Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

In history, we just finished the bloodiest battle of the American Civil War. Depressing stuff. Pictures and videos and everything. :sick01: And I thought I wanted to be a doctor.

Lol.

The shortest war in history lasted 40 minutes. It was between Britain and a REALLY small country.

apparently that country no longer exists though

and the longest one is 116 years, Britain and France

and it began in the year 1337 :O

Oy, I dont like history. No, I like history, I dont like my teacher. He is this crazy guy who is always rubbing his bald head and spraying disgusting dandriff everywhere! :sick01: (I dont know how he has it cuz he is bald!) Thank God I dont sit in the front. :laughingsmiley:

I don't like history because I'm absolutely horrible with dates, names and the like. Even when I'm coming up with backstory for stuff in my writing, I tend to try and avoid specific dates and names. xD

Did you just reference the Hundred Years' War? You're awesome Tyler :P

I like history. Especially if you look at different movements or time periods, because it's interesting to see how society has changed. I would agree though, most teachers do make it boring. I've just had the luck of having the ones that make it awesome.

Well, I like to think that I actually manage to make my backstory interesting when I tell it, but Livvy can probably attest to my lack of history-retelling skill. xD

I did a history degree at uni, so I'm a teensy bit biased. I can understand why people don't like it if they don't have good teachers though. I had some brilliant history teachers at school so really enjoyed it. I'm hopeless with dates, but thankfully learning history for me wasn't full of learning names, dates & places! (Well, it isn't at the moment, but the 'new' govt. are apparently wanting it to go back to being like that *sigh*). I had an amazing tutor when I was studying the Anglo-Saxons at Uni, he's one of the world's leading academics on the topic, but he's quite eccentric; he once got up in the middle of one of our sessions, hunted around his room for a while then came back holding a human skull and said 'Feel this! Go on...feel it!' lol. He gave us tea & biscuits too, nom. History is good :)

Sounds like I've been missing out on quite a bit. xD Maybe I should reconsider a career in archaeology...

I wanted to be an archaeologist, but it's so badly paid & so difficult to get funding for digs that I figured a history degree would be more sensible. The crazy tutor guy was an archaeologist as well as a historian, so he had all sorts of amazing stuff around his room from digs that he'd done, it was great. I always love the idea that when you're holding an artefact you're touching something that people hundreds, even thousands of years ago touched...all the hands that will have touched it, it's mind boggling.

I've never really liked history. My teachers were generally boring, and I've never been able to remember dates and such, and that's what they always stressed. I could retell stories and such, but never details such as dates.

Tbh I really like history. Atleast I prefer it to math, science, gym, ect...

Btw, I found a college in New York that I really like. It's called the Rochester institute of technology. In like 5 years i'll be in the same state as CAV. WOO! xD

I never minded history, at least I liked it better than Biology though. :P

I have had nightmares about AP calculus homeowrk... xD

And yeah, I take honors english too. I plan on taking that and AP History through highschool. And maybe honors science at some point. Idk, honors science has been pretty easy so far... -shrug-

I dunno, I'm taking AP English, and I think it's just at such a higher level compared to Honors. We're learning so much more, and while it's harder, we're actually learning how to write better. I dunno, AP (at least at my school) is a lot more thought-based, which is really cool. And I dunno, getting straight A's in easier courses doesn't mean much to me, because, it's, well, easier to do. I guess I just like being challenged.

Speaking of challenges that is actually completely unrelated, here's a math riddle for anyone interested:

Using only 8 eights, get 1000.

I'm looking for things that look good on a college app like multiple honors courses and Avid. xD

As far as grades go i'm just looking to be in the top 25% for GPA at my school when I graduate.

Hey, btw, doing math homework. What's a median? xD

As far as I can remember, the median is the number that, if you have a set of numbers in numerical order, is in the middle. So of 1234567 it'd be the 4. I think if there are two numbers in the middle you add them together, divide by two, and the answer is the median. Maths isn't my strong suit though, ugh.