Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Hey everyone! I'm new to this site! Well... I always used it for dailies. But my nf said I should join the threads and check it out even more! :)

I'm new as well!! I've only been on here for a little while but so far it's been pretty cool. :D

Heyall Haven't been here in a while

Some bad weather

We got some of that up here yesterday. Be safe! Stay inside and play Neopets. :P

Do any of you just ever stop and realize that your life is pretty awesome? :D I love it when I feel like this.

And I just got a haircut. That might not seem like a big deal, but it was halfway down my chest, and now it's way above my shoulders. :) I was so nervous, but I love it.

I love having short hair. I did something fairly similar a few years back and haven't let it grow out since. It's just so much fun. :P

I'm going to a karaoke pancake dinner at a local comic book shop tonight. I think that makes me feel like my life is pretty awesome.

Cutting off a lot of hair is definitely so nice!

I had short hair (Anywhere from shoulder to chin length) for about 3-4 years, before I started growing it out, just to be easy. It got to the point where it was super long, and I never, ever, wore it down. I always put it up in some form each day and the weight gave me headaches, since my hair is so thick.

Finally, about a month ago, I went in and cut it about to my chin again. 10 inches gone (And donated to Locks of Love, which I wasn't expecting there to be enough for.) It was a very literal weight off and so much more fun. :D

I can't even imagine myself with short hair. My face is too chubby. I weigh, like 220 pounds and my dad says that women who have weight on them don't look good with short hair.

A person at school asked me how long I will keep my hair long until I cut it and I told them it was nunya ;)

I'm in the opposite situation. I've always had short hair (well, it's been long at times, but mostly short) and now I feel like it could be fun to let it grow. So that's what I'm doing. It's got a kind of awkward length right now.

Try trimming your hair a tiny bit (under a centimeter) every 2 months. It'll help it to grow faster :D

I can't even imagine myself with short hair. My face is too chubby. I weigh, like 220 pounds and my dad says that women who have weight on them don't look good with short hair.

A person at school asked me how long I will keep my hair long until I cut it and I told them it was nunya ;)

That's complete nonsense! I think that the whole thing about larger women looking 'better' with long hair is kind of the same thing as them looking better in black- it's a way to make them hide.

My girlfriend is fairly heavy, and she looks amazing with short hair.

There is a fab tumblr that is dedicated to fat people posting photos of their hair. It's not short hair specific, but lots of them do have short hair- and they are fabulous looking.

Linkie! The URL has swearing in it, just so you're all aware!

No pressure or anything- you should never cut your hair if you don't want to, or in a way that you don't want to, but I want tropes like that to die a little death. :P Fat ladies can look amazing with any length hair.

That's complete nonsense! I think that the whole thing about larger women looking 'better' with long hair is kind of the same thing as them looking better in black- it's a way to make them hide.

My girlfriend is fairly heavy, and she looks amazing with short hair.

There is a fab tumblr that is dedicated to fat people posting photos of their hair. It's not short hair specific, but lots of them do have short hair- and they are fabulous looking.

Linkie! The URL has swearing in it, just so you're all aware!

No pressure or anything- you should never cut your hair if you don't want to, or in a way that you don't want to, but I want tropes like that to die a little death. :P Fat ladies can look amazing with any length hair.

They all look so confident with their bodies. I wear a clothing size 18/20, but am starting a diet today to drop 10 pounds just for personal reasons. I wish I could be confident all the time with my clothing size >.<

All this talk of short hair! :O *clings to 30 inches of hair* I've been growing mine long ever since I was a kid. I couldn't stand to cut it short! I've actually considered it on occasion, just to make things easier, but I'm worried that if I hate the short look (I'm thinking I'd probably try pixie if anything) I'd have a long awkward period waiting for it to grow to a workable length again. :guiltysmiley: My hair grows slowly.

All this talk of hair. Ah, I need a hair cut soon. :P Currently my hair is pretty long, it goes all the way down to the small of my back. I like my long hair though and I tried cutting it short in the past, but I don't think it suited me well. Usually what I'll do is keep my length and add in some short choppy layers and some really subtle blonde highlights.

Rebecca - I love the link! Thanks for sharing it. It annoys the heck out of me when I am browsing through hairstyles at the beauty salon and all of them feature skinny women. Every single one. Like you said, it's a way to make them hide. Just like they should wear black, shouldn't wear plaid or horizonatal lines, etc. It's just plain ridiculous!

Edit: Sorry Spritzie. Didn't mean to get carried away there. :* Thank you for changing the word for me.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

One thing I do miss about long hair is the ability to put it up in fun ways. I see all these awesome braids and such around and I miss be able to do that. However I don't think I'd take the time to do it anyway so I suppose that point is moot.

I think anyone can look good in any length hair, it's just a matter of how you wear it.

My hair grows super fast so I'm getting it cut every 3 months or so to keep it in the a-line I like. Funny that others have the opposite problem.

Speaking of hair, does anyone have their hair dyed? I've never personally dyed mine, but I've always thought it would be cool to dye it blue. Especially if I had the ponytail. :P

@Naamah: No, I didn't, though mainly because I don't really buy anything anymore on Neopets. :P