Pokemon X & Y Discussion Thread!

~Ğǿǿmy~

Nice lol What starter will you be getting in Pokemon X and Y?

Well...I think I'm just going to start out with Pokemon X because that legendary is way too cool. I really like Kroakie, but Fennekin is adorable.

Well...I think I'm just going to start out with Pokemon X because that legendary is way too cool. I really like Kroakie, but Fennekin is adorable.

Froakie** and I agree! Fennekin is amazing! I really like it!

I really like the starters this time around. ;; Having a hard time choosing, but ultimately it depends on what their evolved forms look like. Itching to see the version exclusives, too!

Agreed! I cant wait to see the derp pokemon of the region! [The first normal type you find in the game I.E.: Ratatta, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Patrat)

In other news i got my 3DS today! Time to wait till october now!

Bulbasaur saying "OMG SNIVY! You dont ask pokemon that!" I loled really hard

I think that was a reference to "OH MY GOD KAREN YOU CAN'T JUST ASK PEOPLE WHY THEY'RE WHITE"

I think the legendaries look really cool and they have great names. I love that Yveltal is based off of a Wyvern! They just look really cool but Xerneas reminds me of Stantler :P

The moment I saw Xerneas, I instantly thought about the Great Forest Spirit from Princess Mononoke....don't know if I'm the only one xD

My brother and I thought the exact same thing!

I'm really looking forward to these games! I'll probably go with the fire starter, though I pray it won't be a fire/fighting combo again. Looks like it'll be fire/psychic from the trailer, though.

Love the new look of the games! The male player character was looking in the mirror next to a dresser... does this mean we finally get character customization?

The moment I saw Xerneas, I instantly thought about the Great Forest Spirit from Princess Mononoke....don't know if I'm the only one xD

GREAT NEWS! Eevee is returning in Gen 6!

If you look closely in the trailer, when they are showing the castle seen, you see a statue with a Knight, Golurk and Palpitoad. On Golurk's arm there is an eevee! ARE THEY IMPLY NEW EEVEELUTIONS? :D

I'm really looking forward to these games! I'll probably go with the fire starter, though I pray it won't be a fire/fighting combo again. Looks like it'll be fire/psychic from the trailer, though.

Love the new look of the games! The male player character was looking in the mirror next to a dresser... does this mean we finally get character customization?

Probably not :/ if you watch the trailer, the sunglasses are on ALL the time, even in the grass gym but there was a glitch and the sunglasses were behind where the trained jumped from the vines.

My brother and I thought the exact same thing!

Whut? o_O

Yeah, when I saw it I went "....Forest Spirit? Cool! Just keep your head."

There is the possibility for customization, but we haven't got anything solid yet. Though, when it comes down to it, the fact that the glasses glitched off signals it as a strong possibility. If they were part of a set model (the character) they'd have been basically cemented to his head and unable to come off without, say, his head going with them. Since they CAN come off, that indicates that they're not part of the main model and therefore are able to be removed/changed.

Yeah, when I saw it I went "....Forest Spirit? Cool! Just keep your head."

There is the possibility for customization, but we haven't got anything solid yet. Though, when it comes down to it, the fact that the glasses glitched off signals it as a strong possibility. If they were part of a set model (the character) they'd have been basically cemented to his head and unable to come off without, say, his head going with them. Since they CAN come off, that indicates that they're not part of the main model and therefore are able to be removed/changed.

That's a really good point, and another reason why customization may be possible. Although, they may be separate just for the purpose of animation and 3D rendering, and not customization. We'll know more as the release date draws nearer.

No new pokemon have been released since the week before,

but lets wrap up what we did learn this week!

THERE IS A NEW GENERATION.

THE STARTERS ARE:

CHESPIN

FENNEKIN

FROAKIE

THE STARTERS ARE PURE TYPES FIRE, WATER, AND GRASS.

THE LEGENDARIES REPRESENTING THE 2 GAMES ARE: YVELTAL, XERNEAS

• 2 weeks later...

Nintendo hasn't given us any update of X/Y in a while D:

So psyched about it airing in October for the whole wide world to see~

Well since there hasn't been anything updated in a while there's not much else to say except Chespin

I'm excited for these games, even though I haven't touched my White 2 yet, and I'm not going to have time to enjoy it. xD

I like Froakie the most of the starters, but I'll decide what to pick when I see the final evolutions. I have a feeling Chespin's evolutions are going to completely blow me away, and I'm going to wind up picking it, though. But then, that's what happened with Oshawott.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news! Corocoro (the gaming magazine in Japan) will be leaking pokemon news very soon! Later tonight or tomorrow! Corocoro officially releases on the 15th but we will get it leaked by the 11th!

GET READY EVERYONE! NEW POKEMON ARE COMING VERY SOON!

AWWWWW YESSSSSSSS. I CAN'T WAIT! Pokemon X and Y is my motivator to catch all the Pokemon before they come out. So psyched for the news coming!

Corocoro should be leaking by the 13th the latest. We might be receiving something tonight or tomorrow! :D

A new Eeveeloution has been announced! Called Ninfia. Not sure if that's an "everywhere" name or a Japanese name or what but I kind of like the -eon theme so I hope it's the Japanese name only. Still cute though. No official typing or evolution method as of yet, but if you ask me it looks flying-type. The soft colors, the flowing streamer things. Though I suppose it could be a normal evolution.

Just thought to look at the others Japanese names.... Leafeon is Leafia and Glaceon is Glacia, so it's likely Ninfia is only going to be the Japanese name. Can't work out what "nin" would be referring to though. Nine is an obvious one and it is the 9th in the Eevee family (counting Eevee as 1), but I dunno.

YUP! Here is a scan of Ninfia! We still do not know the type OR the way to evolve it, or even the english name... BUT.. here it is!

corocoro213th.jpg for me i was thinking that Ninfia was a Psychic type but we already have Espeon.. Maybe the Light type? :D Or maybe just Normal? :D

They wouldn't be introducing a new type. The only one they added after 1st gen was Steel in 2nd and that was less of a "LET'S MAKE A NEW TYPE" and more of a "....why didn't we do this in the first place?"

It does look kind of normal, but I'm not sure- one of the things about Eevee is that it's a normal little fox thing that changes into an elemental. However neat a normal evo would be, I can't really see there being one. Along with what I just said, there's the fact that a normal-type evolution would be it's primary one, and thus most likely done by leveling. You know, it levels towards maturity naturally but it can be interrupted and take another path based on the environment. Thing is, that would require it to have been available from the start- and Game Freak is VERY careful about always making it a totally new, couldn't-have-happened-in-past-gens thing when they make a new evolution for an old Pokemon, so I kind of doubt it.

Hence why I bypassed Normal for Flying as the type. Flying is a widely requested Eevee type, the colors and base design fit, and to be perfectly honest I can't see it as any of the other missing types.

I couldn't see the new type being normal just because Eevee is already a normal type, they will probably follow previous patterns and make some sort of elemental.

I am going to have to side with Anime in hopes of a flying type one honestly, hopefully that actually happens.

In the way of the actual games, I was so excited to see they were making a new one and Black 2 and White 2 were a small disappointment to me though I still enjoyed myself (loyal Pokemon fan to the end).

I figure that I will probably get Froakie, only because I always go with water types, but my husband is getting the game as well so I will most likely end up with all 3.

Interesting though that they released a fire fox starter. Vulpix is gonna be mad. :P

Can people just give up on the idea of a Light type? It'll never happen, and the only reason Dark and Steel were introduced in the first place was because the Psychic type was so overpowered in the 1st gen.

Yeah, I'm not too ecstatic about this Eeveelution. I mean, it's not bad, it's just... kind of boring. Just a generic cute mammal.

By the way, out of curiosity, am I the only one that doesn't think the 5th gen. was a total disappointment? :/ I think it was the second best generation of Pokemon ever behind 2nd gen.

5th gen was very transitional. They were trying new things and re-balancing things for the new generation of fans, as well as training all their artists for full 3D (the 3Dexes that were available in the 3DS shop and the 3D Mystery Dungeons). Yes it's still interesting and has a lot of cool stuff, but when you've played for long enough you can really tell that they didn't put as much effort into the game and story and new Pokemon it specifically as they did the general back end and such. This by no means makes it bad, and I found the story unique and enjoyable, but some of the mechanics they were playing with were weird (the new eperience equation is great when you have low-level pokemon, but when you have a high level one in the end game it slows horribly) and the base formula for the story took a few hits (get your legend after the E4? Or during it? Erm.), and these changes were rather off putting.

tl;dr: while they were charming and a nice change of pace, the things they changed in the base formula knocked them down a few pegs in most people's books.