The Habitarium Help Board

Zombiiesque

I just came back from vacation and found out my Habi was reset to Level 1 ... I was level 50 and it wasn't locked out or anything :ohno: :whofarted:

Sent a ticket to TNT :worried:

What Zombiiesque said. :( It was really common for a while there. TNT said they couldn't (or wouldn't?) reset any Habis back to 50. So please, if you need a little help leveling back up, ask! :)

Oh, and joining in on the conversation of population makeup- I have 5 soldiers, 7 nesters, and the rest workers (population 46). I leave a couple soldiers in with my storages to keep them fixed up, and to defeat any pests that appear in the blocked off area. The other three patrol the rest of my Habi. I find that having 7 nesters makes keeping my egg population up quite easy (They go through spurts where they make practically no workers, so if I didn't have as many nesters as I do, I think I might have gotten into a little trouble a couple of times!). It's worked for me! :)

I do almost the same as Rebecca, except I keep 7 soldiers and 6 nesters. I used to have more nests going, but I got really sick of checking them so often, although eggs drop a good chunk of xp. I'd prefer to just leave my workers to work and keep a lower amount of nesters, but still have enough to keep my population going and my bag full of my backups.

Interesting points you guys. ^ Out of curiousity how many nesters do you guys use? I have a population of 28 now (level 25, so halfway there!) and was wondering how many I should have out. I've been keeping 5 as of right now, but I've heard most people tend to use less. Thoughts? Also, soldiers.. how many do you usually use? What amount seems to keep the Habi pretty safe from pests?

I actually have about 10 nesters. I have them nesting but they keep on making soldiers. Its rare that I actually get a worker. XD

What Zombiiesque said. :( It was really common for a while there. TNT said they couldn't (or wouldn't?) reset any Habis back to 50. So please, if you need a little help leveling back up, ask! :)

really ?? wow that sucks ... but i guess it's gonna be fun to re-build ...!! and thanks for the offers to help .. I shan't hesitate to ask if I needed anything :)

do I have to choose the same Habi i had before ??

Yes, it's pretty bad! Yes, just shoot me a neomail if you want, I've got leftover resources every day.

Now, I can't remember if I read that or not! I'd be curious to find out. It might be nice to have a different layout, I'm regretting the one I chose because all the foliage in the spots it's in makes it kind of hard to see gems. :)

really ?? wow that sucks ... but i guess it's gonna be fun to re-build ...!! and thanks for the offers to help .. I shan't hesitate to ask if I needed anything :)

do I have to choose the same Habi i had before ??

I'm not sure... I remember reading that with lock-outs, when they got them reset back at level 1, they had to choose the same layout. I'm not sure about this glitch- I would choose the same layout to be safe though. :(

I'm fairly sure that each worker harvests at a rate of 300/hour. With 40 workers, that's 12,000/hour. If you leave it alone for 8 hours (that's how long I notices it takes before they get tired), you would earn 96,000 resources. If you only harvest one resource (which I assume you won't but I'm only saying this to show you the max number of storages you'd need), then 22 storages would be enough to hold it.

I personally like 18 because I can fit that many in my habi without any of them going into the 11x11 gem spawn area.

Once I hit level 50, where is the 11X11 gem spawn area? I guess you just figure that out once you get there? Thanks for the feedback! Really appreciated.

Eh. I keep wanting to "like posts" but after liking about four times It says I've reached my quota. Do you get to like more once your post count goes up more? I try not to like senseless stuff but I like liking the helpful stuff. XD I think it's a bit too strictly controlled. Haha. I get that people shouldn't be liking posts just for the heck of it... but still.

Sorry, I know this is off topic.

Eh. I keep wanting to "like posts" but after liking about four times It says I've reached my quota. Do you get to like more once your post count goes up more? I try not to like senseless stuff but I like liking the helpful stuff. XD I think it's a bit too strictly controlled. Haha. I get that people shouldn't be liking posts just for the heck of it... but still.

Once I hit level 50, where is the 11X11 gem spawn area? I guess you just figure that out once you get there? Thanks for the feedback! Really appreciated.

Yea it goes up. I think that I can give like 10+ likes per day. Its not strict because it means the more you've been on the forums the more you can participate in activities like "liking more posts", I have also heard the Fantastic members get some sort of early notifications on certain things before it is released to the whole forums. Oh and the gems randomly appear in your hab.

Starting with the northernmost square, count out 11 squares in both directions. Once you hit 50, gems only spawn in that 11x11 square.

Oh and the gems randomly appear in your hab.

Actually, gems appear randomly, but only in the orginal 11x11 square of your Habitarium.

The 11x11 spawn area is counted from the top corner, down the ajacent sides.

Normal members get 5 likes a day, I believe. Super members get 10, Fantastic members and trial staff get 15, and staff get 20. I think it's important to keep it controlled, since it does affect your 'reputation'- it's better to not have people spam their likes, or something.

Ohh, I didn't know gems only spawned there. That explains why everyone has their buildings on the bottom sides. I regularly check my Habitarium, but I'll consider changing a bit to free up some space if there's a time when I go away for a very long time. Thanks for the information!

No problem! :) I don't know how much making sure that the 11x11 area is free matters. I find that virtually every time I refresh after having a full screen of gems, I end up with more (sometimes up to about half of the area full of) gems. So maybe they just kind of queue up?

Sometimes, when my Habitarium fills up with gems after I refreshed the page (when I think it's empty). It's a little weird. I guess that's just lag though.

Yeah, that has happened to me quite a bit too. I just make sure to refresh the page every so often.

Could someone please help me out by repairing my resource tiles? I could really use it. I'll always return the favor.

Oh and I'm a level 30, almost 31 now. I feel like this is taking forever. Of course as the levels go up it gets harder to gain the exp. I hope I'm not stuck on this for another week. I did levels 3-30 in one week, so who knows.

Could someone please help me out by repairing my resource tiles? I could really use it. I'll always return the favor.

Oh and I'm a level 30, almost 31 now. I feel like this is taking forever. Of course as the levels go up it gets harder to gain the exp. I hope I'm not stuck on this for another week. I did levels 3-30 in one week, so who knows.

I reapired them for you, but I hope someone got to you a little earlier!

I found that the early 30s took the longest, and things got easier again from there on up-- don't know why, but it did!

I have been so busy I haven't been on in two days - I bet my habi is a wreck! Sorry I haven't been able to help out. :(

Awww, that's a shame! Real life getting in the way sucks. D:

I just came back from vacation and found out my Habi was reset to Level 1 ... I was level 50 and it wasn't locked out or anything :ohno: :whofarted:

Sent a ticket to TNT :worried:

That's awful! But I've heard of others as well that it has happened to, and to my knowledge TNT never did anything about it so those people just had to work their way up to level 50 again. At least this time you know all the tips and tricks so it should be quicker.

Awww, that's a shame! Real life getting in the way sucks. D:

you are so right Rebecca, LOL. Glad to have you back Zombiiesque. ^^

Anyways, I know I have been posting and asking questions in this board A LOT.... but I could really use some help regarding my habitarium set-up and a few issues I've been having. I'm including a screenshot to better clarify. So I've been blocking in my P3's instead of just blocking off my storages. (It cuts down on lag much more effectively for my computer since they are not running around everywhere, but even having my soldiers running around is still wearing my computer down. I've noticed the lag has gotten a bit worse since I've been leveling up and adding more P3's. Not much to be done about that though, just ranting. :sad01_anim:

Anyways; My main problem is I have A LOT more storages now, as my P3's have been gathering resources like crazy since I've leveled up. I'm having to move everything around in my habi... CONSTANTLY. I think I'm making it out to be much more up-keep than it should be. I mean, I'm moving things around on a 8 hour basis... because when I block my p3's in I have to put something on top of them so pests don't get in there. Then I have to take that off, move them out to rest, move the thing that was on top, put them back on, put it back, etc... you get my point. LOL. Then, since my storages aren't really "effectivley placed" I have to move the ones in the back out of the way all the time when they get damaged for my soldiers to fix.

One more issue I have been having that I haven't seen anyone else mention, is having zombie pests. :whofarted: I have seen people complain of zombie items and the like but never zombie pests. :oink: <---- Awh, piggy is cute. :wub_anim: ADHD kicking in here, sorry.

So to clarify, the pests will pop up and there will always be one specific pest that spawns that doesn't go away. My soldiers will kill off all the other pests except that one, then once all the other pests are killed off; they will just sit there with those question marks above there heads while the pest continues to damage my nests, resources, etc. :thumbsdown:

So here is my screen shot, and if someone could please give any tips as to something I could rearrange in my habi to make it more effecient, it would be greatly appreciated. I am a level 35 now and I am leveling up much faster, so that is the only good news. You were right Rebecca! :yes:

2rgdk4w.png

Thank you fellow members for always being so HELPFUL and not getting upset with my many many questions. I know, I have a lot. You guys are the greatest forum I've ever been apart of, not just neopets wise either. I've seen so many wonderful members offer support and kindness when people explain there difficult life situations. There is such an awesome loving community here! <------ That was random, but just expressing my gratitude to all of you.

:thumbsup:

you are so right Rebecca, LOL. Glad to have you back Zombiiesque. ^^

Anyways, I know I have been posting and asking questions in this board A LOT.... but I could really use some help regarding my habitarium set-up and a few issues I've been having. I'm including a screenshot to better clarify. So I've been blocking in my P3's instead of just blocking off my storages. (It cuts down on lag much more effectively for my computer since they are not running around everywhere, but even having my soldiers running around is still wearing my computer down. I've noticed the lag has gotten a bit worse since I've been leveling up and adding more P3's. Not much to be done about that though, just ranting. :sad01_anim:

Anyways; My main problem is I have A LOT more storages now, as my P3's have been gathering resources like crazy since I've leveled up. I'm having to move everything around in my habi... CONSTANTLY. I think I'm making it out to be much more up-keep than it should be. I mean, I'm moving things around on a 8 hour basis... because when I block my p3's in I have to put something on top of them so pests don't get in there. Then I have to take that off, move them out to rest, move the thing that was on top, put them back on, put it back, etc... you get my point. LOL. Then, since my storages aren't really "effectivley placed" I have to move them the ones in the back out of the way all the time when they get damaged for my soldiers to fix.

One more issue I have been having that I haven't seen anyone else mention, is having zombie pests. :whofarted: I have seen people complain of zombie items and the like but never zombie pests. :oink: <---- Awh, piggy is cute. :wub_anim: ADHD kicking in here, sorry.

So to clarify, the pests will pop up and there will always be one specific pest that spawns that doesn't go away. My soldiers will kill off all the other pests except that one, then once all the other pests are killed off; they will just sit there with those question marks above there heads while the pest continues to damage my nests, resources, etc. :thumbsdown:

So here is my screen shot, and if someone could please give any tips as to something I could rearrange in my habi to make it more effecient, it would be greatly appreciated. I am a level 35 now and I am leveling up much faster, so that is the only good news. You were right Rebecca! :yes:

2rgdk4w.png

Thank you fellow members for always being so HELPFUL and not getting upset with my many many questions. I know, I have a lot. You guys are the greatest forum I've ever been apart of, not just neopets wise either. I've seen so many wonderful members offer support and kindness when people explain there difficult life situations. There is such an awesome loving community here! <------ That was random, but just expressing my gratitude to all of you.

:thumbsup:

Awww, you're such a sweetie! :D

Yeah, the zombie pests are a weird one. It has something to go with your soldiers not really getting that they can walk over to them-- they think they're blocked off somehow. I don't get it, but it does happen. You can refresh the page and they'll do away. :)

Well, with blocking, I never bothered with putting a decoration on top- I found it way too much of a hassle, like you've been saying it's been!- and pests virtually never spawned in where they were, so it didn't seem worth it.

I will take a screen shot of how I used to block mine in, to give you another idea of how to do it. :D

EDIT: Found an old screencap! LOL.

2l97bjq.jpg

I found that having the tree and the mud connected was really useful. The P3s still wouldn't move, because they were stuck on their resource, but if one of those two filled up while I was away, they could start on the other. (Plus, by having only the 2 decorations, less gem spots were taken up! Each 1x1 (fences, glowy things, etc) decoration stops 1 gem from spawning there, 2x1 (the long twigs, etc) stops 1, 2x2 decorations (clam shells...) stop 1.... so by using 2x1 or 2x2 decorations is more 'gem-effecient", haha. I used the other stone, because it too was better for gem-spawnage. That last row that the fences and nests are in are out of the 11x11 square that gems appear in, so using the decorations there didn't stop any gems from spawning! Likewise with having my houses on the far side- no gems there either, while the side that your houses are on would be blocking gems.

I now have two rows of storages at the top, like you do, but I just kind of deal with the ones that my soldiers can't reach. Either I don't bother fixing them (resources can still go into storages that are 'broken', and you only get a little XP from repairing them anyway), or if I'm reaaaaaaaally bored, I pull out the ones they can't get to. I also end up buying new ones to replace the filled ones every 5-7 days anyway, so it just doesn't seem worth it! Having my storages there isn't the best, gem-wise, but I found it annoying having things get hidden behind them when I had them along the same side as the houses and barracks.

I hope this helps a little bit!

Awww, you're such a sweetie! :D

Yeah, the zombie pests are a weird one. It has something to do with your soldiers not really getting that they can walk over to them-- they think they're blocked off somehow. I don't get it, but it does happen. You can refresh the page and they'll do away. :)

Well, with blocking, I never bothered with putting a decoration on top- I found it way too much of a hassle, like you've been saying it's been!- and pests virtually never spawned in where they were, so it didn't seem worth it.

I will take a screen shot of how I used to block mine in, to give you another idea of how to do it. :D

Thanks so much Rebbeca! That would be really appreciated. :)

Oh, and the only reason I bother putting something on top is because when I didn't I had pests get in there about 3 times. When that happens I usually freak out and start moving my workers out because I don't want them to get killed off. :( I don't know if they would actually get killed off or not really, as I've only ever had one P3 die prematurely and that was when I was a beginner. Do the pests ever go away on there own or do they have to be killed by a solider? Maybe I should just refresh if they happen to land in that spot? But then again, I leave my habi running at night sometimes so Idk, I'm afraid I wil wake up and half my workers will be gone. o_O

Thanks so much Rebbeca! That would be really appreciated. :)

Oh, and the only reason I bother putting something on top is because when I didn't I had pests get in there about 3 times. When that happens I usually freak out and start moving my workers out because I don't want them to get killed off. :( I don't know if they would actually get killed off or not really, as I've only ever had one P3 die prematurely and that was when I was a beginner. Do the pests ever go away on there own or do they have to be killed by a solider? Maybe I should just refresh if they happen to land in that spot? But then again, I leave my habi running at night sometimes so Idk, I'm afraid I wil wake up and half my workers will be gone. o_O

Got one there now. :)

Workers can kill pests too, but they only do if the pest is attacking the resource they're harvesting. So if a pest lands on the spot your worker is working at, it will be attacking the resource they're harvesting. All of your workers that are there will start attacking them, and will destroy them. Bwahahaha. LOL.

I had a handful of pests spawn in with my blocked in workers, and I never had one die. Once, one of them got a bit hurt (I think its health was down to about half?), but once I put it to rest in a house when I was putting them all to bed, it was fine. Workers know how to take care of themselves. ;)

I've been leaving my Habi on while I sleep, and while I'm at work since I started it (back in March/April), and I haven't had a P3 die prematurely yet. So I think you're probably fine. :)

Also, pests do disappear on their own, if your P3s don't kill them off. You mentioned how the zombie pest will just fade away after a while, yeah? All of them do the same if not killed in a certain amount of time. :) I've seen them show up in blocked off areas that didn't have any P3s in them, and they just went away after a while. :)

Rebecca, I cannot thank you enough for those posts! You seriously explained that perfectly! And now that I know EXACTLY what to do to maximize my neopoints from habi, sense you happened to pick the same plot of land that I did, how lucky. :thumbsup:

You answered every question I had to a perfect T. Thank you, thank you, thank you! My habi is not yet as big as yours, because of my current level... but I don't doubt that I will be a level 50 by this time next week after your tips! :P I hope you don't mind me stealing this exact set-up. Haha. I do, have just a few more questions for you. I promise this is my LAST set of questions. HAHA.

Okay, so it seems like the top row where the storages are get bigger once you level up, that's a relief. Also, you said now that you have two rows of storages, like me.. that you don't worry about them getting damaged. The only reason I always had my soldiers repair them is because I figured if they were damaged they couldn't hold as many resources or they weren't as effecient? This was just an assumption on my part, really. Just as I always repair the houses/nest because I also thought if you didn't it would make them less effecient? Is this not the case? :eh:

For my last question, you said you have two sets of storages.... but instead of taking up gem space with those... would it be possible to just keep going on shopping sprees, buying random habi items, then discarding them? Lately I've been buying a whole bunch of nests, building them and upgrading them, and then discarding them... just for the extra XP. Would it be possible to continue doing this, that way you could have only one row of storages and not have to take up that extra gem space? Or would it be better to discard storages that fill up and then just build new ones? Then again, I did read in an article that when TNT decides to release new levels it might be a good idea to have storages that are filled up in your item bag, that way you could level up quicker. So perhaps save some of them, discard the rest, and continue to build new ones? I'm unsure of how well this would work though. Do you have any thoughts?

Ugh, I'm so sorry. I know I'm rambling a lot. :S I'll stop with the confusing questions now.

But seriously, thank you so very much for these tips. I've read just about every article about habi that I could get my hands on... but I never knew anything about the 11X11 gem spawn area and exactly where to put things, and also your tip about using the other stone. I had no idea about these things and couldn't have found this information elsewhere. Oh, and thank you for the reassurance. It's good to know that my worker bugs will gang up on the pests and destroy them. :axehead: <---- HAHA, this site has some funny smilies. ^^

Anywho, I should have realized they weren't as weak as I assumed they might be. Right now I have 5 soldiers, but since they are contributing to my lag and now that I know they aren't the only ones who can kill off pests (just the most effective); I can now probably safely go down to only 3 soldiers, as other posters have mentioned.

Now I realize why you are a fantastic member, you have gave me so much helpful advice about neopets that I never would have figured out on my own. :D Thanks so much for all your help!!!! <3

Rebecca, I cannot thank you enough for those posts! You seriously explained that perfectly! And now that I know EXACTLY what to do to maximize my neopoints from habi, sense you happened to pick the same plot of land that I did, how lucky. :thumbsup:

You answered every question I had to a perfect T. Thank you, thank you, thank you! My habi is not yet as big as yours, because of my current level... but I don't doubt that I will be a level 50 by this time next week after your tips! I hope you don't mind me stealing this exact set-up. Haha. I do, have just a few more questions for you. I promise this is my LAST set of questions. HAHA.

Okay, so it seems like the top row where the storages are get bigger once you level up, that's a relief. Also, you said now that you have two rows of storages, like me.. that you don't worry about them getting damaged. The only reason I always had my soldiers repair them is because I figured if they were damaged they couldn't hold as many resources or they weren't as effecient? This was just an assumption on my part, really. Just as I always repair the houses/nest because I also thought if you didn't it would make them less effecient? Is this not the case?

For my last question, you said you have two sets of storages.... but instead of taking up gem space with those... would it be possible to just keep going on shopping sprees, buying random habi items, then discarding them? Lately I've been buying a whole bunch of nests, building them and upgrading them, and then discarding them... just for the extra XP. Would it be possible to continue doing this, that way you could have only one row of storages and not have to take up that extra gem space? Or would it be better to discard storages that fill up and then just build new ones? Then again, I did read in an article that when TNT decides to release new levels it might be a good idea to have storages that are filled up in your item bag, that way you could level up quicker. So perhaps save some of them, discard the rest, and continue to build new ones? I'm unsure of how well this would work though. Do you have any thoughts?

Ugh, I'm so sorry. I know I'm rambling a lot. :S I'll stop with the confusing questions now.

But seriously, thank you so very much for these tips. I've read just about every article about habi that I could get my hands on... but I never knew anything about the 11X11 gem spawn area and exactly where to put things, and also your tip about using the other stone. I had no idea about these things and couldn't have found this information elsewhere. Oh, and thank you for the reassurance. It's good to know that my worker bugs will gang up on the pests and destroy them. :axehead: <---- HAHA, this site has some funny smilies. ^^

Anywho, I should have realized they weren't as weak as I assumed they might be. Right now I have 5 soldiers, but since they are contributing to my lag and now that I know they aren't the only ones who can kill off pests (just the most effective); I can now probably safely go down to only 3 soldiers, as other posters have mentioned.

Now I realize why you are a fantastic member, you have gave me so much helpful advice about neopets that I never would have figured out on my own. :D Thanks so much for all your help!!!! <3

Aww, you're totally welcome! :D Steal away- I got the idea from another user, so we're all theives, ahaha.

Yeah, storages (and nests, and houses, etc) all work just fine if they're damaged. I've never had one of them not be able to hold its maximum amount of resources, so fixing them definitely isn't mandatory- it just makes everything look nicer, haha.

You can definitely go on shopping sprees and hold less resources! With my current number of storages I can hold 99,000 of each resource, which I find works well for me- I don't always have time to shop before going to work or whatnot. But lots of people have less storages than I do, and that works for them! I recommend just trying out various numbers of storages for a while, and see what works best for you- if you always have time each morning or afternoon or whatnot to clear out your storages, then less will definitely be fine. I usually have time, but days will go by when I only have a few minutes here and there to spend on Neopets, and so having the extra room is nice, because I can just rest them, and then put them back to work, and not worry about my storages filling up. :)

LOL, I love the smilies on here. :D So cute.

Yeah, workers are far more capable than we think. Bwhaha.

Awww! You are so cute. :D You're so welcome, sweetie!