What do you collect on Neopets?

QueenBee

What do you collect?   

273 members have voted

1. 1. Do you collect Trading Cards, Stamps, or other or all?

• 2 weeks later...

I casually collect toadstool- and mushroom-themed items (excluding the majority of the food-based ones)! I've always found them to be really aesthetically appealing and I love the folklore that surrounds them, so I thought it would be fun to collect some of them for my gallery.

• 1 month later...

I used to collect stamps, but they got so expensive trying to fill in whole pages. Maybe when i'm richer and willing to part with a few million I'll come back to it.

For now I collect "boring" books for my gallery. I buy and read a lot of books to my main active pet, and every time he says "That is like such a boring book!" I save it and stick it in my gallery. This way I have a record, so I don't see that he hasn't read it and buy it again in the future. I suppose I could write the titles down somewhere, but that's less fun. :P It's a slowly-growing collection, because most books are not "boring", but it grows nonetheless.

LUTARI BEADS! [hysterical laughter]

No, seriously, I want them, but ughhhh random events are unkind to me. :sad02:

On a more realistic note, once I'm done collecting secret lab map pieces (or saving up NPs to buy them), I'll probably be collecting stamps for the avatars. As for collections for the galleries, I'm still undecided; probably chocolates, plushies, or xweetok related things. (:

Just recently got enough neopoints to buy my first kacheek UB and i'm looking forward to collecting more kacheek Ub stuffs! Been collecting avatars too, so thats just slow going, and I'm pretty terrible at the games, so.. getting a good score for them is pretty tough :(

I'm working on collecting avatars, so far so good I think.

My gallery is for petpets, but unfortunately I only have some of the cheap ones right now. I haven't finished saving to paint my pets, so until then I can't spend very much on petpets like I want to :(

I want to collect Peophin items because I love my peophins so much!!

But I collect books for Peonie to read and avatars.

I want to collect more stamps because my stamp album pages are embarrassing lol

I also collect plushies and key chains.

Plushies. I've got somewhere around a thousand different ones. Strangely enough, the ones I most enjoy are the codestones. I have the full set. I like the symbols.

Motes. As far as I know, I have them all... which is easy since they're not expensive. I wish they would make more different ones so I can keep on collecting them.

Avatars.... but not really seriously. I only just started on that. Since I can never get them all, why do it? So, I just grab the easy ones and work slowly on getting the obtainable ones. (Which brings me to a question: why call ones that can only be done through past plots and such "obtainable" since they obviously are not? Hmmm. Maybe it's a conspiracy? :shiftyeyes_anim: *lol*)

I have a pretty extensive junk collection! ^.^ I have nearly 20,000 items that I bought for 1 NP or got for free in my SDB!

That's a lot of junk! :whaa:
(.....I've only got about a third of that...... must work harder.....)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Indeed it is! I probably spend at least 30 minutes every time I'm on just buying junk ^.^ My current stats as of yesterday are

Items: 1,660 | Qty: 20,475

ALL JUNK! :D

Indeed it is! I probably spend at least 30 minutes every time I'm on just buying junk ^.^ My current stats as of yesterday are

*bowing to your greatness, Oh Goddess of the Rubbish Heap* I'm not worthy... I'm not worthy....

I guess you're going to be laughing now with the new event needing some of that valuable trash.

( ....hmmm... I smell an oxymoron here..... how can "trash" be "valuable"?? it's another conspiracy...... :shiftyeyes_anim: )

*bowing to your greatness, Oh Goddess of the Rubbish Heap* I'm not worthy... I'm not worthy....

I guess you're going to be laughing now with the new event needing some of that valuable trash.

( ....hmmm... I smell an oxymoron here..... how can "trash" be "valuable"?? it's another conspiracy...... :shiftyeyes_anim: )

Yes! People are already complaining of inflation for the event while I'm just sitting here like I've got like 21k items now, and half of them are apparently now in the thousands, and I'm just going to pull stuff from my SDB! ^.^

I collect avatars like most of you here, though it's slowed down A LOT over the past few months :/ I was also tempted to start collecting stamps but I'm not really doing it for real mainly because it's so unrealistic to ever hope to complete the collection. I should have written that down in the jump start questionnaire.

Plushies. I've got somewhere around a thousand different ones. Strangely enough, the ones I most enjoy are the codestones. I have the full set. I like the symbols.

Motes. As far as I know, I have them all... which is easy since they're not expensive. I wish they would make more different ones so I can keep on collecting them.

Avatars.... but not really seriously. I only just started on that. Since I can never get them all, why do it? So, I just grab the easy ones and work slowly on getting the obtainable ones. (Which brings me to a question: why call ones that can only be done through past plots and such "obtainable" since they obviously are not? Hmmm. Maybe it's a conspiracy? :shiftyeyes_anim: *lol*)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

THOUSANDS?? of plushies??! That's amazing! Lol! You must have spent a fortune! I have a printed list of all the Plushies and it estimated that I have to spend over at least 1 million. Haha

OH MY GOSH! Lol, for the plot that is going on, you need to sell yours to make money! haha

I collect stamps, cards, books, and any usul items. I love usuki dolls and usul plushies!

I want to get into plushie collecting, but it seems VERY intimidating, considering how many there are.

Some plushie collecting advice: Start with the cheapest ones and work your way up. Start with ones that you like best and specialize until you can't go any further, like I did with codestone plushies and mote plushies. If you only look at the most expensive ones, you'll never start - it's so discouraging.

Remember that the Shop Wizard is your best friend. Try not to buy on impulse. (I make sure I have no more on hand than I'm willing to spend at any given time so that I must take the time to go to the Bank if I want to buy something. That forces me to think about it first and decide if it's really worth that price or not.) Check prices carefully. If you find a really good store with fair prices, bookmark it and have customer loyalty to them.

One last thing to keep in mind about collecting anything: you really can never have it all, so if you can live without it - don't break the bank to buy it. There will always be another plushie.

I hope that helps! :woot: