NF only auctions!!

cup_of_chai_tea

i got a glowing paintbrush i won from keyquest and put up a little auction for neofriends only, i got 5 friend requests within the day, i was naive and excepted 2, now some sniper is going to get my paintbrush :grrr: , do you get neofriend request when you hold NF only auctions?

I've had that happen to me before- while being lent an item through the ALP actually!

At the time, I was doing a lot of Habi help boards, and so I was getting a lot of NF requests from people that wanted items on Habi. I stupidly accepted one guy, who then bid on the item (I think it was the Zafara Plushie). Ugh.

Well, that sure taught me though! I am super hyper vigilent while accepting NF requests now- I basically don't accept them if they don't come from here. :P

Some people are really really sneaky like that! I'm sorry that happened :'(

It's happened to me before with the ALP as well with Meowclops. Is there a rule with the ALP not to accept friends requests whilst an auction is going on? There really should be, it's easy to forget how conniving some players are! D:

yea xD i should make sure to put something on my look up like "if your here to add me for that auction, don't think about it!" or wait till the auction is over and then accept them :laughingsmiley:

Baha XD Yeah, definitely leave it next time and accept them afterwards!

Haha me too! They'd probably just delete you straight away though since they didn't get what they were after. Cheeky blaggards. XD

yea xD i should make sure to put something on my look up like "if your here to add me for that auction, don't think about it!" or wait till the auction is over and then accept them :laughingsmiley:

i just got a NF request :whistle: i'll try it now :evil:

Well if you delete them now, that will be okay because I am currently the last bidder for the auction. :P

I added you a while ago way before the auction. People did that to me with an avatar lend. I just blocked them!

One of my weirdest auction experiences was the time that I was doing a nf only action just because one of my neofriends had never won an auction before. We were using a faerie bottle for 10 np. That's a good deal, but I didn't think it would be something that anyone else would get too excited about. One person sent me constant friend requests until the two hours were up and the auction ending. It was weird. I'd at least understand if it was a paintbrush or something, but they would have only been saving maybe 1000 np if they won my auction.

wow :P that is a persistent person

looks like i got another request D:

and now another!

@master_of_faster

yes! now i can accept all neofriend requests and tell them "NEOFRIENDS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I've gotten to the point where, unless you're currently borrowing ALP items from me or I know you in RL, I don't add NFs and, after lends, delete the NFs I added to lend. Especially when lending for reduced collat, you get a ton of requests. I kind of look at it lie if I were trying to sell the item to whoever, I wouldn't have restricted it to NF-only. Auctions are usually NF-only for a reason. If I see a NF auction and I have received no contact about it, I assume it's not for me and don't bother xD

You can block NF requests :) You can also delete them off your friend list so they can no longer bid on your auction, and just have one of your real friends outbid them. I block NF requests because I'd get far too many from doing ALP lends and my trades/shop. Way too many freloaders floating around, sadly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rotfl all the weird, surprising things that can happen when NP is involved

I don't have such experiences. I do NF auctions on my side- easier to keep track of things. I just send

the buyer a friend request & that's about it. If there were any random requests, I just delete them.

At the time, I was doing a lot of Habi help boards, and so I was getting a lot of NF requests from people that wanted items on Habi.

Same thing with me! I'm going through my NF list and deleting people one by one.. though its pretty hard to remember who added me cos i helped them on habi :S

(ps, i rly think u should be able to give items on habi to whoever, like in regular item gifting)