The Habitarium Help Board

Zombiiesque

Could someone please raid me? I accidentally hatched an extra soldier I don't want, so I would like to see him killed off. >D LOL.

whats the xp you get for harvesting instead of hatching? and is the xp bigger as your level increase or upgraded in terms of p3?

You don't get any XP for harvesting eggs- you recieve it when you hatch or delete an egg (30 and 200, respectively). And no, I don't believe the XP amount changes in terms of level increases or upgrades. I don't remember the amounts being any lower when I first started.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I had an egg incubating, it was close to hatching, then when I checked back it was little and like it had just started?

Not really a major problem, I'm just a bit underpopulated at the moment and I only have one nester :(

Does it happen to all of your eggs? Or just one, every once in a while?

If a pest attacks a nest, it can make the bar reset, or go back a bit. But if it's happening to all of your eggs, you may want to send in a ticket- it might be a glitch. But it's probably just those pesky pests!

Yeah it was a one time thing, must have been pests!

Thanks for your help.

Also do you know if the pine cone shards actually keep out pests, like it suggests in the description?

No problem. :)

No more so than any other decoration. All pests and P3s can attack/fix things through two 'squares', so unless you have building - space - decoration (or, I suppose building - decoration - decoration), it won't actually protect anything.

They can magically appear in that space though, if you have a free space. I've had that happen while I was moving my decorations around! The only thing I didn't like about the blocking with two items is that then my soldiers can't repair if a building deteriorates on its own, which they do.

is there any tips on power leveling other than egg discarding? or should i start adding more friends?

Get your soldiers to build nests. For every building, you receive 200 XP. Upgrading it will give you 300 XP. If there are pests attacking, let them attack your buildings so you can repair it to gain 5 XP per decay.

okay, i guess I'm gonna have to get my little slaves, err workers to get more resources so i can build more nests.

edit: is 3 soldiers, 3 nesters, and 6 workers a good population, or do i need to readjust?

double edit: also is it 2500 resources max per habitarium or storage building?

I'm keeping soldiers to 3, nesters to 3, and everyone else is a worker (level 42). I started with more nesters than workers though, since I just hatched anything. But 3 soldiers are definitely enough. Keep a supply of eggs for workers when you level up (although make sure to keep the eggs coming—I've read they can expire, so discard the oldest ones if you're slow to level). You're going to get more XP by harvesting than discarding eggs in general.

It's 2500 resources max per type of storage building, which can then be upgraded as you level (to 3500 at level 21, then 4500 at level 44). I'm using 5 storage buildings per crop at the moment, since I tend to go AFK to leave Habi running (I don't want to deal with switching the buildings around if they are full).

don't worry, you can build your population back up pretty quickly if you spend some time on habi

edit: btw: 3 soldiers, 4 nesters, 7 workers now. also i have 2 houses, one lvl 1 and one lvl 2. and 3 lvl 1 nests, my question is this: should I spend the resources upgrading the second house to lvl 2 or purchase another nest for my fourth nester?

Finally got my computer "somewhat" fixed and I'm able to play the Habitarium on it! YAY. Problem is - I don't have many neofriends. I know, I'm such a loner. Lol. If anyone would like to add me, please do. I can help out your habitat but can't really do gifting at the moment because I'm such a beginner and I barely have any resoures/petpetpets. :/

Have any of you spent NeoCash on your Habis for decorating - I'm mainly wondering about the P3 droppers, I was really wondering if when your P3s die if you have to repaint them? Thanks!

Yes, you do have to repaint your P3s when they die and the inks have limited use. You're better off saving your cash and passing on those.

Hey everyone. Figured I'd bump this thread and see if anyone uses the "blocking method". I'm a level 17 now and have read the guide in this thread on blocking, and gave it a shot. It seems to be working out quite well. At first I didn't know anything about, I thought how on earth can they harvest if they can't reach the storages? Seems they can. I'm new to this technique though so if anyone has any extra tips to offer, that'd be great! Also ---- what to use for blocking? Right now I'm just using the grarrl tooths and twigs b/c the fences don't seem to work out too well since you can't rotate them.

I can't really afford the fancy decorations so looks like my habi won't be looking too pretty, but should be leveling up faster.

- One more question. Is it better to block off your P3's or your storages? I've heard differing opinions on this and I'm kinda confused. Thanks!

- Double edit. I'm kinda mad at myself for hatching all these nesters. Being so inexperienced, I really didn't think much about it. I was hatching just about anything. So now I have 7 workers, 6 soldiers, and 9 nesters. Ugh. Oh well, at least I know for next time.

Yes, you do have to repaint your P3s when they die and the inks have limited use. You're better off saving your cash and passing on those.

Ahh, thank you!! I was wondering about that. Definitely not worth it!

Hey everyone. Figured I'd bump this thread and see if anyone uses the "blocking method". I'm a level 17 now and have read the guide in this thread on blocking, and gave it a shot. It seems to be working out quite well. At first I didn't know anything about, I thought how on earth can they harvest if they can't reach the storages? Seems they can. I'm new to this technique though so if anyone has any extra tips to offer, that'd be great! Also ---- what to use for blocking? Right now I'm just using the grarrl tooths and twigs b/c the fences don't seem to work out too well since you can't rotate them.

I can't really afford the fancy decorations so looks like my habi won't be looking too pretty, but should be leveling up faster.

- One more question. Is it better to block off your P3's or your storages? I've heard differing opinions on this and I'm kinda confused. Thanks!

- Double edit. I'm kinda mad at myself for hatching all these nesters. Being so inexperienced, I really didn't think much about it. I was hatching just about anything. So now I have 7 workers, 6 soldiers, and 9 nesters. Ugh. Oh well, at least I know for next time.

I just block off my storages. I think it's personal preference - I don't actually have much lag at all and that's the method I use. I know a lot of people like to block off their P3's though! I use those glowy rocks, I forget what they're called, for blocking. I was using those really cute clover patches, but I read that they can make your habi lag since they're animated. And that's kind of the nice thing, if you hatch too many of one thing, you can just start over next week!

Ahh, thank you!! I was wondering about that. Definitely not worth it!

I just block off my storages. I think it's personal preference - I don't actually have much lag at all and that's the method I use. I know a lot of people like to block off their P3's though! I use those glowy rocks, I forget what they're called, for blocking. I was using those really cute clover patches, but I read that they can make your habi lag since they're animated. And that's kind of the nice thing, if you hatch too many of one thing, you can just start over next week!

Thanks for the reply.... I guess the reason for the personal preference is because the P3's can't get hurt/killed by the pests if they're in-closed? :eh: I think it would be MUCH easier to just block off my storages... so I think I might try that instead. I don't like having to use all these random items to block them in with.

And yeah, I forgot which day I started.... My first lot should be dying off in a couple of days? Hmm, wish I would of remembered the day!

The pests are after your resources, so generally they don't hurt your P3's unless the workers are on the same square that they're trying to attack - then the workers will fight them. Usually you'll see them getting low on health, there will be a little heart above their head! I don't have this too often though.

I used to block off my P3s (I used fences and twigs- the branches seemed well to go 'across' and the fences worked well going 'down'. I have switched to just blocking off my storages- I got sick of half a day being wasted because my storages were full, and they couldn't access another resource. My lag is fine, especially since I put the quality of the flash down to low. But before I changed the quality, the lag was less with blocking the p3s- so if lag is a serious problem for you, blocking off p3s is definitely the way to go.

Also, you don't have to rotate them. P3s can't move diagonally, so even if you think that they would be able to get out, they probably can't.

I used to block off my P3s (I used fences and twigs- the branches seemed well to go 'across' and the fences worked well going 'down'. I have switched to just blocking off my storages- I got sick of half a day being wasted because my storages were full, and they couldn't access another resource. My lag is fine, especially since I put the quality of the flash down to low. But before I changed the quality, the lag was less with blocking the p3s- so if lag is a serious problem for you, blocking off p3s is definitely the way to go.

Also, you don't have to rotate them. P3s can't move diagonally, so even if you think that they would be able to get out, they probably can't.

Thanks, that's very helpful. How do I change the quality of the flash? Perhaps that would help. Then if it doesn't.... looks like I'll be blocking them in. Also, I think I read somewhere that pests can spawn (although improbable) right ON TOP of your P3's?! :ohno: So I guess I'd have to place an item right on top of them too, and that just looks WAY to crowded for my taste. I'll try turning down the flash and blocking the storages first.

Thanks guys!

Oh, and I've been leaving my Habi turned on at night so I can level up faster.... but it seems once I go up a level, I always come back to the "you've leveled up screen". Does that mean... once I level up, it's pretty much pointless to have kept it on that long? Since it stays on that screen?

Thanks, that's very helpful. How do I change the quality of the flash? Perhaps that would help. Then if it doesn't.... looks like I'll be blocking them in. Also, I think I read somewhere that pests can spawn (although improbable) right ON TOP of your P3's?! :ohno: So I guess I'd have to place an item right on top of them too, and that just looks WAY to crowded for my taste. I'll try turning down the flash and blocking the storages first.

Thanks guys!

Oh, and I've been leaving my Habi turned on at night so I can level up faster.... but it seems once I go up a level, I always come back to the "you've leveled up screen". Does that mean... once I level up, it's pretty much pointless to have kept it on that long? Since it stays on that screen?

I downloaded an add-on for Chrome that lets me manually adjust the flash quality for an entire website. I don't know what browser you use, or if they have add ons for other browsers, but it's worked fantastically for me!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jklnclajhlcbghmgkljidaofhcnmjffo

Yep, Pests can appear on top of your pests, but it is rare. And if they do, the pests are normally attacking the resource your P3 is harvesting, so your workers will attack them as well. Putting a decoration on top will stop that happening, but I found it SUCH a pain. Because you can't put a P3 on top of a decoration, each time you move your P3s back to work after resting them, you have to move that decoration, and then put it on top of them. Ugh. LOL.

Nope! Your workers keep on working even if that screen is up, so no worries! I have that happen sometimes, when I refresh the page and then don't check it. I come back to the little notice about what has happened since you last were there, but I have a tonne of gems, so despite that screen being up, everyone kept doing what they were supposed to do. :) It just stays there so the game knows you've seen it! :)