Pokemon X & Y Discussion Thread!

~Ğǿǿmy~

Either way, I'm going to add the new Eeveelution into my party one way or another :3

Plus I might finally break down and buy a 3DS XL in March when Gates to Infinity comes out!

Go for it! Hope you can find a good spot on it for your team.

Im definatly going to get X. The Y ledgendary just looks ugly in my opinion. Im also going to get the fire starter. Because I always end up chosing the one that looks the prettiest/cutest.. @_@

Imma choose Fennekin too. Everything else seems meh to me. UNLESS Fennekin turns into another fire fighting:S

Sylv- and other words with that prefix usually mean "of the woods" or something related.

It's French and German names (Nymphali and Feelinara) are pointing to Bug.

So it's likely going to be Bug.

Sylv- and other words with that prefix usually mean "of the woods" or something related.

It's French and German names (Nymphali and Feelinara) are pointing to Bug.

So it's likely going to be Bug.

Bug? :S

It looks nothing like a bug though... But that pink bow does look like butterfly wings... :S

I am really hoping for a Flying type. But most of the evidence points to Bug. Just something I realized when looking at the French name.

Although, it may be Flying. I don't think it'll be anything other then Bug or Flying.

Usually when they make a new Eeveelution, it comes with two. And one type is usually super effective against the other. (Eg Vaporeon - Flareon, Jolteon - Vaporeon, Umbreon - Espeon, Glaceon - Leafon) So maybe a Bug eevo and a Flying eevo yet to be released.

Usually when they make a new Eeveelution, it comes with two. And one type is usually super effective against the other. (Eg Vaporeon - Flareon, Jolteon - Vaporeon, Umbreon - Espeon, Glaceon - Leafon) So maybe a Bug eevo and a Flying eevo yet to be released.

Yeah if you see the trailer poster there is Sylveon's bow in the middle and 2 stars at the end. Are they pointing to something? :3

Has anyone else seen any more news on new Pokemon? I think that Sylveon is going to be a Bug Type.

Nope :/ I guess Sylveon is the huge wow factor of the month but really? thats not huge.

• 2 weeks later...

Nintendo hasn't come out with a new update for X and Y yet..;;

Anyway I heard a theory that X and Y is based on chromosomes (and gender) so Sylveon's method of evolving would be it being a female with some other sort of evolution, and that there's a male counterpart (a fighting type, compared to Slyveon being a flying type) that evolves while being male with the same evolution.

The only problem I have with this theory is that X and Y is probably based on the axis with it being 3D, and they wouldn't base the whole title on these two Pokemon. Thoughts?

Nintendo hasn't come out with a new update for X and Y yet..;;

Anyway I heard a theory that X and Y is based on chromosomes (and gender) so Sylveon's method of evolving would be it being a female with some other sort of evolution, and that there's a male counterpart (a fighting type, compared to Slyveon being a flying type) that evolves while being male with the same evolution.

The only problem I have with this theory is that X and Y is probably based on the axis with it being 3D, and they wouldn't base the whole title on these two Pokemon. Thoughts?

Very good idea. The only flaw with that though is that they have a eevee short coming out with the new movie in japan, and all they showed was Sylveon, no male conter part :/ It would be out of the ordinary though if they do not introduce a new eeveelution also.

In other news... We will be receiving leaks most likely tomorrow from Corocoro! They have been leaking it today but nothing about X and Y but we will receive some!

1st Gen(Red & Blue): Charmander & Squirtle

2nd Gen(Gold & Silver): Cyndaquil & Chikorita

2nd Gen(Crystal): Totodile

3rd Gen(Sapphire & Ruby): Mudkip & Treeko

3rd Gen(Emerald): Torchic

4th Gen(Diamond & Pearl): Turtwig & Piplup

4th Gen(Platinum): Chimchar

5th Gen(Black): Snivy

5th Gen(Black 2): Oshawott

CoroCoro would release anything they're allowed to as soon as possible. They exist to sell themselves, after all. Game Freak simply hasn't released any mroe information yet. Don't get angry, this is usually how early updates usually end up spaced.

Well great news! (not from corocoro...) Pokemon Smash will be releasing a new pokemon in their show next week! here are two screen shots of the "pokemon":

http://pokebeach.com/2013/03/pokemon-smash-to-reveal-pokemon-x-and-y-details-next-week

As you can see, its basically a circle with a ? atm... but soon, it will be a pokemon!its mostly going to be a flying pokemon since it shows very little one land.

what type of pokemon do you think it will e?

Also, a new trailer should air shortly!

Why do people believe and spread that sort of thing.... making MissingNo real is actually an even more ridiculous rumor than a "light" or "sound" type. @_@ The box is just so they don't give away any spoiler details. I'd be prepared to bet that the round egg shape is just a placeholder as well.

awesome, i can't wait 8D

the question mark brings up something i heard that said that they were going to make missingno an actual pokemon, but that's unlikely

that would be very unlikely since it was a mistake made by nintendo, i wouldnt want to think that they would make it a pokemon..

Why do people believe and spread that sort of thing.... making MissingNo real is actually an even more ridiculous rumor than a "light" or "sound" type. @_@ The box is just so they don't give away any spoiler details. I'd be prepared to bet that the round egg shape is just a placeholder as well.

I agree, missingno seems quite ridiculous... but same with the new types. but how could they do a place holder with the pokemon? that would require alot of editing out. Its mostly just covering up the pokemon.

April 5th, 2013 EDIT: Guys get ready! Tomorrow evening, which will be Sunday morning in Japan, we will get a new pokemon released! What do you guys think it will be? We will also get 2 other things. What do you think those will be? :]

Cant wait till tomorrow!

Edited by Squirrels1666