.jpg

It shows the four new pokemon and the boxart of X and Y

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 4 weeks later...

I like them, they're neat! Gogoat looks interesting, I can't wait to see how its overworld feature works.

Also, I love that we're getting some customization. I've never minded static sprites, but in this age of gaming avatar customization is where it's at. Even just a little, with hair and skin, goes a long way. I wonder if we'll be able to get minor clothes changes later? That'd be neat, and it'd be easier to render them in a 3D environment than it would to sprite new clothes for all of the poses.

These Pokemon look great!

I especially like the panda (Yanchamu) and the lizard C: Both are considerations to add to my team in X/Y.

By the way, now that there's 6 generations, there's a chance to make sort of an "ultimate team" with one Pokemon from each generation.

Anyone thinking about doing this in x/y? If they make Pokemon from each generation available.

EDIT: Also great that we're getting customization. Would've preferred for us to be able to change the hair in general, but this is cool too.

It's not something I'm considering (I rarely plan my in game team, it tends to be a mix of whatever I happen to stumble across and whatever I like working with), but I'll bet some people are. Also, I think there will probably be previous gen Pokemon available in the Regional dex (as the new-only way they went with BW wasn't entirely well-received and required a LOT of new Pokemon). And if nothing else, everything will be transferable after you get the National dex.

Terrible! Simply terrible , these pokemon look like some overdone manga fanart. I think i'll quit watching/playing that season..... this isn't just pokemon anymore....sad

I like them, they're neat! Gogoat looks interesting, I can't wait to see how its overworld feature works.

Also, I love that we're getting some customization. I've never minded static sprites, but in this age of gaming avatar customization is where it's at. Even just a little, with hair and skin, goes a long way. I wonder if we'll be able to get minor clothes changes later? That'd be neat, and it'd be easier to render them in a 3D environment than it would to sprite new clothes for all of the poses.

I love Gogoat! Its what i wanted to see! A goat! And the custumization is great! I love them. I also like Elikiteru cause its just hilarious in its own way.

These Pokemon look great!

I especially like the panda (Yanchamu) and the lizard C: Both are considerations to add to my team in X/Y.

By the way, now that there's 6 generations, there's a chance to make sort of an "ultimate team" with one Pokemon from each generation.

Anyone thinking about doing this in x/y? If they make Pokemon from each generation available.

EDIT: Also great that we're getting customization. Would've preferred for us to be able to change the hair in general, but this is cool too.

I love the lizard too :]

Terrible! Simply terrible , these pokemon look like some overdone manga fanart's. I think i'll quit watching/playing that season..... this isn't just pokemon anymore....sad

Which ones do you not like?

EDIT: Does anyone want to take a guess at when they will release Sylveon's type? :o

They're all horrible. I don't like any of the new generation...

So what would you have liked to see? Also there will be more pokemon. There isnt just going to be 10 new pokemon...

It also confirms that at certain points you'll be able to get new outfits and accessories for your Trainer!

From Serebii, on the CoroCoro info. Sweet I called it. :D