The Habitarium Help Board

Zombiiesque

I downloaded an add-on for Chrome that lets me manually adjust the flash quality for an entire website. I don't know what browser you use, or if they have add ons for other browsers, but it's worked fantastically for me!

https://chrome.googl...ljidaofhcnmjffo

If that doesn't work for you and you use Chrome, there's also Flash Render Quality. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bbkhhhlbomjpenealmjakmfmlgnbimep

If you use firefox, I found a Greasemonkey script that lowers the quality of flash on any site you visit.

Here's a site that shows you how to install it, http://www.phpied.com/greasemonkey-execute-custom-javascripts-on-any-page/

for (var objs = document.embeds, i = objs.length - 1; i >= 0; i--) {
objs[i].setAttribute('quality', 'low');
objs[i].src+="#r";
}

for (objs = document.getElementsByTagName('object'), i = objs.length - 1; i >= 0; i--) {
for (var c = objs[i].childNodes, j = c.length - 1, set = false; j >= 0; j--) {
if ((c[j].tagName == 'PARAM') && (c[j].getAttribute('name') == 'quality')) { c[j].setAttribute('value', 'low'); set = true; break; }
}
if (!set) with (objs[i].appendChild(document.createElement('param'))) setAttribute('name', 'quality'), setAttribute('value', 'low');

with (objs[i].parentNode) appendChild(removeChild(objs[i]));
}

Can't help you if you use any other browser though.

I downloaded an add-on for Chrome that lets me manually adjust the flash quality for an entire website. I don't know what browser you use, or if they have add ons for other browsers, but it's worked fantastically for me!

https://chrome.googl...ljidaofhcnmjffo

Yep, Pests can appear on top of your pests, but it is rare. And if they do, the pests are normally attacking the resource your P3 is harvesting, so your workers will attack them as well. Putting a decoration on top will stop that happening, but I found it SUCH a pain. Because you can't put a P3 on top of a decoration, each time you move your P3s back to work after resting them, you have to move that decoration, and then put it on top of them. Ugh. LOL.

Nope! Your workers keep on working even if that screen is up, so no worries! I have that happen sometimes, when I refresh the page and then don't check it. I come back to the little notice about what has happened since you last were there, but I have a tonne of gems, so despite that screen being up, everyone kept doing what they were supposed to do. :) It just stays there so the game knows you've seen it! :)

Thank you, that was very helpful as always. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me figure these things out. :wub_anim:

I do use google Chrome, so I will be downloading that add-on right now!

Thank you, that was very helpful as always. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me figure these things out. :wub_anim:

I do use google Chrome, so I will be downloading that add-on right now!

No worries! :D I had such a hard time figuring stuff out when I started Habi, so I am very happy to help out other people. :D

Yay! I hope you like using it. :D The only thing about it that I don't love is that when I view peoples' pets, they're in low quality as well, since the quality I picked applies to all of neopets.com, but I figure it's worth have slightly pixelated pets than a computer that lags too much to be used when Habi is running! :)

What is the purpose of levelling up your P3s?

As Crimson said! For example, level 1 nesters take what, two hours to finish incubating an egg? A level 3 nester takes 50 minutes.

You only have to upgrade one P3 of each type (nester/worker/soldier) in order to have the upgrade apply to all P3s of that type FOREVER. So even once all your P3s die, any you hatch afterwards will be the level you last upgraded your P3s to. :)

I read somewhere that if you have a large friends list, it can add to the lag on your habi. So since I added a lot of folks through this board who either aren't actively playing or are already at level 50 and we don't talk, I took those folks off my list - if someone actually needs help/gifting, you can still send me a request! Or if those of you I took off start actively playing and want some gifts and are leveling up, you can re-add me.

Does anyone find it lags more than usual lately? i'm constantly having to refresh because of P3's not really being where they're shown to be (e.g, healing or nesting). It's getting really annoying. I don't even have to have habi open for very long for it to occur :(

Also, I was rebuilding my population and I had a worker that wouldn't hatch after I had hatched around 15 soldiers and a few nesters. I refreshed and the worker was dead. Even if it had hatched in the background without the images updating, there were a ton of soldiers on the board. How in the world did that happen? :ohno:

Does anyone find it lags more than usual lately? i'm constantly having to refresh because of P3's not really being where they're shown to be (e.g, healing or nesting). It's getting really annoying. I don't even have to have habi open for very long for it to occur :(

Also, I was rebuilding my population and I had a worker that wouldn't hatch after I had hatched around 15 soldiers and a few nesters. I refreshed and the worker was dead. Even if it had hatched in the background without the images updating, there were a ton of soldiers on the board. How in the world did that happen? :ohno:

If an egg does not hatch, that means it was a zombie egg. I have a few of those. They just reappear in your nest bag, you can't delete them.

If an egg does not hatch, that means it was a zombie egg. I have a few of those. They just reappear in your nest bag, you can't delete them.

The egg is completely gone now. I hadn't played habi in weeks so I took a bunch of eggs out of the bag to hatch them. That one didn't hatch and when I refreshed the page the little diamond was there from when a P3 dies.

I've had some weird lag/glitches when we were seeing the red Pteri all this last week, for sure. I think they were probably connected - I was reading the Habi board and folks were having a tough time building and getting zombie buildings, too.

Hm, I guess it's still having an effect. This is the first time I've opened habi in almost a month though. It's a little frustrating because my nesters breed like 90% nesters and soldiers. It takes a while to get any workers.

I've heard that all three kinds of P3s drop a different ratio of types? I don't know how true that is! That's why it's a shame we can't gift eggs.

I heard that too. I am not sure but it seems like Larnikan is the best Soldier, Pinchit the nester, and Mootix the worker. It just feels that way. Larnkin is the most chubby for fighting. Pinchits just look like nesters and Mootixs look like workers.

I heard that too. I am not sure but it seems like Larnikan is the best Soldier, Pinchit the nester, and Mootix the worker. It just feels that way. Larnkin is the most chubby for fighting. Pinchits just look like nesters and Mootixs look like workers.

To be honest, Pinchits look more like soldiers to me. Those claws look like they could do some damage.

As far as eggs go, I think the ratios are the same regardless of species: they drop whatever you don't need for 3-4 hours in a row and then you get one of the one you needed.

To be honest, Pinchits look more like soldiers to me. Those claws look like they could do some damage.

As far as eggs go, I think the ratios are the same regardless of species: they drop whatever you don't need for 3-4 hours in a row and then you get one of the one you needed.

Good point. I never thought of that. Pinchits for attacking and Larnikins for sitting their chubby bodies.

Interesting points you guys. ^ Out of curiousity how many nesters do you guys use? I have a population of 28 now (level 25, so halfway there!) and was wondering how many I should have out. I've been keeping 5 as of right now, but I've heard most people tend to use less. Thoughts? Also, soldiers.. how many do you usually use? What amount seems to keep the Habi pretty safe from pests?

Personally, I've found that pests aren't that big of deal. I have two soldiers (I'm at lvl 50 now with a pop. of 46) and with the help of the workers, two is enough. I do make use of the hospital though because workers do get injured by the pests.

As for nesters, I have 13. That's because I relied on nesters heavily to level up before I read about the worker strategy so I've just kept them around since. They're a nice boost when they all come ready. I think you are fine though with 5 and to keep the majority of your population as workers. I think it was about level 30 when I realized workers come in more handy to gain levels faster.

Interesting points you guys. ^ Out of curiousity how many nesters do you guys use? I have a population of 28 now (level 25, so halfway there!) and was wondering how many I should have out. I've been keeping 5 as of right now, but I've heard most people tend to use less. Thoughts? Also, soldiers.. how many do you usually use? What amount seems to keep the Habi pretty safe from pests?

I think most people use 3 nesters, 3 soldiers, and the rest workers if they leave it on for long periods of time. I usually have 3 nesters, 1-2 soldiers, and the rest workers. (I usually sacrifice 1 worker to see what types of eggs the nesters are laying right after my current batch of P3s die off so I can more easily build up my egg stash.)

Personally, I've found that pests aren't that big of deal. I have two soldiers (I'm at lvl 50 now with a pop. of 46) and with the help of the workers, two is enough. I do make use of the hospital though because workers do get injured by the pests.

As for nesters, I have 13. That's because I relied on nesters heavily to level up before I read about the worker strategy so I've just kept them around since. They're a nice boost when they all come ready. I think you are fine though with 5 and to keep the majority of your population as workers. I think it was about level 30 when I realized workers come in more handy to gain levels faster.

You make a good point. I like using the nesters because they give you a big boost of experience when your inpatient and want to level up really quickly. So I find they come in pretty handy, even if they don't make as much XP as the workers. Thanks for the feedback! Once I hit level 50 and all storages are upgrade to level 3, how many will I need? I plan on keeping it running at night, so I was just curious what a good amount was. Right now I have quite a bit, like 8. But I got a lot of free ones so figured I'd use them. They're all level one though, except for one which is a level two. I haven't had enough resources to do much b/c I spent it all on random decoration items that I was using to block in my P3's. I've finally found a good method though... at least I think so. XD

You make a good point. I like using the nesters because they give you a big boost of experience when your inpatient and want to level up really quickly. So I find they come in pretty handy, even if they don't make as much XP as the workers. Thanks for the feedback! Once I hit level 50 and all storages are upgrade to level 3, how many will I need? I plan on keeping it running at night, so I was just curious what a good amount was. Right now I have quite a bit, like 8. But I got a lot of free ones so figured I'd use them. They're all level one though, except for one which is a level two. I haven't had enough resources to do much b/c I spent it all on random decoration items that I was using to block in my P3's. I've finally found a good method though... at least I think so. XD

I'm fairly sure that each worker harvests at a rate of 300/hour. With 40 workers, that's 12,000/hour. If you leave it alone for 8 hours (that's how long I notices it takes before they get tired), you would earn 96,000 resources. If you only harvest one resource (which I assume you won't but I'm only saying this to show you the max number of storages you'd need), then 22 storages would be enough to hold it.

I personally like 18 because I can fit that many in my habi without any of them going into the 11x11 gem spawn area.