Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I remember when they were doing construction in the area right outside my work room. It took me awhile to realize it, but they were stirring up something I was allergic to. I was fine for awhile (I go in at 7, they didn't start working until 10.) But I started noticing anytime I either left our room, or got even close to the door, I couldn't breathe, or stop sneezing. And me and the night shift person after me, had the issues for a couple days. Yet two of the other people on the team that had severe allergies, weren't bothered at all.

So I have no idea what it was.

And allergies are big in my family. Every one of my family members has severe allergies to something. My sister is spiders. My mom is bees. My dad is dogs (he gets a slight rash and sneezes), horses, (Horses cause his skin to crack and bleed.) and melons. (If he eats melons alone, they cause his throat to close up.)

As far as I know I don't have any allergies, and I'm very glad of it! (Of course, now that I've said that, I'll suddenly develop a whole load of them!). I remember someone that I was at Primary School with was allergic to chocolate, I always felt so sorry for her, lol.

Dogs, horses, and melons. Interesting combination. Mum's allergic to anything that bites her. I mean, everyone's allergic to mosquito bites on some level - that's why they get red and itchy. Her reactions are just way out of proportion. A small spider bite can swell up to several centimeters across on her, where it would only be maybe half a centimeter on me.

As far as I know I don't have any allergies, and I'm very glad of it! (Of course, now that I've said that, I'll suddenly develop a whole load of them!). I remember someone that I was at Primary School with was allergic to chocolate, I always felt so sorry for her, lol.

When I was younger, they thought I might be allergic to dairy. But thankfully, I wasn't. Though I grew up with a kid that was. He was severely allergic to tons of things. If anything containing dairy so much as touched his skin, he'd break out. But now he's in his 20s, and he's completely fine. No allergies.

Dogs, horses, and melons. Interesting combination. Mum's allergic to anything that bites her. I mean, everyone's allergic to mosquito bites on some level - that's why they get red and itchy. Her reactions are just way out of proportion. A small spider bite can swell up to several centimeters across on her, where it would only be maybe half a centimeter on me.

My dad was similar to what I mentioned above. When he was younger, he was horribly sick and allergic to foods and such. He actually nearly died. But his mom found him a doctor that put him on a special rotation diet and now he only has pretty much the one food allergy.

I'm that way with mosquitoes. The bites swell HUGE, they get bright red and really hot. And they itch like crazy. (And for some reason, they're attracted to me. No one else will get bitten, or they'll get 1 bite. I'll have at least 7-10.) My sister is that way with spiders. In grade school, she got bit near her elbow. The school sent her home, because it looked like she had a second elbow. And when she got bit on her foot, she couldn't walk and had to take 3 days off work.

Haha, livvy what's up with the centimeters? Going metric on us are you?

Also, the annoying part about my allergies are mostly that I don't really know what it is that I am allergic too. Like pea pods, apples, peaches, and random other fruits/vegeatables. I also get this weird face redness if I eat too much potatoes and sometimes randomly have an allergic reaction to certain things that are corn products <_<

I don't have any food allergies, though someone told me I might have a slight allergy to alcohol. Whenever I have a drink no matter how small of one, my face flushes, and I get a headache. It happens every time. And I don't feel anything other than that. So it's not like I drank too much, as I never have more than 1, and it's always a girly, low alcohol content drink.

It's strange the things that people can be allergic to, or how you can suddenly stop being allergic to something. I was lactose intolerant when I was a baby (useful when that's all that you're meant to be consuming!) but it can't have lasted more than a year or two. This being said, it did take the Doctors ages to work out what was wrong so I was really ill for the first few months of my life, igh.

Its so ridiculous with the doctors trying to figure out what you're allergic too. They are just like well, if you have a reaction to something then don't eat it but I keep trying to tell them that it doesn't happen every time, then they just think I'm crazy <_<

I've been talking to Theo so much that I've taken to describing things in metrics and spelling colour with a u. :P

*giggles* Spritzie, for some reason the concept of a girly drink amused me. I imagined a pink cocktail with a little skirt going around and flirting with all the other drinks. :laughingsmiley: And I suppose an alcohol allergy could be a good thing. At least you'll never be tempted to drink too much.

It is odd how you can grow in and out of an allergy. I don't quite understand how allergies work, so I guess there could be a reason for them suddenly disappearing, but it seems strange.

I used to have to go to an allergist. And I got weekly allergy shots. I don't know if they still do this, but back when I was younger, to do an allergy test, they'd make a ton of marker dots on your back in rows (while you're laying down) then put drops of solutions with allergens in them, then would prick your back under the drops. Then they'd wait and see what you'd react to, and how severely. I hated that with a passion.

*giggles* Spritzie, for some reason the concept of a girly drink amused me. I imagined a pink cocktail with a little skirt going around and flirting with all the other drinks. :laughingsmiley: And I suppose an alcohol allergy could be a good thing. At least you'll never be tempted to drink too much.

Ehhh, close enough. My favorite drink is red/pink. And all fruity. You know, whipped cream, a strawberry on top. On vacations, they have umbrellas. :laughingsmiley:

If it helps, it was a very cute girly drink. :P

@CAV: Some things are most amusing without context. xD

Ashkadiddle, the caterpillar. Yes. I hated that. >_< They take this caterpillar looking thing with a bunch of needles for legs and poke you over and over again with different allergens. That was so not fun.

I'd be in serious trouble if I was allergic to trees or pollen. I'm nearly immune to mosquito bites now. The occasional one will swell and get itchy for half an hour, then disappear again.

I don't have very many allergies. I'm allergic to perfumes and a lot of scented products. Otherwise, I think I'm mildly allergic to soy, but nothing else.

I wish my bites went away that quickly. Mine bother me for days, sometimes over a week. And it hasn't changed since I was a kid. 2 summers ago, I got a ton of bites down in Florida, some which I had for 2 weeks. Then I got some by a creek here, and those swelled horribly.

I hate bites. It was always me and my Mum that got bitten, my Dad was always fine. It's been a while since I've been anywhere that I'd get bitten much though now, I've given up on particularly hot places, lol.

Blackflies still give me horrible welts when they bite. I hardly got any bites from them this past summer, but last year was brutal. I came home every day with more bites. They like to crawl under clothing too, so I was never safe.

Oh, and happy birthday, Livvy!!!