The Habitarium Help Board

Zombiiesque

Aww! <3 You both are so cute. I've finally got back to work on my Habi today! Xandria (is that right? I think I remember that was your name!), I did send you a gift this morning, but let me know what you'd like tomorrow, if anything.

Rebecca is a wealth of information! She's helped me out a lot with Habi plotting as well, and even though I do mine a little differently, I learned a lot of things from her. :D You know I was reading that was a strategy to increase your Habi money making, having soldiers buidling nests all day, upgrading them, and then dumping them to buy more. Apparently nests are the way to go because they're the most cost-effective? Myself, I just put my workers to work and I buy 4 storages a day, plus if I have any gifts I need to buy, I'll do that. Once my gifts and storages are bought, and my workers have filled my current storages, I dump 4 storages, have my soldiers build 4 more, and then go through upgrading them. It might take me all day to get the resources back up to level again after all the upgrades, but then I shut down my computer at night. I then start my process all over in the morning!

I got a brand spankin' new computer this week. It's got quite a bit of power, so it's a whole new playing field for me - I have no lag whatsoever with Habi even with not having my workers blocked in. Everything moves lightening fast! And even better news, now I can still play games while I'm running Habi. So I'm finally able to take advantage of Scores Galore, although there isn't a whole lot of time left. :D

Aww! You both are so cute. I've finally got back to work on my Habi today! Xandria (is that right? I think I remember that was your name!), I did send you a gift this morning, but let me know what you'd like tomorrow, if anything.

Rebecca is a wealth of information! She's helped me out a lot with Habi plotting as well, and even though I do mine a little differently, I learned a lot of things from her. You know I was reading that was a strategy to increase your Habi money making, having soldiers buidling nests all day, upgrading them, and then dumping them to buy more. Apparently nests are the way to go because they're the most cost-effective? Myself, I just put my workers to work and I buy 4 storages a day, plus if I have any gifts I need to buy, I'll do that. Once my gifts and storages are bought, and my workers have filled my current storages, I dump 4 storages, have my soldiers build 4 more, and then go through upgrading them. It might take me all day to get the resources back up to level again after all the upgrades, but then I shut down my computer at night. I then start my process all over in the morning!

I got a brand spankin' new computer this week. It's got quite a bit of power, so it's a whole new playing field for me - I have no lag whatsoever with Habi even with not having my workers blocked in. Everything moves lightening fast! And even better news, now I can still play games while I'm running Habi. So I'm finally able to take advantage of Scores Galore, although there isn't a whole lot of time left.

Awww <3 You're so cute as well! Thanks for all the compliments. <3

:O I am so jealous of your new computer. Mine lags so terribly (and overheats easily, urgh. I have Catcher and the Rye propping it up now so more air circulates underneith). -makes grabby hands- Hahaha. :D

Do you mind if I ask what computer you bought? Judging from the dinosaur I'm using, I may have to buy myself a new one in the nearish future, haha.

Aww! <3 You both are so cute. I've finally got back to work on my Habi today! Xandria (is that right? I think I remember that was your name!), I did send you a gift this morning, but let me know what you'd like tomorrow, if anything.

Rebecca is a wealth of information! She's helped me out a lot with Habi plotting as well, and even though I do mine a little differently, I learned a lot of things from her. :D You know I was reading that was a strategy to increase your Habi money making, having soldiers buidling nests all day, upgrading them, and then dumping them to buy more. Apparently nests are the way to go because they're the most cost-effective? Myself, I just put my workers to work and I buy 4 storages a day, plus if I have any gifts I need to buy, I'll do that. Once my gifts and storages are bought, and my workers have filled my current storages, I dump 4 storages, have my soldiers build 4 more, and then go through upgrading them. It might take me all day to get the resources back up to level again after all the upgrades, but then I shut down my computer at night. I then start my process all over in the morning!

I got a brand spankin' new computer this week. It's got quite a bit of power, so it's a whole new playing field for me - I have no lag whatsoever with Habi even with not having my workers blocked in. Everything moves lightening fast! And even better news, now I can still play games while I'm running Habi. So I'm finally able to take advantage of Scores Galore, although there isn't a whole lot of time left. :D

That's awesome news! I'm going to have to go with Rebecca here; I am so jealous! My computer is also ancient. -_- I wish Macbooks weren't so expensive. I can't wait to get my hands on one of those!

I got a brand spankin' new computer this week. It's got quite a bit of power, so it's a whole new playing field for me - I have no lag whatsoever with Habi even with not having my workers blocked in. Everything moves lightening fast! And even better news, now I can still play games while I'm running Habi.

*jealous**jealous**jealous*

Hubby just got a new computer too and I tested Habi on it and it ran so smoothly. I know I'll be getting one too but I can't help but be jealous of both him and you. T_T

Well, at least mine will be better because mine's going to be a custom desktop and his is a laptop. =)

Congratulations! Now you can earn NP twice as fast by flash games. May I ask what model you got? Anywho have fun with your new computer.

You guys are so awesome! Okay, let's see if I can get y'all my specs. I'm in love with my new baby, I am.

Alright, it's a Gateway DX4870 - UB20P, running Windows 7. It's got an Intel Core i3, with 6 gigs of memory and a terabyte of storage. It does have HDMI, too! :D It's not the very best I could have gotten, but it was pretty good for the price - I nabbed it at Best Buy and it was on sale this week. It helps that I already had a decent screen, so I didn't need to shop for that. I like that it had wireless built right in, too!

We discussed it a lot because originally we were just going to upgrade my old computer, and it actually was cheaper to go out and buy a new one - I found lower prices that would have done the job, but for a little bit more I got a lot more bells and whistles. Wow, though - they've got some real beauties out now! Do you guys know if they're selling computers with Win 8 yet? None of the ones I saw had it, but I'd been hearing about it, so I was curious. I'm kind of glad I don't have to go through working out the kinks of a new OS though.

Hubby also got a new laptop - his is an Asus. I don't know the specs on it but it's also super fast and has a good bit of memory/storage!

That's awesome news! I'm going to have to go with Rebecca here; I am so jealous! My computer is also ancient. -_- I wish Macbooks weren't so expensive. I can't wait to get my hands on one of those!

I was in the same boat as both of you, I feel for you! Oh, they're really high. That's why I tend to stick with Windows OS, the prices are significantly lower and although I was long overdue for an upgrade, at least, they run for years without troubles otherwise.

Awww <3 You're so cute as well! Thanks for all the compliments.

:O I am so jealous of your new computer. Mine lags so terribly (and overheats easily, urgh. I have Catcher and the Rye propping it up now so more air circulates underneith). -makes grabby hands- Hahaha. :D

Do you mind if I ask what computer you bought? Judging from the dinosaur I'm using, I may have to buy myself a new one in the nearish future, haha.

Oh, you poor thing, having to sacrifice your Catcher in the Rye! :( I had a Gateway two computers ago that ended up dying the blue screen of death after many overheats. *sigh* But she was a good girl and she lasted me about 4 years, so I couldn't complain a lot. <3 You're very welcome, of course!

*jealous**jealous**jealous*

Hubby just got a new computer too and I tested Habi on it and it ran so smoothly. I know I'll be getting one too but I can't help but be jealous of both him and you. T_T

Well, at least mine will be better because mine's going to be a custom desktop and his is a laptop. =)

Custom desktop! o_O That sounds utterly amazing! I'm gonna be jealous when you get yours, too. Can't wait to hear about it! :D

Congratulations! Now you can earn NP twice as fast by flash games. May I ask what model you got? Anywho have fun with your new computer.

Thank you! Yes, I started up Habi first thing when I got up and let it run through while I did my dailies, and now I'm working my way through games - I hope to play quite a lot and take advantage of what's left of the 5 score sends!

Custom desktop! o_O That sounds utterly amazing! I'm gonna be jealous when you get yours, too. Can't wait to hear about it! :D

It's probably really useful to have a spouse like mine whose childhood hobby was building computers. :laughingsmiley:

He's also going to teach me how to do it myself too. :)

Pretty useful, I'd say!! That would be really neat to learn. Hubby actually built the computer I just gave up, but it was outdated and needed quite a bit of upgrading to make it more powerful - it was actually cheaper just to buy the new one. We are keeping it though - if we get the upgrades for it, hubby can use it as his desktop!

That's pretty awesome that you got a new computer and you now play Habitarium while doing other things! My computer was built by an acquaintance of my parents. It's been a while now, but it works pretty well.

I haven't heard of computers selling Windows 8, but I guess it might be that you can upgrade it for free if you buy the computer now? You could always upgrade it for cheap I think, since you recently got yours. I've read that people prefer Windows 7 though because of the UI.

I decided to move all my Habitarium around yesterday to block the P3 and leave the 11x11 area free for delicious purple gems. I have 0 decoration now, and it looks pretty deserted (using nests, houses and storages for blocking). I'm not sure if it set up as efficient as it should, but I think it'll do for now.

I was messing around with moving my stuff yesterday too, and I wasn't really very happy with it so back it went. I'm unhappy with the layout I chose this time around - I wish we could change those! :( It's inefficient in the long run, and all that foliage blocks my view. I don't have a lot of space over on the bottom left, it's blocked by my second puddle. Oh well, live and learn! I'm sure I'll eventually get it moved around better.

I was messing around with moving my stuff yesterday too, and I wasn't really very happy with it so back it went. I'm unhappy with the layout I chose this time around - I wish we could change those! :( It's inefficient in the long run, and all that foliage blocks my view. I don't have a lot of space over on the bottom left, it's blocked by my second puddle. Oh well, live and learn! I'm sure I'll eventually get it moved around better.

I kind of wish it would show you what the layout you pick will look like later on.

Well, I'm happy with the one I have but I didn't even know that habi's got bigger when I started!

I picked out I think the third one? The one with a lot of resources. The setup makes it so that your trees on the left obscure the flowers, which is not really a big deal, but all that foliage covers up any gems dropped, which irritates me! Heh. Oh well, not much I can do about it now! If I had gotten Rebecca's setup instead, for instance, that would have been a lot nicer for me.

I'm really glad I went with my layout (Blossom Meadow? I can't remember what it's called, lol). I remember reading a guide back when I first started just after I picked the layout saying that Puddle Lake was by far the best, and you should choose that one definitely. I was sooooo bummed, thinking that my layout choice would screw me over for the rest of the time I was playing Habi- thank god that wasn't the case! Having the lake at the top has kept me from getting phantom things in the topmost square, and things are pretty well laid out (though the giant lake is annoying, as is the tonne of grass on the left hand side). I do wish that it would be possible to switch layouts though! It would be nice to try out different ones.

Ooooh, fancy computer! :D I am soooooo jealous of your 6gigs of memory- I just have 2! D: No wonder everything is running so fast for you!

(Oh, btw, according to Wiki, Windows 8 is slated for general release at the end of October.)

Yeah, the cheap cost of PCs running Windows is reaaaaaally nice. I think I'm going to try to save up for a Mac though- I'd be happy with an iMac, which is much cheaper than a MacBook, though it may look a little funny on our dining room table, lol. x3

Your layout is actually perfect in my opinion - I wish I had chosen that! The grass is better than that cluster of trees I have in the upper left of mine. :whaa: I can't see anything through those! I'm going to mess about with my setup again today, see what I can get accomplished. That was really a silly move, choosing the layout with a huge hunk of space in the lower left corner taken up by water.

You are a wealth of information! I'm really kind of glad I didn't go through the troubles of a new operating system, I'll let them work out any kinks before I upgrade to 8. Hehehe, that's where my setup currently is - on my dining room table! It works though, because we don't really use it for anything but a dump spot, so it's not like I'm taking up eating space. Yes, she's a beauty and I already adore her, she's making online life easy on me! :wub_anim: I think though that even if I had the money, I'd stick to a PC, honestly. Macs are fancy and pretty cool, but I just prefer the PC.

By curiousity, has anyone asked the mods if they could make this a sticky? I really think it should be. ^^

Your layout is actually perfect in my opinion - I wish I had chosen that! The grass is better than that cluster of trees I have in the upper left of mine. :whaa: I can't see anything through those! I'm going to mess about with my setup again today, see what I can get accomplished. That was really a silly move, choosing the layout with a huge hunk of space in the lower left corner taken up by water.

You are a wealth of information! I'm really kind of glad I didn't go through the troubles of a new operating system, I'll let them work out any kinks before I upgrade to 8. Hehehe, that's where my setup currently is - on my dining room table! It works though, because we don't really use it for anything but a dump spot, so it's not like I'm taking up eating space. Yes, she's a beauty and I already adore her, she's making online life easy on me! :wub_anim: I think though that even if I had the money, I'd stick to a PC, honestly. Macs are fancy and pretty cool, but I just prefer the PC.

Ugh, yeah, I see what you mean. (Just in case anyone is interested in what the different layouts look like, here: http://www.neopets.com/~gupppppppy#ones) I think that cluster of trees would annoy me so much!

Yeah, I think that's a good decision! 8 looks pretty awesome (apparently the appearance is kind of based off of Linux?), but every opperating system has issues when it's first released- why shoudl you be the one to find them all? lol

Heh, ours isn't even a dump- it's placed kind of in the back third of the living room area (our place is tiny- it's kitchen, living room area, with two bedrooms and a bathroom off of that, haha), but it's behind the couch, so it's not in a convenient spot for dumping- I have my computer on it, and nothing else, ahah. I keep all my important documents under the table as well, so they're close at hand. x3 I just worry a bit about getting a desktop computer and keeping it on here- I mean, I haven't had to move my computer since we moved in here in March, but that doesn't mean that we will NEVER use the table, haha. At least with my laptop I can move it easily enough!

I always assumed I'd be sticking with a PC, but my girlfriend has an iMac, and every time I've used it, I've just loved it. Things are so easy to find (and this is despite the fact that it is a computer system I'm unfamiliar with, and her organising system is different than mine), and everything is so streamlined and pretty *_* (-is shallow-) hahaha. Plus the fact that my current computer has Vista on it (ugh), I've been turned off of Windows a bit. But, of course, it all depends on what I can afford when Maurice finally dies.

Oooh, Maurice! Hahaha I love that. I'm pretty familiar actually with Linux, because before hubs installed 7 on the old computer, he built it and used Linux and it's a very nice OS. I'm quite sure I'll eventually upgrade. And yeah, I totally get that about it being pretty! Apple has some pretty, pretty products. But I can understand your frustration - Vista's definitely something that would need to be upgraded for you!

I wish I had seen that site and been thinking about the long term when I was setting up - and this is the second time I've picked a Habi out, since I started a new main and all. I should have made a better decision because of that! o_O Oh well. I didn't play with the placement of my stuff last night, maybe today I'll try again. So, on my original main, I had Seedling Grove, and now I have Puddle Lake. If anyone has Puddle Lake as a layout and has managed a pretty good setup of your buildings, I'd love to see a screenshot!

Rebecca, I'm going to add that link to the first post! :D

Oooh, Maurice! Hahaha I love that. I'm pretty familiar actually with Linux, because before hubs installed 7 on the old computer, he built it and used Linux and it's a very nice OS. I'm quite sure I'll eventually upgrade. And yeah, I totally get that about it being pretty! Apple has some pretty, pretty products. But I can understand your frustration - Vista's definitely something that would need to be upgraded for you!

I wish I had seen that site and been thinking about the long term when I was setting up - and this is the second time I've picked a Habi out, since I started a new main and all. I should have made a better decision because of that! o_O Oh well. I didn't play with the placement of my stuff last night, maybe today I'll try again. So, on my original main, I had Seedling Grove, and now I have Puddle Lake. If anyone has Puddle Lake as a layout and has managed a pretty good setup of your buildings, I'd love to see a screenshot!

Rebecca, I'm going to add that link to the first post! :D

Hahah, I love the name Maurice. :D So cute. Oooh, that should make 8 really easy for you. :D I've seen a couple of screen caps, and it looks fab. :)

Sooooooo pretty. :D I look at their website periodically and just drool. <3

Yeah! Everyone should see what it'll end up looking like at the end!

I hope you can find a good layout for your Habi!

I also got the third layout because of a guide. I didn't think too much about it though.

I'd like to see anyone's Habitarium setup! This is the one I have at the moment:

ixa9og.jpg

(I had time to kill, so I decided to make a grid to see where the gems will spawn.)

I didn't really think about it though, so that's why it's all messy, haha. It's a bit hard to see around the storage area, so if one of my soldiers roam there, it's a bit hard to pick them up. I probably don't need that many storages, but I like not having to move them back in my inventory (I find it a bit annoying). I counted about 90ish tiles free for purple gems. I have 3 soldiers, and 3 nesters, and the rest are workers.

I've been wondering: do pests attack diagonally?

I also got the third layout because of a guide. I didn't think too much about it though.

I'd like to see anyone's Habitarium setup! This is the one I have at the moment:

ixa9og.jpg

(I had time to kill, so I decided to make a grid to see where the gems will spawn.)

I didn't really think about it though, so that's why it's all messy, haha. It's a bit hard to see around the storage area, so if one of my soldiers roam there, it's a bit hard to pick them up. I probably don't need that many storages, but I like not having to move them back in my inventory (I find it a bit annoying). I counted about 90ish tiles free for purple gems. I have 3 soldiers, and 3 nesters, and the rest are workers.

I've been wondering: do pests attack diagonally?

I'm not too sure about diagonally, but I do know they can attack from behind. I had a zombie pest show up once and wasn't paying attention but it was facing the opposite direction and still managed to attack my nesters egg so the bar went down to zero again. >.<

I have never noticed pests attacking diagonally, so I'm gonna say no, lol.

Anyone else having trouble getting Habi to load? It just spins and spins on the loading page. :( I can't be locked out, I've been collecting gems regularly so there weren't any sitting.

Edit: Just looked at the locked out guide. It looks like I could be locked out due to some glitch, I'm gonna try some of these steps. Fingers crossed! :( Hubby says his is doing the same thing! o_O