Pokemon X & Y Discussion Thread!

~Ğǿǿmy~

Hey guys! As you know the new generation of pokemon games have been released! Pokemon X & Y are going to be released international on October 2013! The three starters are:

Fennekin fennekin.jpg

Chespin: chespin.jpg

and finally...

Froakie: froakie.jpg

Which starter will you get?

Here are the two legendary pokemon revealed! Their names are not know yet but will soon be!

The Legendary from Pokemon Y: mascot1.jpg

mascot1b.jpg

Legendary from Pokemon X: mascot2.jpg

What game will you get?

Post below!! ^_^

My boyfriend and I will get both of the games. I'm going to pick Fennekin as my starter. I'm so excited for the new games.

I've had my 3DS since release (maybe not the best move, but I wanted Zelda and I got some 20-odd free games out of it so it's cool). I'm going to get both eventually, proooobably start with X. Fennekin as my starter first, experiment with the others later.

Current theories seem to be running towards Chespin being grass/dark, Fennikin being fire/physic, and Froakie being water/fighting. This is based off the second attacks they're shown to use in the trailer. A friend also said they think it's based in Europe- you can see Eiffel Tower-esque landmarks in the trailer and one behind Pikachu in the intro. Also they're restarting the route numbering again, as the same friend saw a sign with a 3 on it.

Legend names have been released. Xerneas (ZURR-nee-us) and Yveltal (ee-VELL-tall). Say the second one a few times and you'll get it, it's not as bad as it looks.

They actually have made a correction to Yvetal's pronounciation. It is now ee-BELL-tall.

I've had my 3DS since release (maybe not the best move, but I wanted Zelda and I got some 20-odd free games out of it so it's cool). I'm going to get both eventually, proooobably start with X. Fennekin as my starter first, experiment with the others later.

Current theories seem to be running towards Chespin being grass/dark, Fennikin being fire/physic, and Froakie being water/fighting. This is based off the second attacks they're shown to use in the trailer. A friend also said they think it's based in Europe- you can see Eiffel Tower-esque landmarks in the trailer and one behind Pikachu in the intro. Also they're restarting the route numbering again, as the same friend saw a sign with a 3 on it.

Yup yup! The sixth generation will be based off of France!

They actually have made a correction to Yvetal's pronounciation. It is now ee-BELL-tall.

Till I see an update on Serebii or something from Nintendo or Game Freak I'm inclined to go with vell instead of bell. THere's a V in the name, after all, not a B, and they don't usually go with weird letter swaps.

I for one am VERY EXCITED!!!!!

I might go with Chespin since it's very cute and I might get Pokemon Y since I like the logo more :laughingsmiley:

I still wanna see the final evolutions before really picking my starter since they're not really the "best" in my opinion (2nd gen still has my fav starters)

I was going to buy a 3DS XL mainly for Animal Crossing: New Leaf but now I KNOW I will own one this year xP

I for one am VERY EXCITED!!!!!

I might go with Chespin since it's very cute and I might get Pokemon Y since I like the logo more :laughingsmiley:

I still wanna see the final evolutions before really picking my starter since they're not really the "best" in my opinion (2nd gen still has my fav starters)

I was going to buy a 3DS XL mainly for Animal Crossing: New Leaf but now I KNOW I will own one this year xP

I am stoked as well! I Also they're rumors of new eeveelutions! Most likely dragon and ground!

They haven't made any new eeveelutions since 4th generation so I'll continue to cross my fingers for a FLYING EEVEE!! :wub_anim:

But still, MOAR EEVEES IN 3D!!

There is a reason for this.

The odd number generations introduce only new pokemon

(Ruby and Sapphire are an acception due to the fact of Abra and others)

While...

The even number generations intrduce new pokemom + old generation pokemon but new evolutions

Like:

Espeon Generation 2

Umbreon Generation 2

Leafeon Generation 4

Glaceon Generation 4

So we should be expecting new eeveelutions!

I think that's less of a pattern and more of a coincidence. The data set's too small to say anything definitive on it. Maybe we will get new evos, maybe we won't.

I'll probably get X, but I'll absolutely get the water starter. I've gotten only water starters since blue when I was like 5!

We're definitely due for some new eeveelutions, though. It's my FAVORITE evolutionary chain! They'd better be cute, too! If I could, I'd hover behind the artist in his office and shout in his ear, "NO! IT'S NOT CUTE ENOUGH! DO IT AGAIN!"

Lol, I'm so silly. XD

I think that's less of a pattern and more of a coincidence. The data set's too small to say anything definitive on it. Maybe we will get new evos, maybe we won't.

Maybe :3 We never know! We will have to wait and see until more pokemon are released!

I'll probably get X, but I'll absolutely get the water starter. I've gotten only water starters since blue when I was like 5!

We're definitely due for some new eeveelutions, though. It's my FAVORITE evolutionary chain! They'd better be cute, too! If I could, I'd hover behind the artist in his office and shout in his ear, "NO! IT'S NOT CUTE ENOUGH! DO IT AGAIN!"

Lol, I'm so silly. XD

LOOL i agree with you completely! Me? I will be getting Fennekin.

My starters i've got with:

Red- Green: Charmander/Bulbasaur

Gold Silver Crystal: Cyndaquil

Ruby Sapphire Emerald: Treeko/Mudkip

Diamond, Pearl, Platinum: Piplup

Black, White: Snivy

Black 2 & White 2: Oshawott

My starters:

1st gen: Squirtle

2nd gen: Chikorita

3rd gen: Torchic

4th gen: Piplup

5th gen: Snivy (even for Black 2)

Pattern says I should go with the fire starter next...but I do like Chespin xP

i might change my mind once their evolutions are released, but for know i will stick with Fennekin :3

CHESPIN CHESPIN CHESPIN CHESPIN CHESPIN

ahem

My starters:

Red and blue: Bulbasaur

Gold and Silver(i actually played Crystal): Totodile

Ruby and Sapphire: Treecko

Diamond and Pearl: Piplup

Black and White: Snivy

Black 2/White 2: Oshawott

I REALLY REALLY LIKE CHESPIN!!!!!!!

omg i cant wait until october

i love the legendaries

i love the starters (chespin)

i love the 3D

i love the name

did i mention chespin

CHESPIN CHESPIN CHESPIN CHESPIN CHESPIN

ahem

My starters:

Red and blue: Bulbasaur

Gold and Silver(i actually played Crystal): Totodile

Ruby and Sapphire: Treecko

Diamond and Pearl: Piplup

Black and White: Snivy

Black 2/White 2: Oshawott

I REALLY REALLY LIKE CHESPIN!!!!!!!

omg i cant wait until october

i love the legendaries

i love the starters (chespin)

i love the 3D

i love the name

did i mention chespin

LOL NICE. There was this one picture i saw on facebook and it had the grass starters 1-5 and snivy asking "So if you are a grass type why are you so brown?"

and then Bulbasaur saying "OMG SNIVY! You dont ask pokemon that!" I loled really hard

I mix up my starters a lot.

Red/Blue: Bulbasaur

Silver: Cyndaquill

Crystal: Chikorita

Sapphire: Mudkip

Emerald: Treecko and Torchic (I started over)

FireRed: Charmander

Leaf Green: Squirtle (I started over, but still who doesn't love Squirtle?)

HeartGold: Totodile

Pearl: Chimchar

Diamond: Pipulp

Plantinum: Piplup

Black: Snivy

Black 2: Oshawatt, but I had to start over because I was suppose to do something in order so I chose Tepic when I started over.

I mix up my starters a lot.

Red/Blue: Bulbasaur

Silver: Cyndaquill

Crystal: Chikorita

Sapphire: Mudkip

Emerald: Treecko and Torchic (I started over)

FireRed: Charmander

Leaf Green: Squirtle (I started over, but still who doesn't love Squirtle?)

HeartGold: Totodile

Pearl: Chimchar

Diamond: Pipulp

Plantinum: Piplup

Black: Snivy

Black 2: Oshawatt, but I had to start over because I was suppose to do something in order so I chose Tepic when I started over.

Nice lol What starter will you be getting in Pokemon X and Y?