What do you collect on Neopets?

QueenBee

What do you collect?   

273 members have voted

1. 1. Do you collect Trading Cards, Stamps, or other or all?

Some plushie collecting advice: Start with the cheapest ones and work your way up. Start with ones that you like best and specialize until you can't go any further, like I did with codestone plushies and mote plushies. If you only look at the most expensive ones, you'll never start - it's so discouraging.

Remember that the Shop Wizard is your best friend. Try not to buy on impulse. (I make sure I have no more on hand than I'm willing to spend at any given time so that I must take the time to go to the Bank if I want to buy something. That forces me to think about it first and decide if it's really worth that price or not.) Check prices carefully. If you find a really good store with fair prices, bookmark it and have customer loyalty to them.

One last thing to keep in mind about collecting anything: you really can never have it all, so if you can live without it - don't break the bank to buy it. There will always be another plushie.

I hope that helps! :woot:

Thank you!! That does help a lot. I have already started collecting a few usul plushies and I have a few general plushies in my SDB that I just really loved and wanted to hang on to. Would it be silly to have a section for plushies in my usul gallery? Or can you have a gallery on your side maybe?

These are all really fantastic tips though, thank you so much.

Thank you!! That does help a lot. I have already started collecting a few usul plushies and I have a few general plushies in my SDB that I just really loved and wanted to hang on to. Would it be silly to have a section for plushies in my usul gallery? Or can you have a gallery on your side maybe?

These are all really fantastic tips though, thank you so much.

You're very welcome. I'm glad to help out. When I first started playing, I didn't have a clue. Someone kindly helped me out and I never forgot their kindness. :thumbsup:

You could split your gallery into more than one section or specialize it for only usul plushies. It's all up to you. Have fun!

I mostly collect avatars (even though I don't have very many!), but I also have a very tiny gallery of plushies and pizza-themed items. And I'm thinking about starting to collect stamps, but it's not a priority since I'll never have the NP to complete any sets!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to get up to the highest bank account type, but I do very casually collect Zafara plushies. I may or may not have them all at this point, I haven't checked in a while owo;

I also just impulse buy any items that look pretty and aren't too expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Sand, Sand, and more Sand!

I have been collecting Neopian Sand items since I got my first Bottle of Blue Sand from Tombola.

I started with the Bottles, then I expanded to items with Sand in the name, and then I expanded even further to items that have Sand in the image.

My Sand Gallery has kept me entertained for years...and, considering the prices of the last few items I need, will likely keep me busy for years to come.

Check it out:

http://www.neopets.com/gallery/?gu=fullonparanoid

:P

Besides stamps and avatars, I've also started collecting gnome related items. At some point I suppose I should design a layout for it, although I doubt mine will be half as impressive as fullonparanoid's (holy cow, everything even looks like it's coated in sand!).

Really enjoyed hearing what everyone collects. Some of them are very unique. :)

There's a bunch of things that I collect. :D

My biggest thing I collect are plushies :) ... I have a ton in my SDB right now, just keeping them in there for now. Going to move them back to my gallery eventually. I have a bunch of really expensive ones, and the obvious really cheap ones. I'm just having a hard time trying to find a good price on Blue Blumaroo and Yellow Blumaroo Plushies. I don't know why those two are marked so high, but I'm about to shell out the money for those. They're needed, and I want to move onto different plushies :)

I also collect keyrings. I don't know why, but I just think they're cool lol .. I don't have very many, but I'm going to start searching for more soon.

Ever since I started my neopets account, I've put every omelette and every jelly that I get in my SDB. I have so many in there, it's a bit ridiculous o.o ... I also do the same thing with those Healing Potions, I have a ton of those too. Same with motes, codestones, and the bottled faeries. I feel like I hoard almost everything lol

And of course... Neopoints :)

Things with butter for my gallery.

I also like to collect regular codestones for training.

I was recently trying to get a Booktastic award but I've taken a break from that...

I collect foods with bites taken already taken out of them. :P

So things like left-overs, 2/3 omelettes, 1/2 cakes, cheeses (their pictures are always missing atleast one wedge).

Some things can be really cheap, and others can be thousands of nps. I'm kind of a cheap collector. :P

Beads! Well just yellow and blue ones with the random green/red when I find one cheap enough. My slight OCD is making it really hard for me and I can't get find the last ones I need anywhere. :sad02:

Also, codestones just because they go straight to my SDB and I rarely train my pet there anymore. Oh and Neggs because I dislike selling them and one day I might trade them in for a few Cool or Super Neggs.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to collect flotatos :)

Currently at 310

Want to start collecting twirlyfruit omelettes too!!

They're too cute!!!

Wow... I love collecting things on neopets. I have my ever-present quest for avatars, stamps, trading cards, and trophies. But I also try to collect books my pet hasn't read, and gourmet foods she hasn't eaten. For my gallery, I've recently pulled those items to make way for something new. I used to collect the bottled sand, stained glass windows, and snowglobes. Then I thought about switching over to soups and cheeses in my attempt for something a little more unique. But I also want something that has a decent amount of items to collect, so with a little research, hopefully I'll find something both new and unique to settle on.

Stamps... I have 481 in my album now. Sometimes I think about creating a duplicate set in my gallery but that seems hard (and expensive!) Its my dream to get on the high score table! Only 200 some stamps to go! And its getting more and more expensive. Most of the stamps I need now are 200k + and many many more are over a million :(

I went on a tiny berry binge one year and have a lot of the pick your own berries in my gallery.

• 1 month later...

Stamp album & Neopoints, The stamps I need now are the super expensive ones so doing the coins and charms etc now.

I've just started collecting furry items for my gallery. I loooove fur!

I'm an avatar collector. Or at least I like to think I'm one :laughingsmiley:

Currently trying to get some game avatar that I almost got in the past. And pet avatars as well. As soon as I hit 25 posts or more Imma apply for the avatar pet chain lending programs from TDN to get more avatars. :3

Oh and back when I was still pretty new on neo I decided to collect all cheese items. XD Its still there in my gallery but I think I'm still missing a lot though.

Another avatar collector here. :) I hold on to any retired and special event items i receive, but I don't go out of my way to buy any of them. I'm a passive collector.

At one time I would buy random items that appealed to me and put them in my gallery. I was focused on aesthetically pleasing food for a while. I've since sold everything because I'm more into hoarding NPs these days. :P

Guest awkwardnormalcy

I collect the items you fish up from Underwater Fishing. :D

I just have three items I'm missing now, but they're super expensive and rare. I think I'm just going to stick to hoping I fish them up myself. x3

Other than that... neopoints. :D

What kind of items that you get from Underwater Fishing that are rare? The nicest thing I've gotten was a water mote.

I have just started collecting stamps again...will I ever learn :sad01_anim: they are quite expensive to collect, but they do look really good and Im enjoying seeing my number of stamps rise.

I remember when I told myself I wouldnt spend over 5k on a stamp then it went up to 20 and today I spent over 70k on a stamp that I really like ..oh well what else would I do with the points I suppose :rolleyes_anim: