The Habitarium Help Board

Zombiiesque

I read that if you block off your nests two deep they can't attack it? I don't know how true it is but I tried that and they still decayed - and then the problem was my soldiers couldn't reach them to repair them so I had to pull them out every time I wanted them repaired. Meh, I got rid of that quickly enough.

I'm gifting today if anyone needs anything, non-neocash! I have a ton of extra resources.

Yep, that's right! Things can't be attacked (or repaired) more than two deep, but they still decay over time. I used to do that with my storages- I had a huuuuge mass of storages in a corner. Pain to fix them all up!

I'm trying to restart habi on my new account and I'm in desperate need of houses if anyone could help me out? My guild mates have been so helpful so far sending me nests and food when I need them but I feel rude asking them for any more stuff. I am so thankful if anyone can send me any :)

I'm trying to restart habi on my new account and I'm in desperate need of houses if anyone could help me out? My guild mates have been so helpful so far sending me nests and food when I need them but I feel rude asking them for any more stuff. I am so thankful if anyone can send me any :)

Sure thing! :)

I`ve sent a friend request.

Could you also please fix my resource tiles? I was hit pretty hard by some pests. :(

Sure thing! :)

I`ve sent a friend request.

Could you also please fix my resource tiles? I was hit pretty hard by some pests. :(

Sure thing, thank you so much Rebecca :)

It seems that pests can attack through a building, just as soldiers can repair through another building, and food can be eaten even though it's been blocked off by one square. Annoying. :(

No fun. =/

On a side note, I have more than a dozen each of all non-NC buildings and I'm looking to get rid of every last one. ;)

Okay, my Habitarium is SLOW as anything! I have very few decorations (just two clover patches) and very few buildings and P3s, but the frame rate is atrocious! When I move it around the frame actually STICKS so I need to switch between tabs for it to sort itself out! Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT : I have the same thing with KQ so I'm suspecting it's Flash. I have the latest version, I think, and I'm on Firefox

Okay, my Habitarium is SLOW as anything! I have very few decorations (just two clover patches) and very few buildings and P3s, but the frame rate is atrocious! When I move it around the frame actually STICKS so I need to switch between tabs for it to sort itself out! Anyone else having this problem?

Are your P3s 'blocked' in? I found that blocking made a HUGE difference in the speed of my habi. :)

I'm curious to see how people have their habis set up if you don't mind posting screenshots. Currently letting my P3s rebuild everything. I was away for a while so all but three of them died. I luckily had a lot of eggs in my bag though. I have the layout with the one pond in the upper right corner btw.

Here is mine!

2l97bjq.jpg

I recently just redid how my storages were laid out. I used to have about 25 of them, filling the entirety of the left corner (basically went in a straight line, connecting the tree and rock, down to the barracks. I was sick of having to take them apart to repair them though, and there really no use for that many. So I have just one line now. I may add a second, depending on how fast these storages fill up. :)

Good thing you had lots of eggs in your bag! :) If you need any help with getting new buildings, or whatnot, just let us know. :D

Thanks Rebecca! I'm alright as far as buildings though. Here's my habi. I'm getting tired of moving the storages (16 total) around too so I planned on doing some rearranging. As you can see, a lot of them are still broken lol. The only downside to rebuilding is I swear pests go overboard with attacks. When my habi is fine I don't get nearly as many attacks.

habi.png

Thanks Rebecca! I'm alright as far as buildings though. Here's my habi. I'm getting tired of moving the storages (16 total) around too so I planned on doing some rearranging. As you can see, a lot of them are still broken lol.

habi.png

I thought you might be, since it was just your p3s that died. :)

Lol, someone else with the same problem I had! God, moving all those storages is just not worth the trouble, eh?

zhabi.png

Okay, here's mine. I just rearranged AGAIN for the 300th time. I block my storages off rather than blocking in my P3s, it seems to work okay for me. I've been just deleting storages and building new ones when I get full because even though I have a few people who need gifts, I don't have enough to use all of the resources I've gathered.

I got tired of moving the storages around, so I don't bother with them anymore. It doesn't seem to reward much exp any way. I'm usually swapping them out so no big deal for me.

My happy little Habi:

my_habi.png

Okay, here's mine. I just rearranged AGAIN for the 300th time. I block my storages off rather than blocking in my P3s, it seems to work okay for me.

I started with that method, but it would lag when P3s decided to switch sides. x.x

Very nice MagicMaid. Here's my revamped habi. Not sure if I want to block the storages yet. Darn pests messed up a few of my resources as I was trying to rebuild. Perfect opportunity to strike eh? I first was going to leave the nests in the corner like I had them but decided against it.

myhabitarium.png

Oh and there's an invisible object in the upper right corner which is why I didn't put a tree there. Any idea how to rectify that??

Oh, that looks nice! Yeah, I really do like having my storages blocked in, but I only do one row deep and not two. That way if they do get attacked I can have a soldier repair them!

You know, I've had that problem from time to time with mine - I originally had put a line of storages over in that corner and then moved them around, and that little object showed up. Eventually it disappeared, and I was able to put a home in there and I'm leaving it there - maybe yours will disappear after a while too? It's like if you had something there and moved it it left a ghost behind - really weird.

Oh and there's an invisible object in the upper right corner which is why I didn't put a tree there. Any idea how to rectify that??

http://www.neopets.com/~nimmo

Click "Possible ways of fixing a locked out Habitarium" and right below it is a section called "Meepits." Apparently that's what invisible eggs in that corner are called. :P

http://www.neopets.com/~nimmo

Click "Possible ways of fixing a locked out Habitarium" and right below it is a section called "Meepits." Apparently that's what invisible eggs in that corner are called. :P

Lol, funny. Thanks. When I opened my habi today the only three surviving P3s were in that same corner.

I had an interesting thought on how to get rid of resources. I've tried gifting to level level players but not that many people want items. (I have 20+ of every building now...)

You can gift upgraded buildings as long as they're not built at all, right? But when the other person gets it, it goes back to level one. Which means they can upgrade it and then turn around and gift it back to you. And then you can start the cycle over the next day.

Do it with enough friends and I think this could be a bit easier than gifting or swapping out storages.

Are pollen, water, and grass useful outside of upgrading your P3's? If they aren't, then I can make my P3's solely focus on collecting the main 3 resources.

Also, will grarrl teeth block out pests from damaging your structures if you have teeth surrounding them?

Are pollen, water, and grass useful outside of upgrading your P3's? If they aren't, then I can make my P3's solely focus on collecting the main 3 resources.

Also, will grarrl teeth block out pests from damaging your structures if you have teeth surrounding them?

The only use for pollen, grass and water are dyes and foods. If you use those, they're plenty useful.

Otherwise, not at all.

In order to have decorations protect your structures they have to be two deep (or use a decoration that is 2x2 or 1x2 in size), or you can have a blank spot between the decoration and the structure. If you have the blank area though, pests can appear inside of there, and your soldiers won't be able to get in to fight them.

Personally, I don't bother trying to protect my structures. It's easy enough to have my soldiers fix them after, and I get XP for it. I'm more concerned with protecting my resources. :)

I pretty much gave up protecting mine for the same reason, and I don't bother with food at all these days. I used to on my old main before I read all the guides and now I never buy it, so I never harvest the other three - I don't buy ink either.

As to the gifting, meh I've about given up on it - I just use your trick of deleting storages every day and starting over. I only gift if someone asks specifically now, because I get tired of trying to round up people to gift to.