Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Like Wembly said, there's nothing wrong with it. It's just a harder subject for a lot of people to get into. And your sports thread. It wouldn't be dying if you took your football conversation there. It'd be getting tons of posts. :P

But anyway, I'm sorry about your jaw :( My back is out currently. I feel easily twice my age some days after work. On Monday, I came home whining that my shoulder, lower back, wrist, hip, knee and ankle (all on the left side) hurt. :laughingsmiley:

xD

Incidentally I also like most sports...except basketball...mainly because no one else in my family watched it when I was younger...

Same. I hate basketball. I enjoy playing it, but I'd never sit down to watch it.

so...going for the gross factor, I dislocated my jaw yesterday while puking, how's that for a subject change :sick01:

..........Ew........and sorry.

I don't really want the topic to be broken things and puking. Seeing how I haven't puked in 4 years and I've only broken a bone once.

Korea's National Sport = StarCraft. :P

I figured the national sport would've been baseball, seeing how you guys are awesome at the sport.

@CAV

Michael Vick was in the dog fighting thing. He's an amazing quarter back but that dosen't mean i'm gonna like him. -shrug-

I didn't say anything about Vick....:/

Like Wembly said, there's nothing wrong with it. It's just a harder subject for a lot of people to get into. And your sports thread. It wouldn't be dying if you took your football conversation there. It'd be getting tons of posts. :P

Well, how do you think I feel when the discussion is scallops or high school problems or college? I can't get into the conversation at all. It's impossible. And then I feel left out, I leave the place for DS or to play games, and then when I come back I end up noticing that somebody replied to a PM hours ago, and then it turns out they are offline and I can't talk to them.

That's honestly the biggest problem about being a guy on TDN. You girls claim it's hard to get into a topic about games or sports, but there are several more topics that I can't talk about because I'm a guy. Most topics are harder to get into, and then when we finally do get a topic to get into, somebody bursts in and says it's not a good one, then changes the topic and I got nothing to say about it. :P

And notice how the person that is usually the last to post there is me. Since I cannot double post, and nobody else takes an interest in the topic, it slowly dies. Come to think of it, most topics die after I'm the last to post in them.......

I can't really discuss scallops, high school or college either. :P

I can talk sports, just not football. I know nothing about it. I'm at least semi-knowledgeable about basketball and baseball because I used to play those for teams when I was younger.

And I know nothing about basketball, scallops, puking, or dislocating bones.

There are certain topics that certain people can't get into all the time. And that happens far too many times to me because say what you want, but us guys are outnumbered. :P When I try to change the topic, it tends to be ignored and tossed aside, and you continue with the conversation about high school problems. :P

I know nothing about baseball, basketball or American football because they don't really exist here. I only know that American football looks like a messed up version of rugby and baseball looks like rounders on steroids.

We'll be ok when the Olympics are on in 2012 because pretty much everyone will have their country being represented, assuming it's not just me that bothers to watch the good stuff from athletics...

The only Olympics' I ever watched was 2008 and 2010, mostly because only now that I'm older can I appriciate other sports. When I was younger it was all baseball and nothing else.

I know nothing about baseball, basketball or American football because they don't really exist here. I only know that American football looks like a messed up version of rugby and baseball looks like rounders on steroids.

American Football is similar to rugby.

And baseball is my favorite sport, and it's great. But you have those few people that take steriods and mess it up for everyone else.

BarryBonds1.jpg

alex-rodriguez-angry.jpg

Must I say any more?

Have just been trying to look up what the differences between softball, baseball & rounders are. Brain implosion.

I don't get why sports people take performance enhancing drugs, it ruins it for everyone, and the whole point of these sorts of activities is to push people to the limit & see what the human body is capable of naturally, not to see what chemicals can make us do *sigh*. I guess the pressure to perform well must be tough though.

The rules are a tiny bit different. Generally (not always) softball is more for females. The ball is larger and "softer". (Softer being relative. I got hit in the collarbone with one once. It hurt and I had bruise with the stitching from the ball.) Also I believe softball is pitched under-hand, instead of over-hand. And there's also slow-pitch and fast-pitch. I played fast pitch.

I don't get why sports people take performance enhancing drugs, it ruins it for everyone, and the whole point of these sorts of activities is to push people to the limit & see what the human body is capable of naturally, not to see what chemicals can make us do *sigh*. I guess the pressure to perform well must be tough though.

People take drugs because they want to be a better player or to be famous or to break a record. And the better the player, the more money an organization will pay to have them on the team. In the end, it all comes back to wanting more money, like everything in the world.

BarryBonds1.jpg

Barry Bonds took steriods because he wanted to beat Hank Aaron's career home run record (715), and he did it. And even though he beat the record with steroids and everybody knows this, the record still stands. Personally, I think Bonds should have the record taken away from him, and given back to Aaron, someone whom worked hard to get the record.

alex-rodriguez-angry.jpg

Alex Rodriguez took steroids when he was on the Texas Rangers to become a better player, hence get more money. He holds the record for the largest sports contract in the history of sports, where the Yankees paid 275,000,000 USD (171.681858 million British pounds) for a 10 year contract.

Wow, I would've thought that if you only got the record title by cheating they'd take it off you again. Seems rather unfair. I'm sure I've heard of record titles being taken back because of cheating in other sports.

Found an article:

With all of the speculation surrounding Barry Bonds, it'd be understandable if Hank Aaron wanted his title of all-time home run leader restored. After all, the 715 career homers he blasted were powered only by adrenaline and natural power.

But Aaron tells the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he doesn't want his old record back. ""If you did that, you'd have to go back and change all kinds of records, and the [home run] record was very important to me," Aaron said. "It's probably the most hallowed record out there, as far as I'm concerned, but it's now in the hands of somebody else. It belongs to Barry. No matter how we look at it, it's his record, and I held it for a long time. But my take on all of this has always been the same. I'm not going to say that Barry's got it because of this or because of that, because I don't know."

It seems like Aaron has remained very classy through this whole process and he should be commended him for his humility. On the other hand, if Bonds is found guilty of using banned substances, why shouldn't commissioner Bud Selig make Aaron's 715 the benchmark again? It sure would be nice to live in a world where sports' most important record was free of taint.

Seems as though Aaron is being modest.

Interesting stuff. It does seem like he's being very modest and non-judgemental about it. I think if I were him I'd be pretty mad. I suppose if everyone knows that his record was only beaten by a cheat he doesn't need to make a fuss about it though, because The fact that someone had to cheat do better just makes him and what he achieved look even better.

I don't think I've ever cheated on anything that actually mattered, the only thing I can remember is cheating on a board game once when I was younger, and then I felt so guilty that I made myself lose, lol. There's no sense of achievement if you win/do well at something because you've cheated.