The Habitarium Help Board

Zombiiesque

Could one of my very kind neofriends please repair my resource tiles? They keep getting damaged. :sad02:

Do many of you have a death day like this? Where you wait for a whole set of P3s to dies of and just rehatch another set? Or do you tend to stagger hatching? I'm almost through with my first week of Habi and I'm curious as to what you veterans have found to be most efficient :D

I found that having a set death day to be more difficult than staggered hatching. I found myself having to stay up progressively later and later at night to catch it, or else have the entire night be unproductive. I find it a lot easier to have 7~ die each day, around the time that I get home from work. I know that death days work really well for other people, but I found it such a pain.

Could one of my very kind neofriends please repair my resource tiles? They keep getting damaged. :sad02:

Got it, hun! :)

Do many of you have a death day like this? Where you wait for a whole set of P3s to dies of and just rehatch another set? Or do you tend to stagger hatching? I'm almost through with my first week of Habi and I'm curious as to what you veterans have found to be most efficient :D

I actually tried this for two weeks, and it didn't work for me. As Rebecca mentioned, it's so much easier to do the staggered repopulating.

Heh, I hit you up as well!

I actually tried this for two weeks, and it didn't work for me. As Rebecca mentioned, it's so much easier to do the staggered repopulating.

'I prefer staggered too. That way, if I forget to check for an hour or three, I won't have lost out on as much nps.

'I prefer staggered too. That way, if I forget to check for an hour or three, I won't have lost out on as much nps.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Guess I have some hatching to do!

I guess that brings another question up, too:

Will I need to upgrade the newly hatched P3s?

Thanks for all the suggestions! Guess I have some hatching to do!

I guess that brings another question up, too:

Will I need to upgrade the newly hatched P3s?

As everyone else has said already, it is a bit of a pain to have a 'death/hatch day'. I usually have anywhere from 3-10 die off per day. It makes it easier to keep up with. What level are you right now? If you're not yet a level 50, I reccommend keeping about 8 nesters for the time being. Keep as many eggs as you can, just do not exceed 10 pages of anything (as that makes it easier to be locked out). I try to keep about 3 pages of workers, one page of soldiers, and one page of nesters. I discard all the extra stuff I don't need. So don't keep too many decorations, buildings, etc.

That was off-topic but to answer your question.. No. You do not have to upgrade P3's once they die off. Once you upgrade them it is permanent. You only have to upgrade one P3 of each type. 'worker, nester, and soldier'. Once you do that, they will all be upgraded. ^^

Oh, and thanks for fixing my resources guys!!

I just attempted a death day. Didn't go so smoothly, because I guess I had hatched the 3Ps at different times (had taken a loooong break, so hadn't deliberately planned anything, had to re-learn a lot). I decided to hatch new 3Ps in segments, so all nesters die at the same time, and the same with workers and soldiers. I like to run my habi in an orderly fashion :P

I just attempted a death day. Didn't go so smoothly, because I guess I had hatched the 3Ps at different times (had taken a loooong break, so hadn't deliberately planned anything, had to re-learn a lot). I decided to hatch new 3Ps in segments, so all nesters die at the same time, and the same with workers and soldiers. I like to run my habi in an orderly fashion :P

I wouldn't let all of your nesters die off. When that happens you get a nester of a random species. If you like to have one species of P3, it'll throw you off.

Hey guys! So I've now reached level 41 in my Habi (thanks in part to TDN's wonderful guide!). I'm at the point where I have a lot of storage and they are filling up fast with my resources. I feel like if I keep buying storage my whole screen will fill up with it, but at the same time, I don't have anything else that I need to buy. What do you usually do at this point? Do you buy random stuff and then discard it just to keep your resources low enough that you don't need a crazy amount of storage? Do you start to harvest pollen, grass, and water as well? I'm just not sure how to proceed from here so any feedback on what works for you would be much appreciated :)

Hey guys! So I've now reached level 41 in my Habi (thanks in part to TDN's wonderful guide!). I'm at the point where I have a lot of storage and they are filling up fast with my resources. I feel like if I keep buying storage my whole screen will fill up with it, but at the same time, I don't have anything else that I need to buy. What do you usually do at this point? Do you buy random stuff and then discard it just to keep your resources low enough that you don't need a crazy amount of storage? Do you start to harvest pollen, grass, and water as well? I'm just not sure how to proceed from here so any feedback on what works for you would be much appreciated :)

I tend to fill my storages, buy new ones, put those out, and then move the old storages back into my bag and delete them. :) It keeps the resources down, and it takes less time than buying other items and deleting those!

EDIT: Well, it feeeeels like it takes less time, lol. I donno if it actually does! I guess I need to buy less storages than I would other items?

I'm sooooooo close- hit level 49 today! :D

For some reason I'm too lazy to use Rebecca's method, although I do think it is the one most people use. What I do is buy a whole bunch of random decoration items and then discard. Sometimes I will place new storages out and upgrade them, but most of the time I'm too inpatient so I just go on a spending spree. It'll keep your resources low. I've never had my storages fill up all the way using this method. I think it's a personal preference though, so play around with it and see which you prefer. The up-side to Rebecca's method is that you will be gaining experience that way, versus just buying and discarding like I do. :P

EDIT: Excuse what I said before, I think Rebecca's method just might be the faster one. Lol. I'm not for sure. As long as you are getting rid of the resources some how though it shouldn't matter too much.

OH, and congrats to the both of you! YAY for purple gems.

I'm just starting out & at lvl 5 c:

I'll appreciate it if someone can help me repair my resource tile occasionally & I'll be glad to return the favor c:

Be sure and let me know if you need any resources. I will gift to you anytime Zeph! (:

Thanks Rebecca and Qullaso, that's really helpful! Can't wait to get to level 50. Congrats Rebecca on being so close :D

Yay, glad to help! :D

Aww, thanks! ^_^ (and to you as well, Xandria! <3) It's so nice seeing it in the near future again!

As everyone else has said already, it is a bit of a pain to have a 'death/hatch day'. I usually have anywhere from 3-10 die off per day. It makes it easier to keep up with. What level are you right now? If you're not yet a level 50, I reccommend keeping about 8 nesters for the time being. Keep as many eggs as you can, just do not exceed 10 pages of anything (as that makes it easier to be locked out). I try to keep about 3 pages of workers, one page of soldiers, and one page of nesters. I discard all the extra stuff I don't need. So don't keep too many decorations, buildings, etc.

That was off-topic but to answer your question.. No. You do not have to upgrade P3's once they die off. Once you upgrade them it is permanent. You only have to upgrade one P3 of each type. 'worker, nester, and soldier'. Once you do that, they will all be upgraded. ^^

Oh, and thanks for fixing my resources guys!!

Thanks for the tip (and answering my question on P3s)! I'm only on level 21. Based on what I've been reading from the boards and elsewhere, I have set my habi up so that I have 15 workers, 6 nesters, and 4 soldiers (25 total).

Zephyr, if you need more neighbors you can add me! I'm around pretty often.

Just sent you a NF request. Thanks c:

Can some of the kind players here help to repair my resource tiles? They're starting to look wilted :c

& while lurking the neoboards I heard that leaving it to run overnight may be against the rules? :tired:

TNT didn't give a clear reply to this question:

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=566

(2 questions down from the laughing techo)

I HIT LEVEL 50 AGAIN. :happydance:

In some of the tickets, TNT has said that it isn't really in the spirit of the game, and that it "may" be considered cheating. But then they didn't say -when they were expliitly asked!- that it was cheating.

So... I would say go for it, but don't expect to be helped if you get a gem lockout. I expect TNT sees lockouts like that, caused from not collecting gems in a timely manner, as punishment for not playing the way they expected people to play.

Just sent you a NF request. Thanks c:

Can some of the kind players here help to repair my resource tiles? They're starting to look wilted :c

& while lurking the neoboards I heard that leaving it to run overnight may be against the rules? :tired:

TNT didn't give a clear reply to this question:

http://www.neopets.c...orial&issue=566

(2 questions down from the laughing techo)

I got it, thank you! I will shoot you a NM. :)

I HIT LEVEL 50 AGAIN. :happydance:

In some of the tickets, TNT has said that it isn't really in the spirit of the game, and that it "may" be considered cheating. But then they didn't say -when they were expliitly asked!- that it was cheating.

So... I would say go for it, but don't expect to be helped if you get a gem lockout. I expect TNT sees lockouts like that, caused from not collecting gems in a timely manner, as punishment for not playing the way they expected people to play.

YAY, Rebecca! <3 I am so so glad, congratulations!

I got it, thank you! I will shoot you a NM. :)

YAY, Rebecca! <3 I am so so glad, congratulations!

Congrats! :thumbsup:

& I'll shoot you a PM for the other bits c:

Thanks you two! :D I'm so glad- I was missing my gems so much!