Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Thanks Theo. But base switch? I'm not even quite sure what that is :eh:

But yeah, "maths" is more of a British-English thing. Same reasons why they spell color like "colour" - it's just the way it is.

I dunno, I think geometry was like a puzzle for me, and I had to reason with logic to figure out a proof or something.

I think I'm one of those lucky guys that's both. The only reason that I'm doing better in Trig/Precalc is just because I'm actually doing homework (I lost probably about 40 points or so every MP last year in Geometry because I was too lazy to do homework).

We actually don't have Algebra 3 or 4. There's Algebra 1 and 2, then Geometry, then Trig/Precalc. If you got ahead, then you can take Calc or Stats senior year.

What's Algebra 3, 4?

Did anyone else see something about an SQL error when they came here earlier or did I just finally lose it?

Oh btw, interesting story. I was in the school library earlier today with a bunch of friends and were being rather loud and annoying. Then the librarian walks over.

Librarian: You guys are in here everyday just messing around. Now you all can either leave or TAKE A SEAT!

Then my friend Gabe picks up a chair and says: You mean we can have these?

Lol, I atleast found it funny. :P

What's Algebra 3, 4?

Did anyone else see something about an SQL error when they came here earlier or did I just finally lose it?

Usually they number it, per semester. So the first year of Algebra is 1 and 2. And second year is 3,4.

I had it too. I thought my network changed something because it happened right after an update at work.

I never did figure out the college-course numbering system. History 1301? Where did that come from? D:

I can see this now:

Me: "Wait, why are we learning about WWII? I thought this was History 1301."

Professor: "It is."

Me: "Then stick to the year 1301!"

Professor: *headdesk*

Usually they number it, per semester. So the first year of Algebra is 1 and 2. And second year is 3,4.

Oh, that makes sense. We have Algebra 1 and 2, but they're both year-long courses, so I guess our Algebra 1 was your Algebra 1 and 2, and our 2 was your 3 and 4.

And our school had so many credits of certain things required. Like for English/Language, you were required to take 8 credits before you could graduate. So you had to take it all year, every year. 6 credits of math, so I took Algebra 1, 2, 3, 4 and Geometry 1, 2

Oh, maybe we're the same again. School systems must've just been different, because we need half the number of credits to graduate, but a credit is a whole year. I only need three math credits, but I'm going to get four anyway, just cause colleges like that.

I do a lot of things just because a college would like it :mellow:

Well college comes after high school for us. Here its interchangeable with university (I'm assuming there's a difference, because it sounds like you went through college but are still in high school?)

I want to be a doctor. I'm not quite sure just what yet, but it'll be whatever I find most interesting while I'm in med school. Right now, I'm thinking immunology, but that's not really valid since I haven't really learned too much about it yet. Just auto-immune diseases interest me.

I've actually never had a pet, so I've never been to the vet.

My uncle is a vet. He owns a clinic is Arizona.

If I followed family history, I'd have gone to school for computers. But my largest interest in HS, was law. I wanted to either go to law school someday, or become a paralegal.

It started interesting me in HS, when I took a law and order class. And I might at some point. But not right now. There's just too much crazy going on.

But I am thinking about going to the local community college and taking a couple business classes.

Haha yeah, law's always been hard for me, probably because I disagree with a lot of laws (that and I can't memorize/read them).

Interesting fact, apparently the Supreme Court considers the U.S. Constitution a dead document, even though at school teachers tell us it's still a living one.