Pokemon X & Y Discussion Thread!

~Ğǿǿmy~

From Serebii, on the CoroCoro info. Sweet I called it. :D

I know right! And thats not all, Nintendo of America has revealed the localized name for the four new pokemon!

They are:

Following its reveal in CoroCoro on Saturday, The Pokémon Company has now announced the US names of the latest Pokémon. First, Gogoat shall be known as Gogoat. Elikiteru will be known as Helioptile, Yayakoma will be known as Fletchling and Yancham will be known as Pancham. In addition to this, they have also confirmed a few other bits. First, the Karos Region shall be called Kalos and Miare City shall be called Lumiose City The move Parting Remark will be called Parting Shot and Parabola Charge will be Parabolic Charge

It also confirms that at certain points you'll be able to get new outfits and accessories for your Trainer! It also confirmed diagonal movement. They also sent a new batch of directfeed screenshots, which have been added to our pre-release screenshot page. Click the image to go to the page.

Also there is speculation that there will be a new type, the Fairy type, is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, and super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting-type..Not only Sylveon, but also other pokemon will be changed to fairy type. So Mawile will be Fairy/Steel. Also Clefairy will be a Fairy type.

What do you think about the Fairy type? I feel that it is unnecessary and a terrible idea. Any thoughts?

Hm, I thought I commented on the whole "fairy type" thing before, but it seems all that I've said here is a general statement about there not being a new type.

I think it's a dumb thing that parts of the fandom refuse to let go of. Introducing a new type would throw the existing type chart into havoc and likely unbalance things (Steel and Dark were added TO balance it, in an effort to nerf the overpowered psychic and provide more weaknesses and strengths to other types that were tipped a little too far in one direction or the other when they shouldn't be). On top of that, the basis of a "fairy" type specifically baffles me some. What would it have that isn't covered by Normal, or Flying, or Psychic? And people list Pokemon that would be changed to be fairy instead of their current types, such as Clafairy, Jigglypuff, and Chansey. All three are perfectly fine as normal types and top the lists simply because they're pink and fluffy. A lot of what I've seen selects the sweet, cute and/or feminine Pokemon to be fairy, completely nixing the fact that in most old lore, fairies are vain, vindictive brats who love nothing more than causing trouble. There are benevolent ones, sure, but as a race they tend to cause more issues than they solve. From what I've seen, those Pokemon (as a species at least, individuals notwithstanding) tend to be generally sweet and helpful and don't cause undo problems for passing trainers.

I feel I should also point out that IF there was a new type, it would likely be reserved ENTIRELY for new Pokemon- even with Dark and Steel, only Magnemite and Magneton had their typing change, and that was an ADDITIONAL type, not a complete change from what they were (and it was obvious they were made of metal before so it just made total sense). No other Pokemon where changed to or had either Dark or Steel added to their typing.

As for the fairy type's interaction with dragon- who in their right mind thinks dragon (big scaly fire-breathing thing), and then thinks fairy (usually small, uses elemental magic [nature-based stuff, fire, water]), and goes "Yes, faeries would TOTALLY stomp dragons!" To me, that just looks like an excuse for it to be added to the type chart. "SEE IT WOULD MAKE DRAGON WEAKER SEE." (Dragon, for the record, is meant to be really powerful and have few weaknesses because it's a DRAGON. Also Electric only has ONE weakness, Ground, and three resistances (Electric, Flying, Steel) to Dragon's 2 and 4 of each, and is far more common. Let's see someone go about nixing THAT instead)

Hm, I thought I commented on the whole "fairy type" thing before, but it seems all that I've said here is a general statement about there not being a new type.

I think it's a dumb thing that parts of the fandom refuse to let go of. Introducing a new type would throw the existing type chart into havoc and likely unbalance things (Steel and Dark were added TO balance it, in an effort to nerf the overpowered psychic and provide more weaknesses and strengths to other types that were tipped a little too far in one direction or the other when they shouldn't be). On top of that, the basis of a "fairy" type specifically baffles me some. What would it have that isn't covered by Normal, or Flying, or Psychic? And people list Pokemon that would be changed to be fairy instead of their current types, such as Clafairy, Jigglypuff, and Chansey. All three are perfectly fine as normal types and top the lists simply because they're pink and fluffy. A lot of what I've seen selects the sweet, cute and/or feminine Pokemon to be fairy, completely nixing the fact that in most old lore, fairies are vain, vindictive brats who love nothing more than causing trouble. There are benevolent ones, sure, but as a race they tend to cause more issues than they solve. From what I've seen, those Pokemon (as a species at least, individuals notwithstanding) tend to be generally sweet and helpful and don't cause undo problems for passing trainers.

I feel I should also point out that IF there was a new type, it would likely be reserved ENTIRELY for new Pokemon- even with Dark and Steel, only Magnemite and Magneton had their typing change, and that was an ADDITIONAL type, not a complete change from what they were (and it was obvious they were made of metal before so it just made total sense). No other Pokemon where changed to or had either Dark or Steel added to their typing.

As for the fairy type's interaction with dragon- who in their right mind thinks dragon (big scaly fire-breathing thing), and then thinks fairy (usually small, uses elemental magic [nature-based stuff, fire, water]), and goes "Yes, faeries would TOTALLY stomp dragons!" To me, that just looks like an excuse for it to be added to the type chart. "SEE IT WOULD MAKE DRAGON WEAKER SEE." (Dragon, for the record, is meant to be really powerful and have few weaknesses because it's a DRAGON. Also Electric only has ONE weakness, Ground, and three resistances (Electric, Flying, Steel) to Dragon's 2 and 4 of each, and is far more common. Let's see someone go about nixing THAT instead)

EXACTLY WHAT SAID! I go on another thread website and everyone is debating about there being a new type. Some call it Light, some call it Fairy. But why would they want to see a new type? And why do they expect such a drastic change in the pokemon games? It most likely going to be like Pokemon Black 2 + White 2 with 3D modules and a few new mechanics and features. Oh and dont forget the new pokemon! But its not going to be like totally different. And what you said, they type chart will be in such havoc and nobody will know what to do.

EDIT: Hehe! Look at what i picked up at Target today: 2vsnept.jpg

Thats right! I have both copies of the game pre ordered and i will be picking them up in october!

Edited by Squirrels1666

New Pokemon! I'm probably in the minority of people who really look forward to the Bird pokemon. I love birds in real life so I enjoy seeing the designs and what birds they are based on - this Robin critter is so cute!

I am very pleased with these so far, I love the fact you can ride the goat. That is amazing. And the panda is incredibly cute. I'm so excited for these games!

New Pokemon! I'm probably in the minority of people who really look forward to the Bird pokemon. I love birds in real life so I enjoy seeing the designs and what birds they are based on - this Robin critter is so cute!

I am very pleased with these so far, I love the fact you can ride the goat. That is amazing. And the panda is incredibly cute. I'm so excited for these games!

Same here! All the pokemon look great so far and can't wait for the games to come out!

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, son, I love me some birds. They're some of my favorites in real life and in game. I just love that we have a robin-looking bird now.

Nobody cares but I'm so excited that I have to share: combining birthday money and some extras laying around I may very soon have a 3DS. I didn't think I would be able to afford one in time for Pokemon XY. I'n not sure if it's worth it to spend the extra money for a 3DS or wait for a bundle or something like that, though.

• 2 weeks later...

So there's an official Fairy type, which happens to include Sylveon.

I really really really hate that they're making a new type.

It's super effective against Dragon and it'll have Gardevoir, Marill, and Jigglypuff.
At least Dragon has a weakness now.

And there's two new Pokemon (presumably Fairy type) called Noivern and Vivilion. Noivern's some eagle-bat thing and Vivilion's a butterfly.

Also, the scheduled release date is October 12.

Aaaaaand that's it I guess.

...Dragon was all ready weak to Ice and Dragon. Sorry, the way you said it made it sound like they had no weaknesses, which isn't true. Though as the suckers are hard to take out even when using x4 effective attacks (Ice attacks against a Dragon/Flying, for instance), I doubt this'll do much more than give us a more accessible weakness.

Not that I like it. But I'm going to trust Game Freak on this.

Everything else about it seems spot on, though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziue9ePsnKM

....petting Pokemon is ridiculously adorable.

Also, the new Pokemon are up on the Pokemon website. Seems Noivern is Flying/Dragon and Vivillon is Bug/Flying. I'd bet Vivillon has some pre-evos.

It's super effective against Dragon and it'll have Gardevoir, Marill, and Jigglypuff.

And there's two new Pokemon (presumably Fairy type) called Noivern and Vivilion. Noivern's some eagle-bat thing and Vivilion's a butterfly.

...Dragon was all ready weak to Ice and Dragon. Sorry, the way you said it made it sound like they had no weaknesses, which isn't true. Though as the suckers are hard to take out even when using x4 effective attacks (Ice attacks against a Dragon/Flying, for instance), I doubt this'll do much more than give us a more accessible weakness.

Not that I like it. But I'm going to trust Game Freak on this.

Everything else about it seems spot on, though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziue9ePsnKM

....petting Pokemon is ridiculously adorable.

Also, the new Pokemon are up on the Pokemon website. Seems Noivern is Flying/Dragon and Vivillon is Bug/Flying. I'd bet Vivillon has some pre-evos.

Agreed! The fairy type is ugh, but i will have to live with it, but the petting your pokemon thing is AMAZING. lol The new pokemon... WELLL... i find the bat thing too much like Swoobat but the the Butterfly is original!

I think the might be releasing more on the special going on at 6:00 pm PST or for me, 9:00 pm EST. So lets hope there is more to it! ALSO, seeing Yveltal and Xerneas in action was pretty cool!

EDIT: Even better! There will be 3 new pokemon to be added! (not including Noivern and Vivilion) As stated here, in serebii: Our friends at Pokebeach are at E3 and have discovered a trailer with three new Pokémon: A seahorse, a crustascean and a new bird. We'll get pictures soon

EDIT #2: OH BOYYY~! HERE ARE THE PICTURES OF NEW POKEMON: pokemon-x-y-e3-new-pokemon-1.jpgpokemon-x-y-e3-new-pokemon-2.jpgpokemon-x-y-e3-new-pokemon-3.jpgpokemon-x-y-e3-new-pokemon-3b.jpg

I forgot about Ice. But either way, neither Ice or Dragon are very commonly found in the game. They're usually both at near-end game, which by that point you probably have a full team of 6 already and have no need for an Ice or Dragon type.

Which is what I was saying, Dragon has a more common weakness now. From the looks of it, Fairy-types are found near the beginning of the game.

Also that giant bird looks like the 3rd evo of the smaller bird that was announced a while ago. The rest look cool.

I think it's a dumb thing that parts of the fandom refuse to let go of. Introducing a new type would throw the existing type chart into havoc and likely unbalance things (Steel and Dark were added TO balance it, in an effort to nerf the overpowered psychic and provide more weaknesses and strengths to other types that were tipped a little too far in one direction or the other when they shouldn't be). On top of that, the basis of a "fairy" type specifically baffles me some. What would it have that isn't covered by Normal, or Flying, or Psychic? And people list Pokemon that would be changed to be fairy instead of their current types, such as Clafairy, Jigglypuff, and Chansey. All three are perfectly fine as normal types and top the lists simply because they're pink and fluffy. A lot of what I've seen selects the sweet, cute and/or feminine Pokemon to be fairy, completely nixing the fact that in most old lore, fairies are vain, vindictive brats who love nothing more than causing trouble.

Um excuse you. Have you seen jigglypuff in the series? That little marker-wielding diva is plenty vain and trouble-causing. Of course it's not quite the same as old lore, but nothing about pokemon is very close to old lore about anything(correct me if I'm wrong on this), so why should fairy type be? Now that fairy type is official, The fairy pokemon list doesn't seem too much like they're sticking to cute/fluffy/pink/etc pokemon. Although the pokemon fandom and the pokemon creators are very different entities. I trust the pokemon creators to make fairy type into a cool and useful game mechanic. I personally love what I've heard so far about fairy type. More on that below.

Why did you assume the two new guys are fairy? It's already been revealed that neither of them are. Although you obviously didn't know that when you posted. Anyways, I think a new type is a great idea(although I do wish they'd gone with light instead of fairy -.-''')! I look forward to seeing some other fairy pokemon. Seeing as we don't have too much info on fairy type yet, I'll reserve ultimate judgement until later. I don't know, maybe they'll do something to turn me off the type but right now I'm leaning towards really loving it (idea-wise at least. I don't think that I could use them regularly. I'll stick to my fire and dragons types, thank you very much!). Also, my friend told me she thought it'd be cool if Fennekin evolved to be fire/fairy. I don't think it'll happen, but I'd love to see a fairy fox!

I forgot about Ice. But either way, neither Ice or Dragon are very commonly found in the game. They're usually both at near-end game, which by that point you probably have a full team of 6 already and have no need for an Ice or Dragon type.

Which is what I was saying, Dragon has a more common weakness now. From the looks of it, Fairy-types are found near the beginning of the game.

^^THIS! My main love for fairy stems from wanting to even the type advantages. I tend to devalue same-type weaknesses because in order to fully take advantage of them (using a dragon type pokemon with a dragon type move) you are also putting yourself at risk to have a super effective move used against you. :P I know someone mentioned electric is also unbalanced, but I feel dragon is in more dire need of evening. It is resistant to 4 very popular types(including all the starter types), and, as you said Khaos, only weak against rarer types.

There is now a *NEW CONFIRMED* battle sequence! It is called a "Sky Battle" here is a picture of it: skybattle.jpg

As you can see, there is a Haunter battling a new bird pokemon. Could this be the second/third evolution of Fletchling? :]

What do you guys think about the new Sky Battle? :D

I find it pretty cool actually! Its like what i have been imagining. :]

In other news...

On every other pokemon website, excluding the US page, under vivillon's section, there is a little note that states, zjawkg.png which translates to, When Spewpa evloves to Vivillon, it will grow some beautiful wings.

And this is taken directly from the Spanish Pokemon Website, and since all Spanish pokemon are named exactly as the english names, we are expecting Vivillon to evolve ATLEAST once. No one knows what Spewpa looks like, but its good to know that we could be expecting a new pokemon soon!

Its weird that the English site refuses to put that on there... Could they be hiding more from us that other sites already have?

EDIT #2:

We now have the names for the 2 new pokemon shown above!

Skrelp, The Seahorse Pokemon, is a Poison- and Water-type Pokémon. pokemon-x-y-e3-new-pokemon-1.jpg

and

Clauncher, the lobster/crab looking Pokemon, is a Water-type Pokémon

pokemon-x-y-e3-new-pokemon-3.jpgpokemon-x-y-e3-new-pokemon-3b.jpg

EDIT #3:

HORDE BATTLES ~ Another new battle system where a single pokemon verses 4 or more pokemon! Seen here: pokemon-x-y-e3-froakie-vs-houndour.jpg

I Stand Corrected: Talonflame is the new evolution of Fletchling! Talonflame is seen here in the sky battle: pokemon-x-y-e3-new-pokemon-2.jpg

Stealth Rocks will be removed in Gen VI.

ALSO~ You can ride the pokemon rhyhorn and rail slide on banisters with roller blades

EDIT #4:

There will be only one save file, sadly :<

Pokemon sounds are more advanced, such as growls, while Pikachu says PIKACHUU.

Not only will Flying type pokemon will be able to join Sky Battles! Pokemon with the move Gravitate will be able to get to join Sky Battles!

The Bike WILL be returning along with the roller blades!

There won't be just be one rival. Many will appear but the idea of this game is friendship between trainers

I will update you more as i watch the Official Pokemon Twitter Account live-tweeting the special Pokemon X & Y round table!

10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 PM EST ~ And thats it for the roundtable! We,again, have been flooded with information! Enjoy it while it lasts!

Um excuse you. Have you seen jigglypuff in the series? That little marker-wielding diva is plenty vain and trouble-causing. Of course it's not quite the same as old lore, but nothing about pokemon is very close to old lore about anything(correct me if I'm wrong on this), so why should fairy type be? Now that fairy type is official, The fairy pokemon list doesn't seem too much like they're sticking to cute/fluffy/pink/etc pokemon. Although the pokemon fandom and the pokemon creators are very different entities. I trust the pokemon creators to make fairy type into a cool and useful game mechanic. I personally love what I've heard so far about fairy type. More on that below.

Sticking with your reply to my bit here....

Yes, I'm aware Jigglypuff in the anime was a troublemaker. However, in the games (the anime is a separate continuity), Jigglypuff as a species is largely cute and harmless. In addition, the one in the anime was an individual. Most Jigglypuff shown in the series are pretty docile and not prone to fits.

Also, while we've only seen one new and three old Pokemon getting fairy, so far, yes they are picking cute Pokemon. Jigglypuff and Marill are traditionally very cute Pokemon that little girl NPC trainers have in game, and Gardevior is knowing for being so feminine that they gave the line a male evolution.

As for the lore: You're right, Pokemon lore doesn't match up to real lore all the time. However, this is about logic (and I've seen some others discuss this so I'm not alone in thinking this). Faeries, to the public mind, are small, elemental creatures that flit around doing magic. Dragons are big firey things that resist everything elemental. To my mind, and the minds of many others, having Fairy > Dragon doesn't make much sense.

Now, can this typing be amazing if done right? Of course! Can it be mainly the type of very cute Pokemon, and still be an excellent type? Obviously!

My main issue with the typing, now that it's official, is that it thus far seems rather pointless. It's stealing Ice's only redeeming factor (finding an Ice type with good stats and then using it against Dragons was one of the few reasons most people (most, not all, I know there are people that love Ice typed) snagged one), and nerfing something that's always been considered just short of a legendary Pokemon- something that's supposed to be powerful and hard to obtain and hard to fight.

Now, we may get more info about what it's strong/weak against and suddenly it fills a niche I never knew was needed. But until then, I'm kind of iffy on it. THough, like I said in my last post, I've elected to trust Game Freak on this. They're yet to steer me wrong.

Also, the post you quoted is almost a month old and was commenting specifically on the fans interpretation of Fairy. Not really the best indicator.

CoroCoro June has leaked! Here is what it contains!

First off we get the ENTIRE evolution line of Vivillon! Here is a picture!

corocoro6133th.jpg As you see, Vivillion is pictured next to Kofuurai, but we got its English name! It is know Spewpa! Next, the lowest and basic pokemon of the evolution is called Kofukimushi, And is still unknown what it will be called. This evolutionairy line will most likely be the Caterpie/Wurple of this generation, generally being the first pokemon you catch, let alone encounter.

shishiko_corocoro_july.jpg

Next, we have Shishiko, the lion cub pokemon. It is a fire/normal type and it will most likely evolve atleast once. It learns the *new* move War Cry.

furabebe_corocoro_scan.jpgfurabebe.jpg

Finally, we have Furabebe It is a pure Fairy type Pokemon and it is the smallest and lightest pokemon in existence. It is considered the One Flower Pokemon because it apparently finds just one flower that it bonds with for its whole life. Although this pokemon is not the flower it self, it protects it for entire life. This is one of the first Pure Fairy Types, with Sylveon being the first.

But thats not all! We also got what type the first gym leader is and what her name is!

The first gym will be BUG and the leader is called Viola which this gym will be located in Hakudan City. Next to her, there is lady named Pansy, who will appear in the anime on July 18th (in Japan) with a Gogoat and Helioptile. No other info is given about Pansy at the time.

Pansy Viola

pansy_and_viola_gym_leader_scan.png

Next, we have the starting city, Asame Town, Who has Sana, Tieruno, and Toroba who will all be starting their journey at the same time you are! You just move into the town (just like the Hoenn Games) BUT a rhyhorn lives in your yard! xD (random, but cool extra) Seen here:

friends_asame_town_corocoro.jpg

Tieruno/Toroba Tieruno/Toroba Sana

Well, what do you think of all the info given to us by Corocoro this month? We have been FLOODED with new info from E3 and CoroCoro! Hopefully Pokemon Smash shows something new too! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I hope I'm not the only one drooling over the new 3DS XL models Japan will be getting...especially that GOLD ONE!

xy1.jpgxy2.jpg

I would pay to have that gold one since it's sooo pretty! x'D

oh of course not i love the gold one. I really want it! HOPEFULLY it becomes localized here in amurrica and every where else in the world.

In other news, a new pokemon has been revealed!

This pokemons english name is Honedge and is a Ghost and Steel type!

honedge.png This pokemon unsheathes itself in battle and looks like this: 31.jpg

What do you guys think about Honedge?

I don't like honedge. It's a plain sword -_-.

But i like these ones. They were leaked from corocoro :

20130714_pokemon20130712.jpg

Sooo coool ! Especially the squid <3

They weren't leaked if they're from CoroCoro... It's an official source.... Now, the new tree Pokemon,t hat's being leaked by people who've seen the Japanese trailer. No official release of it yet.

I think Honedge is a neat concept. We get pokemon based on items, and "possessed" items a lot, but never one that's purely tsukumogami- just an item, that has been possessed, nothing more or less, no additions.

They weren't leaked if they're from CoroCoro... It's an official source.... Now, the new tree Pokemon,t hat's being leaked by people who've seen the Japanese trailer. No official release of it yet.

I think Honedge is a neat concept. We get pokemon based on items, and "possessed" items a lot, but never one that's purely tsukumogami- just an item, that has been possessed, nothing more or less, no additions.

Ikr. I love the idea behind Honedge, But i feel it would look way cooler when its sheath is still on and not taken off.

Could the new tree pokemon be an evolution of Sudowoodo i wonder?

I don't like honedge. It's a plain sword -_-.

But i like these ones. They were leaked from corocoro :

20130714_pokemon20130712.jpg

Sooo coool ! Especially the squid <3

IKR! I love the Squid pokemon too! But tthen the evolution looks alot like Ursula.

IKR! I love the Squid pokemon too! But tthen the evolution looks alot like Ursula.

LOL i just love Ursula. She was my favorite rival ever (And still is) , and yeah , The squid has a

few.....similarities with her.

BTW i also love the .... gorilla panda thing. It knows Hammer Arm. I love Hammer Arm. My Emboar knows Hammer Arm !

LOL i just love Ursula. She was my favorite rival ever (And still is) , and yeah , The squid has a

few.....similarities with her.

BTW i also love the .... gorilla panda thing. It knows Hammer Arm. I love Hammer Arm. My Emboar knows Hammer Arm !

I also love Ursula. Pangoro looks pretty cool. It would be cool if there were another different evolution. Like maybe just a solid fighting type. IDK i was just think it too long lool.

• 3 weeks later...

What they end up being like is going to depend entire on what a Mega form actually is. As all we currently have is a handful of those that will get it and some art, and a few very general details about it (it'll be a temporary, in-battle effect, and a the Pokemon must be holding a certain item or type of item [currently unclear]). As such, I'm reserving judgement until we have a solid idea of what it is beyond "in-battle, stat-raising effect"

What does everyone here think of the new Mega evolutions? Does it not remind you of Digimon? But at LEAST Pokemon took the mega route YEARs after Digimon had. It's time for a change, and the new Mega forms look AMAZING. pokemon_x_y_scan-2.jpg

I think the designs are amazing. I really like Lucario and Blaziken's new form and Ampharos gives a little chuckle because it has hair now! LOL

What they end up being like is going to depend entire on what a Mega form actually is. As all we currently have is a handful of those that will get it and some art, and a few very general details about it (it'll be a temporary, in-battle effect, and a the Pokemon must be holding a certain item or type of item [currently unclear]). As such, I'm reserving judgement until we have a solid idea of what it is beyond "in-battle, stat-raising effect"

I think they also stated that not all pokemon will get it. Soo idk?

But we do have three more pokemon!

corocoro8131.jpg

Here is there information:

First, the rabbit Pokémon Horubii is to be called Bunnelby . Its new special ability, Cheek Pouches, has the name of Cheek Pouch. If a Pokémon with this Ability eats a Berry during battle, it will not only reap the benefit from the Berry, but the Pokémon will also be able to regain HP.

Dedenne, the Electric/Fairy-type Pokémon will be known as Dedenne . Its Nuzzle, which looks cute as the user nuzzles up to a target with its cheeks fully charged, but it’s quite dangerous! Nuzzle will do damage while paralyzing the opponent.
Finally, the pre-evolution of Gogoat, Meekuru will be known as Skiddo. It is rideable in the field
What do you guys think about these three? We knew about Skiddo way back during the first or second trailer, Dedenne looks like a mixture of Himtaro and Raichu and Bunnelby looks like the 6th gen bunneary in my opinion.