Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I'm just a boring old newbie programmer here. xD

It's always nice to see this board still going strong, haha.

METROID! *tackle* It's great to see you're still going strong too! :P

Thanks Theo. But base switch? I'm not even quite sure what that is :eh:

I was hoping 88888888 in one base (binary, octal, etc.) would be exactly 1000 in some other base. xD

Did anyone else see something about an SQL error when they came here earlier or did I just finally lose it?

You're not alone - our servers were taking a bit of a hammering, but it should be all right now. :yes:

I remember visiting my second cousin's farm in Ireland when I was little and asking him what happened if the tractor got a flat tyre...next day the tyre on one of the huge back wheels got punctured & he had to spend all day getting it changed. I was convinced that it was my fault for wanting to know what would happen. Clearly the jokes about overloading the server had the same effect, lol.

I bought the sword and traded it for my husband's PB. (It actually ended up leaving me with 5k more points, because I was going to buy him the Petpet, if I got the PB.) And the petpet, which is on Aitvara. Other than that, I haven't used my points yet. But I'm going to use them on things I want to keep. Since this is my first plot, I want to keep the prizes. I'm good with spending hours playing games for my NP.

I'm a hoarder too. I've been going through my SDB the last few weeks and selling everything I don't want/need. I've made tons of NP, plus my SDB is getting cleaned out. (And it makes space for my plot prizes.)

Haha yeah, law's always been hard for me, probably because I disagree with a lot of laws (that and I can't memorize/read them).

Interesting fact, apparently the Supreme Court considers the U.S. Constitution a dead document, even though at school teachers tell us it's still a living one.

Interesting... well a lot of judges go by precedent - previous rulings - this days. It seems to be a bit of a debate in law/politics.

Things tend to go into my SDB and just languish there. I'll occasionally find something really valuable and sell it off, but things mostly just lie around gathering Neo-dust. :P

haha I like the way you put this. I'm the same way!

My shop holds 80 items. I decided not to expand it since I don't often have it full anyway. What I do is fill it, then as things sell (I usually wait until there's 10-20 empty spots) I add that many more things. I've been doing that for a couple weeks now.

I love having a SDB full of junk. I'm a hopeless collector, and I tend to buy things just because they amuse me. Most of it probably isn't worth very much. I also buy a lot of clothing items, in hopes that they become wearable someday. Unfortunately, TNT seems to prefer making toys and trinkets wearable, rather than clothing. It's less art for them, but less predictable for me. :(

I think restock bans can last for 24 hours or more. It's been so long since I was last restock banned that I don't remember. As of 9:00 this morning, I had been on ban for about 8 hours. I won't be logging in to Neo until I get home from work, so I'll check again then.

Wow, that's a lot longer than I thought. But then again, I never have the patience to refresh in one store every 10 seconds, I just refresh a bunch of different stores once every 5 or 10 minutes and hope to get lucky, not the best method but I don't have the skills yet to be a 'real' restocker. :)

The worst part is that, during the time I was restocking, I didn't even find anything worth buying, so I got banned for refreshing shops, hoping that they restock with anything that I'd be interested in.