Pokemon X & Y Discussion Thread!

~Ğǿǿmy~

They wouldn't be introducing a new type. The only one they added after 1st gen was Steel in 2nd and that was less of a "LET'S MAKE A NEW TYPE" and more of a "....why didn't we do this in the first place?"

It does look kind of normal, but I'm not sure- one of the things about Eevee is that it's a normal little fox thing that changes into an elemental. However neat a normal evo would be, I can't really see there being one. Along with what I just said, there's the fact that a normal-type evolution would be it's primary one, and thus most likely done by leveling. You know, it levels towards maturity naturally but it can be interrupted and take another path based on the environment. Thing is, that would require it to have been available from the start- and Game Freak is VERY careful about always making it a totally new, couldn't-have-happened-in-past-gens thing when they make a new evolution for an old Pokemon, so I kind of doubt it.

Hence why I bypassed Normal for Flying as the type. Flying is a widely requested Eevee type, the colors and base design fit, and to be perfectly honest I can't see it as any of the other missing types.

Yeah its most likely flying. butt... if you look at it in battle. its using a fire type move.. questionable much? ;3 But we already have Flareon.. :S

Can people just give up on the idea of a Light type? It'll never happen, and the only reason Dark and Steel were introduced in the first place was because the Psychic type was so overpowered in the 1st gen.

Yeah, I'm not too ecstatic about this Eeveelution. I mean, it's not bad, it's just... kind of boring. Just a generic cute mammal.

By the way, out of curiosity, am I the only one that doesn't think the 5th gen. was a total disappointment? :/ I think it was the second best generation of Pokemon ever behind 2nd gen.

Yeah i just said light type because of everyone think there is going to be one :S Generation 5 wasnt that bad actually! I loved alor of the pokemon in the game and the amazing Team Plasma calls for an amazing game!

I'm hoping for Ninfia to be a flying type. 'Nin' in Ninfia could be referring to nine, seeing as it's the 9th evo. Also, I know a certain someone who would love a Flying type eeveelution.

Ninfia was confirmed to be the Japanese name, by the way.

If it's flying, it could be Wingeon or Featheon (feather). Or they could come up with something more creative, but come on. Leafeon is the most basic name for a grass type eeveelution.

Also come on there's not gonna be a light type. Or a sound type, for that matter. There'd only be like maybe 10 - 15 moves that could be classified as Light or Sound. Of course, they could at new moves, like they did for steel and dark. But those moved were added way over time, and i doubt there's gonna be another 3 gens to add moves to it. Sticking to my theory of Pokemon ending in Gen 7.

BUT WHAT IF NINFIA IS A DRAGON TYPE

5th gen was very transitional. They were trying new things and re-balancing things for the new generation of fans, as well as training all their artists for full 3D (the 3Dexes that were available in the 3DS shop and the 3D Mystery Dungeons). Yes it's still interesting and has a lot of cool stuff, but when you've played for long enough you can really tell that they didn't put as much effort into the game and story and new Pokemon it specifically as they did the general back end and such. This by no means makes it bad, and I found the story unique and enjoyable, but some of the mechanics they were playing with were weird (the new eperience equation is great when you have low-level pokemon, but when you have a high level one in the end game it slows horribly) and the base formula for the story took a few hits (get your legend after the E4? Or during it? Erm.), and these changes were rather off putting.

tl;dr: while they were charming and a nice change of pace, the things they changed in the base formula knocked them down a few pegs in most people's books.

*shrug* I don't know. I liked a lot of the changes. I know a lot of people complain about how Unova is "too linear," and I agree that it's linear, but I think the visuals more than make up for the linearity. And I don't think the Pokemon were more or less poorly designed than the other regions. I've seen the "Trubbish and Vanillite" argument repeated ad infinitum, but they're really no worse than Grimer/Muk, Voltorb/Electrode, Magnemite/Magenton, etc. If Trubbish and Vanillite came out in the 1st gen., nobody would be complaining about them today.

I've also seen the whole "all the Pokemon are just Gen. 1 replacements" argument, but I don't buy that. At all. And the ones that are "replacements" do something different. For example, both Tauros and Bouffalant are based on bulls/bison, but Tauros focuses more on speed, while Bouffalant is more defensive.

And there are plenty of Pokemon that are well-designed. Braviary, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Haxorus, Tirtouga, Zoroark, Excadrill, the Sandile family, th Litwick family, and Galvantula are several that come to mind.

I didn't mind the experience thing personally, since I usually grind in the wild anyway.

It'll get Vindicated by History eventually, though. If the 3rd Gen (aka "The Dark Ages of Pokemon" and a generation I find extremely overrated, though not terrible) can get Vindicated by History, which it pretty much already has, then the 5th Gen definitely will later on down the road.

*shrug* I don't know. I liked a lot of the changes. I know a lot of people complain about how Unova is "too linear," and I agree that it's linear, but I think the visuals more than make up for the linearity. And I don't think the Pokemon were more or less poorly designed than the other regions. I've seen the "Trubbish and Vanillite" argument repeated ad infinitum, but they're really no worse than Grimer/Muk, Voltorb/Electrode, Magnemite/Magenton, etc. If Trubbish and Vanillite came out in the 1st gen., nobody would be complaining about them today.

I've also seen the whole "all the Pokemon are just Gen. 1 replacements" argument, but I don't buy that. At all. And the ones that are "replacements" do something different. For example, both Tauros and Bouffalant are based on bulls/bison, but Tauros focuses more on speed, while Bouffalant is more defensive.

And there are plenty of Pokemon that are well-designed. Braviary, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Haxorus, Tirtouga, Zoroark, Excadrill, the Sandile family, th Litwick family, and Galvantula are several that come to mind.

I didn't mind the experience thing personally, since I usually grind in the wild anyway.

It'll get Vindicated by History eventually, though. If the 3rd Gen (aka "The Dark Ages of Pokemon" and a generation I find extremely overrated, though not terrible) can get Vindicated by History, which it pretty much already has, then the 5th Gen definitely will later on down the road.

I agree with you, there's nothing cookie-cuttered from 1st gen like people say, but the people that say those things just look at designs flat out and not stats. "OMG THEY'RE ALL BATS THEY MUST BE TOTALLY IDENTICAL." Bleh. My previous post was more of a general response as to why people don't like 5th gen, I personally found them quite fun and liked the desgins. (Still didn't like how the cover legend was gotten after the E4 in BW2, really easy to miss for a lot of people and that kind of sucks)

Also, Squirrels, the attack may be orange/red, but the pattern of it looks like feathers to me.

I'm hoping for Ninfia to be a flying type. 'Nin' in Ninfia could be referring to nine, seeing as it's the 9th evo. Also, I know a certain someone who would love a Flying type eeveelution.

Ninfia was confirmed to be the Japanese name, by the way.

If it's flying, it could be Wingeon or Featheon (feather). Or they could come up with something more creative, but come on. Leafeon is the most basic name for a grass type eeveelution.

Also come on there's not gonna be a light type. Or a sound type, for that matter. There'd only be like maybe 10 - 15 moves that could be classified as Light or Sound. Of course, they could at new moves, like they did for steel and dark. But those moved were added way over time, and i doubt there's gonna be another 3 gens to add moves to it. Sticking to my theory of Pokemon ending in Gen 7.

BUT WHAT IF NINFIA IS A DRAGON TYPE

yeah the light type was pushing it but sound? thats just so stupid and uneeded. For Ninfeia most people say Flying or Normal due to the face that it is pink with huge blue eyes with a huge comparison to JigglyPuff and Clefairy.

I liked the third gen, the fifth gen had awesome pokemon concepts! I loved them!

Edited by Squirrels1666

I agree with you, there's nothing cookie-cuttered from 1st gen like people say, but the people that say those things just look at designs flat out and not stats. "OMG THEY'RE ALL BATS THEY MUST BE TOTALLY IDENTICAL." Bleh. My previous post was more of a general response as to why people don't like 5th gen, I personally found them quite fun and liked the desgins. (Still didn't like how the cover legend was gotten after the E4 in BW2, really easy to miss for a lot of people and that kind of sucks)

Also, Squirrels, the attack may be orange/red, but the pattern of it looks like feathers to me.

Yeah, but you know what? People say that about every generation.

I remember when the the 3rd Gen. was new, and back then, /a lot/ of people hated the Pokemon. "They're overdesigned," "they look like Digimon," and all that. And you know what? People said that a lot of the Hoenn Pokemon were rip-offs of Kanto Pokemon back then. "Feebas/Milotic are Magikarp/Gyarados rip-offs!" was the most common one, but I've also seen:

- Lairon/Aggron are Rhyhorn/Rhydon rip-offs

- Plusle/Minun. Enough said.

- Skitty/Delcatty are Meowth/Persian rip-offs

- I recall Nosepass and Luvdisc getting a lot of hate back then

- Also Ludicolo because "lulz its a mexican pineapple"

- Beautifly/Dustox = Butterfree/Venomoth

- Corphish/Crawdaunt = Krabby/Kingler

And I could go on.

I liked the third gen, the fifth gen had awesome pokemon concepts! I loved them!

Don't get me wrong, I like all the gens. Picking which one I don't like is like picking what kind of ice cream I like the least.

I just don't think the 3rd gen. is as amazing as people make it out to be. In order, I'd say the gens go like this for me:

2 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 1

Yeah, but you know what? People say that about every generation.

I remember when the the 3rd Gen. was new, and back then, /a lot/ of people hated the Pokemon. "They're overdesigned," "they look like Digimon," and all that. And you know what? People said that a lot of the Hoenn Pokemon were rip-offs of Kanto Pokemon back then. "Feebas/Milotic are Magikarp/Gyarados rip-offs!" was the most common one, but I've also seen:

- Lairon/Aggron are Rhyhorn/Rhydon rip-offs

- Plusle/Minun. Enough said.

- Skitty/Delcatty are Meowth/Persian rip-offs

- I recall Nosepass and Luvdisc getting a lot of hate back then

- Also Ludicolo because "lulz its a mexican pineapple"

- Beautifly/Dustox = Butterfree/Venomoth

- Corphish/Crawdaunt = Krabby/Kingler

And I could go on.

....I'm not sure you read anything but my caps.

I was agreeing with you.

They're only alike in that they're based on similar animals.

The caps were the "general take" a lot of people have, and I find it to be rather stupid to think they're the same because they have a similar base animal.

Flying Eevee. I highly DEMAND it more than any other Eeveelution x'D

A part of me wants to think of it as a cute fighting type for some reason....either way this Ninfia might be in my future party x3

I TOLD YOU! remember i said new eeveelutions XP yay! Most likely flying or fighting yes.

Don't get me wrong, I like all the gens. Picking which one I don't like is like picking what kind of ice cream I like the least.

I just don't think the 3rd gen. is as amazing as people make it out to be. In order, I'd say the gens go like this for me:

2 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 1

My Generations go.,,

2>3>1>5>4

I found 4 being very lack luster. i didnt enjoy it.

....I'm not sure you read anything but my caps.

I was agreeing with you.

They're only alike in that they're based on similar animals.

The caps were the "general take" a lot of people have, and I find it to be rather stupid to think they're the same because they have a similar base animal.

Hey Anime do you think there will be another eeveelution? I think this because in Gen 2 there were 2. In Gen 4 there were 2. In Gen 6 would there only be 1? And remember that trailer poster? remember how they were forrdhadowing Ninfia with that bow? What if they are also foreshadowing another eeveelution with those 3 stars at the end? :3

I never understood why people like Kanto so much.:/ Well, yeah, a lot of it is nostalgia, but I don't think that should factor into it.

I don't know. I just found Kanto and most of its Pokemon to be bland compared to the other four regions. I don't hate it, I just don't love it, either.

There probably will be another Eeveeloution this gen, they seem to like doing them in pairs. I'd place my bets on Fighting, as it'd provide a nice visual contrast to Ninfia (Fighting types are generally more masculine looking) and would also fit with Ninfia being Flying (they seem to like having one be super effective against the other- Dark->Psychic, Ice->Grass, and then Flying->Fighting)

There probably will be another Eeveeloution this gen, they seem to like doing them in pairs. I'd place my bets on Fighting, as it'd provide a nice visual contrast to Ninfia (Fighting types are generally more masculine looking) and would also fit with Ninfia being Flying (they seem to like having one be super effective against the other- Dark->Psychic, Ice->Grass, and then Flying->Fighting)

Yeah exactly. But then I get a little confused because when they are Down to dragon and ice has already been used, would the make 2 dragons?

@idriya I would totally quote you on that but I'm on the mobile version atm, I think most people enjoyed Kanto since its the original 151 they are in most games ie Gen 1,2,3 AND 4 with Green, Gold, Firered, and HGSS thats where I think most people enjoy it.

Or you could go the "other" way around and do a Rock type. Rock seems like a more "masculine" type, and Rock > Flying.

Or you could go the "other" way around and do a Rock type. Rock seems like a more "masculine" type, and Rock > Flying.

but we till do not know the typing of Ninfia yet so it could be the fighting one already, or it could be the normal type.

In other news, more Corocoro scans are expected by tomorrow or Thursday! There will be a huge wow factor also included!

I don't think Ninfia is very cute. I actually think it's kinda ugly :\

Also, maybe it's a poison type? Nin is in its name, and ninja pokemon are associated with Koga and are poison type. Just a thought.

Though it's a little... girly and frilly to be a poison type. Bug maybe? Nah.

I think Flying is most likely.

Edit: You know, the more I see it, the more it grows on me. Maybe it's kinda cute. Maybe.

English name is Sylveon! I like it, sounds pretty. Going to try and work out what "sylv" references during class.

beat me to the punch! and yeah i think its a flying type due to its four moves shown here:

I still think it looks flying, but these names seem bug type. The best I can find for "sylv" is "sylvan" which means "one who lives in the woods", and the names Sylvia and Sylvester which are "woods, forest", and "wooded"

Maybe the type's secret because they're dual-typing it? Pure Flying has never been a thing, after all.

I still think it looks flying, but these names seem bug type. The best I can find for "sylv" is "sylvan" which means "one who lives in the woods", and the names Sylvia and Sylvester which are "woods, forest", and "wooded"

Maybe the type's secret because they're dual-typing it? Pure Flying has never been a thing, after all.

Most Likely. Have you seen the pokemon website? They showed the whole guide of the eeveelution including Sylveon but left Sylveon with a ???

Hey Anime do you think Corocoro is releasing anything else? or was Sylveon the big wow factor of Gen 6 in feb?

We will be recieving a new pokemon alson in Pokemon Smash this weekend since they showed 2 silhouettes none of which looked like Sylveon' silhouettes.

Never know with CoroCoro, they may have some new treat for us. I think Sylveon will be the big news of the month, though. But we may get lucky and get a typing or hint in the next issue!

We may get some news ones released slowly before the big waves of announcements, but you have to admit, Game Freak really knows how to get us worked up. Starters, legends, Eeveeloution! The entire fanbase is in a frenzy of love for them, it's exactly what they want. And have I mentioned that I'm really excited for the simorelease?

Never know with CoroCoro, they may have some new treat for us. I think Sylveon will be the big news of the month, though. But we may get lucky and get a typing or hint in the next issue!

We may get some news ones released slowly before the big waves of announcements, but you have to admit, Game Freak really knows how to get us worked up. Starters, legends, Eeveeloution! The entire fanbase is in a frenzy of love for them, it's exactly what they want. And have I mentioned that I'm really excited for the simorelease?

that what release?

ALSO... The two silhouettes in the episode of Pokemon Smash are not of Sylveon!

Simorelease! Simultaneous release! X and Y will come out worldwide on the same day instead of coming out in Japan and then everyone else waiting 4 months.

We actually dont know about the release date just yet. Yes it will be coming out everywhere in October but what if it comes out in Japan on October 1st and in the Americas the 31st? :3