The ALP

Matt

So I'm brand new to this here and I have no idea how to go about getting lent, can someone give me some idea of what to do haha?

Check out the ALP homepage. You can find the specific requirements for the pet or item you want to borrow on there. :D

I applied for the Grey+Harris chain midjuly, got accepted, and was supposed to receive a confirmation letter today.

I didn't realize my Neomail Inbox was full and just cleared it, so if it was already sent out, would you please re-send me a confirmation letter :)

You'll want to contact Anime and let her know about your little hiccup! She may or may not see your message here.

I applied for the Grey+Harris chain midjuly, got accepted, and was supposed to receive a confirmation letter today.

I didn't realize my Neomail Inbox was full and just cleared it, so if it was already sent out, would you please re-send me a confirmation letter :)

I'm actually just now sending out the confirmations. I was being lazy.

Also, if your inbox is fully, I usually chunk a Soggy Box at you.

Check out the ALP homepage. You can find the specific requirements for the pet or item you want to borrow on there. :D

Please also read the rules and lending procedure on the ALP page. They explain exactly how to go about borrowing.

I'm having some issues accessing the ALP pages - I can see the homepage, but when I click on links to avatar specific pages (from avatar checklist - such as fire blumaroo and coconut) it tells me that I don't have permission to view the page.

I'm having some issues accessing the ALP pages - I can see the homepage, but when I click on links to avatar specific pages (from avatar checklist - such as fire blumaroo and coconut) it tells me that I don't have permission to view the page.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll look into it and correct to the appropriate URLS asap :)

For now you can view the Fire Blumaroo and Coconut Jubjub pages here: http://alp.thedailyneopets.com/?page=pet_chains&id=8 & http://alp.thedailyneopets.com/?page=pet_chains&id=3

Hey guys,

A few things that I don't believe are covered on the Pet Lending Rules and Chain Lend Process pages.

1. Do I have to wait until a pet lend is complete before applying for another chain to avoid having multiple lends conflict?
  2. Can I apply for chains for the current month or do I have to apply for the following month at minimum?

Thanks for the clarification guys. :)

1. Nope, you can apply before you get the pet, it makes no difference.

2. You cannot apply to be in the current month because generally those chains have all ready started or even finished. You CAN apply for chains up to two months in advance. For instance, this month (August), you can apply to be in chains in September and October, but not November onwards. I have the cut off there so people don't up and forget and clutter my files with notes that'll just be deleted because they were lent elsewhere, and for the sake of not having a huge file.

For pet lending, is it possible to exchange the avatar pet for a pet of the lendee's so that we won't have to pound one of our pets if we have 4? Then, you can exchange the two pets back when the lendee gets the avatars.

Got kind of confused because I kept thinking that it was only a one-Neopet transfer, meaning that no exchange takes place.

The pet lending is done in chains. The first person receives it from the home of the avatar pet, then it's passed on, person to person, until the last person receives it, at which point it's sent back to the original account.

Due to the limited number of transfers, and the fact that chains are used, you will need the free slot to be able to participate.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I have a question :)

I'd like to ask about how lending and collateral works, do you do that through the trading post? I've personally only used the trading post once and from what I understand, you have to give an item as well as neopoints, or am I wrong?

If I'm not, I'd like to ask how you would get around the item part and what you give in.

Please and thank you in advance! :)

With the lower end items (Anything with a collateral of 800k or less) we use the Trading Post.

An item is required, so you would just offer a junk item and the collateral in pure NP. Once you've set up the trade to return the item, we would make the offer on that trade with the same junk item and amount of NP.

With the lower end items (Anything with a collateral of 800k or less) we use the Trading Post.

An item is required, so you would just offer a junk item and the collateral in pure NP. Once you've set up the trade to return the item, we would make the offer on that trade with the same junk item and amount of NP.

Thank you, I have two question to add to that (sorry)

What method is used for items that require collateral of over 800k?

And when setting up a return trade, do we notify the other person through neomail?

Please and thank you in advance <3

Rcticsun - As for becoming a lender, we currently have enough lenders to handle the requests we're getting. As for your other question, I will have to check into that and get back to you :)

flavoureddestruction - With items over 800k, it can be done two ways. If the member has Easy To Sell items worth the amount, (or a combo of ETS items and 800k NP and under to meet the collateral requirement) we'll use the trading post. If it's pure NP, we set up a Neofriend Only auction for the amount of the collateral. (It's explained more when the request is filled.)

As for having the return trade set up, you'd just send a NM to the lender and let them know it's set up, and we'll get the offer made with the collateral as soon as possible.

I hope I'm putting this in the right spot! I applied for a lend for Zafara Double Agent a while ago (not a month, maybe a few weeks?) and I hadn't heard anything, so I was wondering if either there's a bit of a wait on it or if it just didn't go through? I certainly don't mind waiting, no rush, I just wanted to make sure it had gone through because my i-net connection can be spotty.

I have a question. I recently got the Robo Hissi for the avatar, but it doesn't give me the option to put it in my neohome.

No, I am not part of the ALP. Did you make a room in your classic Neohome yet? I did not see any rooms in there for you to put a Robo Hissi inside.

No, I am not part of the ALP. Did you make a room in your classic Neohome yet? I did not see any rooms in there for you to put a Robo Hissi inside.

I made one but sort of don't know how to put it in.

EDIT: I read a guide and now know how to. 6 Hours to complete.

Edited by sikdersaha1000

I hope I'm putting this in the right spot! I applied for a lend for Zafara Double Agent a while ago (not a month, maybe a few weeks?) and I hadn't heard anything, so I was wondering if either there's a bit of a wait on it or if it just didn't go through? I certainly don't mind waiting, no rush, I just wanted to make sure it had gone through because my i-net connection can be spotty.

I've actually just sent you a NeoMail about it :) I've been having some internet problems as well and the ZDAP requests haven't been getting any attention, so the wait has been a bit longer than it should be. I'm trying my best to keep up with all the requests pending - sorry for the long wait! Your avatar is on its way ^_^