Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Do they make you read Shakespeare in school over in America or is that just an English thing?

My class spent a section of the year in 7th grade English on Shakespeare. Then my Honors English class freshman year of HS did work with Romeo and Juliet. Neither was all that extensive.

Ooh, the Outsiders! Good book. I didn't like the movie so much, but the book was great. I almost cried for Johnny.

We've done some study on Shakespeare. It's almost always a small part of our high school English classes, and some classes go much more in depth. About it. I'm not the greatest fan of Shakespeare and his lewd jokes, but eh. It's an interesting study, I suppose.

I don't know if it was the wording being difficult to read, or the subject matter, I never could get into Shakespeare.

The Outsiders sounds familiar, but I can't place it. I don't think I read it.

Psst. Happy Birthday TDNTwin, Livvy! :king:

Well it isn't easy to read, and the stories aren't exactly the most coherent or logical plots either, so it's difficult for me to stay interested. I could just blame that on ADHD though. :whistle:

I don't remember the entire plotline, but I remember enjoying it. It was a very good read. =]

And thank you TDNTwin Spritzie! :D I'm 18 today!

Not at the moment. It's a half day at school though, so I may see if I can round up a few of my friends and hang out somewhere. I haven't had any serious birthday celebrations in several years. But it's so close after Christmas, I really don't mind. It would be weird getting presents twice so close together.

I used to always want to have a swim party for my birthday, but you can't have a swim party in the middle of January. :laughingsmiley:

At least you have a half school day. I hope you get to go do something.

My cousin's birthday is the day after Christmas. (And trust me, she hasn't suffered at all.) It was funny, because her family got her a "Baby's First Christmas 1991" ornament. Then she was born the day after. So her first Christmas was actually in 1992. :laughingsmiley:

:laughingsmiley: Yeah they did. It was on their Christmas tree both years I was down there. I laughed every time they put it up.

That does sound nice. *pulls a rocker up beside you* Picking the right color of yarn is tiring. :sleeping_02:

Haha, that's great. I hope your cousin appreciate the humour of her ill timing. :P

Thank you Wemb! *hangs needlepoint on wall* It's lovely.

Ooh, speaking of colourful yarn, I have this GORGEOUS yarn that fades between purple and turquoise and shades in between. Those are my two favourite colours, so I absolutely LOVE the yarn. I just need to get my Knit Knerd friend to do something with it.

She does. We were snickering when we put it up.

My mom helped a friend of hers pick out a yarn for me. (She wanted to make me a scarf.) It was a hot pink yarn, with rainbow colored spots through-out it. It made such a gorgeous scarf. I loved wearing it with my black wool coat.

We didn't get our Christmas tree up this year.

Aww, that's always kind of sad. But just think of all the fun you'll have putting them back on next year!

We can't have a real tree. Mum's got allergies, and the cats would totally destroy any branches they could reach. So we have this cute little fiber-optic tree that changes colours. (The branches and leaves stay the same colour, but the little spurts of colour and the ornaments change.)

EDIT: I'm not a big fan of hot pink (I was always dressed in it as a child), but the rainbow spots sound cool. And I bet it looked great against the black.

Our tree is a pre-lit one. It's actually white, with rainbow colored lights. :D It's really pretty.

It depends for me. I don't like huge amounts of hot pink, but the scarf was just right. Especially with the black.

Ohh, I've seen a few white trees. They are very pretty. I once knew someone who would leave her white one up after New Years and just change the decorations to make it Mardi Gras themed. :laughingsmiley: I also once saw a pink tree that was prelit. It looked... interesting, to say the least.

Perhaps because you already had a sister, your parents didn't go overboard with the "Little girls must wear pink!" thing.

We actually left it up until July last year. It's nice and small, and it was cute in the living room. We didn't pack it up until we were getting ready to move.

My mom did more of the baby pinks. But she also had tons of people thinking my sister was a boy when she was a baby, even if she was dressed in pink. :laughingsmiley:

Real trees smell good, and they seem to somehow mean more. Still, a good fake tree (or just a really cute one) is a good alternative for those with allergies.

I'm apparently allergic to willow trees. o_O Just willow trees. And it's a shame, because I think weeping willows are quite lovely, and my neighbors actually have one in their yard. I just can't touch it.

I have those same year-round allergies. Pollen really gets me. It seems I just always find something to be allergic to. But I'm not allergic to many things specifically. I think my one specific allergy is that willow allergy. Other than that, I just have the boring, generic ones.