The Habitarium Help Board

Zombiiesque

Thanks Rebecca! How is habi coming along for you?

Not too badly! Just about at level 29- not bad for a couple days, lol. :P I'm soooo ready to get some gems again though!

Is there ever a time any of us isn't ready for gems?

... Probably not. XD

I just miss them so much. ;_; I hate withdrawing NP, and I've had to do it a couple times a day since the lockout to pay for training. D:

... Probably not. XD

I just miss them so much. ;_; I hate withdrawing NP, and I've had to do it a couple times a day since the lockout to pay for training. D:

*hugs* Don't worry. You're making good time so far. I think it took me a little over a week to hit 50.

*hugs* Don't worry. You're making good time so far. I think it took me a little over a week to hit 50.

Ooh, that's good to hear! It took me about 3 weeks the first time around, but I didn't know what I was doing, and I didn't have a bag full of eggs. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be rolling in the gems. ^_^

Alright, I'll take a look at that. Thanks a bunch for your help! ^_^

You're very welcome! :) Hopefully you got it worked out okay.

Ooh, that's good to hear! It took me about 3 weeks the first time around, but I didn't know what I was doing, and I didn't have a bag full of eggs. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be rolling in the gems. ^_^

Yay, you're moving right along! I'm sure that bag of goodies was a definite boost for you.

Congrats Rebecca! I'm predicting you will hit level 50 in about 3-4 days time at the very max. I know it seems like FOREVER now but I'm sure you will be back to collecting gems before you know it. When you restart habi are you able to change your layout? I'm just curious. I remember you saying you wished you would have picked a different one, so did you?

On another note. Who wants to be my daily resource fixer buddy? :P In other words... I will fix your resources once a day, you fix mine once a day kinda thing. It would be very helpful for me because now that I'm a level 50 I get swarmed by groups of 7-8 pests! Eek.

Does anyone know when they destroy your resource tiles if it makes them harvest it slower? I think I read that somewhere, but I'm not entirely sure. It wouldn't really make since though, because if your buildings are damaged then nothing changes.

If it doesn't affect my XP at all, then I'm really not to worried about it.

What browser are you using? If you are using google chrome then go to the 'add ons' section and type in 'flash quality'. It will bring up a plugin that lets you downgrade your flash per website. Made a noticeable difference on mine. If you are using firefox you can use the 'monkeywrench extension'.

I'm using Firefox. I'll give that a shot since I didn't get around to fixing it last night. Thanks!

You're very welcome! :) Hopefully you got it worked out okay.

Yay, you're moving right along! I'm sure that bag of goodies was a definite boost for you.

It really was! :D I was able to discard 6 pages of eggs right off the bat- it was lovely! That was how I got to level 14 the first day, haha.

Congrats Rebecca! I'm predicting you will hit level 50 in about 3-4 days time at the very max. I know it seems like FOREVER now but I'm sure you will be back to collecting gems before you know it. When you restart habi are you able to change your layout? I'm just curious. I remember you saying you wished you would have picked a different one, so did you?

On another note. Who wants to be my daily resource fixer buddy? :P In other words... I will fix your resources once a day, you fix mine once a day kinda thing. It would be very helpful for me because now that I'm a level 50 I get swarmed by groups of 7-8 pests! Eek.

Does anyone know when they destroy your resource tiles if it makes them harvest it slower? I think I read that somewhere, but I'm not entirely sure. It wouldn't really make since though, because if your buildings are damaged then nothing changes.

If it doesn't affect my XP at all, then I'm really not to worried about it.

Awww, thanks!

Nope, when you get locked out you have to choose the same layout.

(In case you're interested, lol- you fix lockouts by "merging" your habi with a habi that was just started on another account. You have both open at the same time, and then try to merge them- placing buildings on the same places if you can, etc. You kind of want to trick the game a little. So if you choose a different layout, you'll have issues with seeing a resource on your screen, but not being able to harvest it because on the other map, it's not there. Does that make sense?)

But that's okay for me, because I like my layout. It was Zombii that wanted to change layouts. :3\

I will definitely be your resource fixer! :) When your resource tiles are destroyed (mud turned green, trees with blackened leaves, etc) you can't harvest from them at all. The stone changes appearance as you harvest from it (from a smooth oval shape to a jagged shape, etc) but unless it is a small square stone with a crack in it, or just a couple pebbles on the ground (what it looks like when it's actually destroyed), you can harvest from it with no impact on your XP. :)

Just wanted to post and say that I downgraded my flash and now Habi is running perfectly smooth again. Thanks for all the help I received. ^_^

Glad to hear it! :D New flash updates suck. >.>

I have a question about upgrading P3s. Does it do it automatically or do I have to do something? I see when I click on one of my P3s where it says level 1, 2, and 3 and there is a green line which is progressing towards level 3. Some of them are past the level 2 and some are before it. When I click on some of the P3s it will let me upgrade but on others it will say I have to wait to level 31 (I'm currently on 25). I never actually paid resources to upgrade any before today so I don't see how some of them could have already reached level 2 without me doing anything.

I have a question about upgrading P3s. Does it do it automatically or do I have to do something? I see when I click on one of my P3s where it says level 1, 2, and 3 and there is a green line which is progressing towards level 3. Some of them are past the level 2 and some are before it. When I click on some of the P3s it will let me upgrade but on others it will say I have to wait to level 31 (I'm currently on 25). I never actually paid resources to upgrade any before today so I don't see how some of them could have already reached level 2 without me doing anything.

Each 'type' (worker/soldier/nester) has to be upgraded seperately. So just find one of each, and try to upgrade them- all the others of that type (across species) will be upgraded at the same time.

You may have accidentally pressed on upgrade for one of the types and not realised it.

Oh I see! I thought I had to upgrade each P3 individually. You're right, I must have accidentally upgraded some without realizing it. It all makes sense now!

I'm glad to hear it. :D

Yeah, upgrading P3s is one of the level perks that don't get mentioned when you get a new level- I was just pressing buttons when I first realised I could upgrade them, haha.

Sooo I have a question.

Did TNT change how often the purple gems appear?

I finally got to level 50, and I rarely ever get gems, absolutely none if I'm not visiting my Habi or leave it alone for a day or two.

Well, if you have mostly worker P3s, you should be getting one gem roughly every five minutes.

If you have mostly nesters, you're going to have to discard eggs every 50 minutes to see any gems.

Also, you can't really leave it alone for two days, let alone a full 24 hours. P3s get tired and go to sleep after about eight hours without rest. If you see a picture of a Z or a fork above there heads, give them some food or stick them in a house for a few minutes.

Well, if you have mostly worker P3s, you should be getting one gem roughly every five minutes.

If you have mostly nesters, you're going to have to discard eggs every 50 minutes to see any gems.

Also, you can't really leave it alone for two days, let alone a full 24 hours. P3s get tired and go to sleep after about eight hours without rest. If you see a picture of a Z or a fork above there heads, give them some food or stick them in a house for a few minutes.

I don't really have time every day to check on it for more than an hour here and there, and I can't leave my laptop running constantly either or it'll overheat, so I don't really have the option but to let it be for a day or two without me. Haven't ever had a problem doing that since I'm not hardcore into Habi. When I notice my P3's are tired I just chuck them into the houses until they're better.

Was just curious as to why it seemed I wasn't really getting a lot of gems ever. Guess I need more workers.

I don't really have time every day to check on it for more than an hour here and there, and I can't leave my laptop running constantly either or it'll overheat, so I don't really have the option but to let it be for a day or two without me. Haven't ever had a problem doing that since I'm not hardcore into Habi. When I notice my P3's are tired I just chuck them into the houses until they're better.

Was just curious as to why it seemed I wasn't really getting a lot of gems ever. Guess I need more workers.

If you're laptop overheats, I can suggest two options.

1. You can buy a laptop cooling pad/fan.

2. You can switch to using nesters and just collect the eggs once an hour. Discard them later on when you have the time for gems/NP.

Sooo I have a question.

Did TNT change how often the purple gems appear?

I finally got to level 50, and I rarely ever get gems, absolutely none if I'm not visiting my Habi or leave it alone for a day or two.

Andaraen's right, but I have another question- you leave it alone for a day or two- I'm guessing you don't leave a Habi tab open? When Habi is not actively running (open in a tab or window) the workers keep going for another 500XP or something, and then stop. So that could be another reason. if you set everything up, and then close the window, you won't see any gems appear.

Hey guys. So now that I'm a level 50, I haven't been seeing as many gems as I should.. and I know why.

When I leave my computer running at night for 8 hours, usually about halfway through (I'm assuming halfway) the adobe flashplayer crashes and stays on that screen. When I log back into habi I have about 20k worth of gems. I have mostly workers, so I should be making at least 40k in 8 hours right?

Anyways; has anyone else had trouble with this? I never had this problem at all until I hit level 50. Very frustrating! :sad02:

EDIT: Oh. I noticed some people saying they had trouble with the newest version of flash player. How do I know if I have the latest version? Is there a different version I should try or any add on's for firefox that may help out?

Well, I got through my first week of Habi on my new account - I had a bunch of P3's die off today! I'm waiting for the rest to die off - should be tomorrow, and then I'll be on a weekly schedule! I'll like that a lot better. I haven't had much time to devote to it the last few days so I'm at level 21, but I'm pleased with my first week's progress, I went into it this time knowing a lot more of the tips and tricks, and I think that's helping!

Do many of you have a death day like this? Where you wait for a whole set of P3s to dies of and just rehatch another set? Or do you tend to stagger hatching? I'm almost through with my first week of Habi and I'm curious as to what you veterans have found to be most efficient :D