This is why I think the Prize Shop sux

Angeló

I thought it wasn't a good prize shop really just because there wasn't anything I wanted. I haven't spent my points yet. I wish there were more books--or more expensive books, really.

But it's true--I got up to Rank 27 (if you measure it based on AbsoluteCorruption) and was still 2500 points short of the top prize. That's pretty crazy.

because even All-Star players couldn't get the top two prizes (Faerie Yooyu and 8 bit Potion) ...

like , really , TNT ???

The prize shop is always like this. That's why people go completely insane with the AC playing games like mad.

because even All-Star players couldn't get the top two prizes (Faerie Yooyu and 8 bit Potion) ...

like , really , TNT ???

I know, right? And like Mouseykins said, it's always been like this, even a bigger facepalm.

I never noticed that it was always this way - I always thought than once u hit All-Star , u r qualified for Top Prize .. I never got there myself , and probably never will ... but now I'm even more discouraged to even try for All-Star in the future

Rank 29 was the minimum for the top prize, 30,000 prize points and 2,500 games of YYB wins or the equivalent of.

I don't think All-Star has ever given enough points, I think 25 would be fine for a minimum, but that would mean either prizes worth less points or the games being worth more points. I think TNT has their formula and don't want to change it.

TNT just confuses me.

They freeze people who max games everyday to try and reach All-Star as quick as possible, and to earn more neopoints prize shop points, but to earn the top prize, you have to reach what, double all-star or something?

They froze people that were maxing YYB and SOSD every day. That's about 20 hours a day every day until the point they got frozen. It's a logical conclusion that TNT would just assume they are cheating, I mean, 20 hours a day of Altador Cup? That's just crazy. It doesn't mean they are right to do it without proof but still, it's just expected. Pretty sure they freeze tons of dual maxers about halfway through the Cup every year. The fact that people don't learn or make sure they can prove to TNT that they are not cheating is their problem. TNT doesn't care. I wonder how many of them actually will get their accounts back. They'd still have 80k prize points or so.

Either they make the game more interesting or they come up with better incentives. Since we only earn NP for the first 3 matches each day, it takes someone with considerable free time and willpower want to get to All-Star (and more). People who try but don't achieve All-Star are pathetically rewarded. It's frustrating, and it's only going to discourage people.

I don't think it's unfair.

This was the 7th Altador Cup. You had 6 previous example of how hard you needed to work to get top prizes. No excuse for not playing harder if top prize was REALLY your goal. If anything, it will motivate you to play more on a daily basis next year and to help your team more. Every little bits count for the team... but your personal rank and amount of games is thing that matters for your reward at the end. You even had a tie-breaker day to send minimum scores in all games to earn more points without harming your team. :P Many people used it.

I understand many people are disappointed to have missed out on the Yooyu especially. Just keep in mind that right before next AC, when people cash in their points before they expire... the price will take a dip down again and if you saved NP, you will be able to afford it. As far as the Potion goes, it's probably a bad long term investment since that thing restocks in shop or could be a prize again.

No I didn't care for the yooyu or the potion, but I wasn't exactly slacking off either. I understand that the quality of the prizes directly correspond to your rank, but there are some of us who cannot afford to spend the time needed for All-Star, but they do their best to put in as much time as they can. And after all that frustration, getting just pillows and cheap books does not seem very worth it. Even some All Star players can't afford the "good stuff". The message seems to be "GET ABOVE ALL STAR OR DON'T BOTHER PLAYING". The only incentive for the middling player seems to be just love of the repetitive game or love for the team. And yes, I know I can go away if I don't like it, it's just disappointing all the same.

If you hold onto the books they will end up being worth more down the line. I feel like I got some really great prizes and was no where near All-Star. I only made it to rank 9 but I was still able to get the stamp and some of the cheaper things.

Well, I know some of my DCers at the boards can afford the top prize. All you really have to do is reach about 3x all star to get the top 2 prizes.. And 2x all star to get the top prize only. I think. But either way, you have to put lots of hard work. And I'm planning to reach 2x all star next year. I'm hoping I can reach it. :)

All-Star was 16,000 points, Double All-Star would be 32,000 points, Triple All-Star is 48,000 points, Quadruple All-Star is 64,000. I was short under 3k to buy both the potion and the Yooyu (I had 52k out of 55k) at Rank 40.

All of the prizes cost 107,491 points and no one hit that, the closest person on AbsoluteCorruption was at 102k.

Maxing YYB and SOSD every day for all 25 days (including the tie-breaker) would be (301 x 12) x 25 = 90,300 points. SOSD is 1 point per game so 1,201 x 25 = 30,025. Gives dual maxers 120,325 points. If they hadn't been frozen the dual maxers would have been able to buy one of everything with 12,834 points left over. Add in some SLSL or MSN games in the downtime and you could buy a second throwing star.

Did scores count on the 25th after the news came out that a tie-breaker would be held on the 26th? I know you could play but I didn't. That could have added even more.

I don't really think TNT created the prize shops with the hope that anyone would be able to get ALL of the prizes. I think they expected people to choose what appealed to them if they had a ton of points in the end.

I had a hard time getting things out from the Prize Shop and I had to go to the main page and get the original link all the way back to the prize shop so I didn't make a mistake like refreshing and buying something extra that I didn't want. I had enough to get that bobblehead but..I just wanted to have multiple expensive things instead of simply one.

I only ended up having 2,500, which was enough to get a book, the scarf, background. It's a good amount to get for a 'beginner' sort like me, but I had gotten sick of AC right in the middle of it so I stopped playing completely.

It's crazy that you have to play so much everyday to get a prize such as the Faerie Yooyu. I understand working hard but I played quite a bit and I stretched myself just to play what I had. Then to hear TNT was banning people who played too much in one day...what?! If they don't want people doing that then they should lower what All-Star is and lower the Prize Shop prizes and maybe they won't have to ban people for playing so much. But 20 hours in a day? I wouldn't had ever stretched myself that far, that's just insane! I could see how that would look suspicious[when do those people sleep for instance xD].

Hopefully they'll fix what's wrong with the AC before next year. Or maybe next year will be like this one.

I feel like a lot of people are being really harsh on TNT. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the people who were frozen who were just playing 20 hours in one day. But I don't blame TNT for it. I blame people who were cheating and using auto players to play the AC games. It's their fault TNT has to do these things. TNT is doing there best to make sure that we are all having fun fairly. Now I know the cup wasn't perfect but no one is perfect.

I feel like a lot of people are being really harsh on TNT. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the people who were frozen who were just playing 20 hours in one day. But I don't blame TNT for it. I blame people who were cheating and using auto players to play the AC games. It's their fault TNT has to do these things. TNT is doing there best to make sure that we are all having fun fairly. Now I know the cup wasn't perfect but no one is perfect.

Yes I agree with that because people who did cheat would get everything and those who didn't would not get as much.

Yeah I was disappointed too, I thought All Star could get any price but apparently the top prize you always had to double All Star. I don't understand how people can play that much, I played a TON and only was able to make All Star because of the tie breaker day.

Well, asbash, I respect your opinion. But I think the reason people (and I) are being a little harsh on TNT is cause not only do they freeze fair playing players. But they never listen to what we have to think. We're giving them tons of suggestions of how to make the AC be great, but in the end, they never listen. I really wish TNT would listen to us this year, because if they don't I'm 100% sure some or lots of AC players will retire :(