Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

The topic of discussion coming back to food all the time is one of those TDN Laws. It's inevitable.

I'm working on the 4th, though since it's a Wednesday, it's one of my half days, so I'll be off by 1pm. I don't have any plans though, probably just staying home, and maybe catching some fireworks, if there are any. But I kinda doubt there will, due to all the fires. They canceled them last year.

Do you guys normally get any sort of long weekend or holiday for the 4th of July, or time-and-a-half if you work? Up here, Canada Day falls on a Sunday this year, but I still get Monday off because of it. :)

My 4th will suck, because we are in a drought so we have had a 'burn ban' put in effect. If you shoot off fireworks and start a fire, you'll be paying for it. BIGTIME. :mellow:

Which really sucks, 'cause my Grandpa died on the 4th a few years back and we'd always shoot off all the big fireworks in memory of him 'cause he liked big explosions. :rolleyes_anim:

Personally, I don't get any holidays off. My work group is 24/7/365. So if a holiday falls on one of my regular days, I have to be there. (Or request it off, and find someone to cover it for me.) But we get an additional 8 hours of holiday pay, whether we work it or not.

Generally, most places give the day off.

Personally, I don't get any holidays off. My work group is 24/7/365. So if a holiday falls on one of my regular days, I have to be there. (Or request it off, and find someone to cover it for me.) But we get an additional 8 hours of holiday pay, whether we work it or not.

Generally, most places give the day off.

Wow, that would suck! :mellow:

Being a babysitter, the kid just texts me like the night before. And if something is coming up, I just tell his mom and she's all like "OK, that's fine!"

So, I kinda got it easy. :laughingsmiley:

I really don't mind it. Holidays aren't really a big deal to me. Plus, since we're 24/7, we work 12 hour shifts, which means I have 3.5 days off a week. So I really can't complain.

I really don't mind it. Holidays aren't really a big deal to me. Plus, since we're 24/7, we work 12 hour shifts, which means I have 3.5 days off a week. So I really can't complain.

That's not too bad! Lots of time for fun stuff in between then :D lol

Hmmm, this is weird to crave when I'm hungover, but I fancied some mini chicken kievs, a slice of garlic bread and a greek salad. Just finished eating it and I already feel better! Yay :D

Probably going to a barbeque.

YESSS!! MY 7TH AVATAR IN 4 DAYS!!!

I got lent BGC a few days ago. Then the next day my best friend lent me her BD set and I got the Meerca Henchman avvie, as well as the Battle Faerie avvie in the process. Then she lent me Draik, and the next day Krawk. And my other friend set me up and I got lent Orange Grundo through the pound. :D

Earlier today I got the Eliv Thade game avatar, and just a few minutes ago I got the Turtum avvie from the Bullseye game. And tomorrow the eprson who lent OG is lending me Grey through the Pound, and my DC friend is lending my Desert Ruki.

I'll have 252 avatars at the end of the day tomorrow, and I had 243 at the start of the week. ^_^

Keep on going on with those avatars! I do have several game avatars like the Feed Florg one I got in my first return to Neopets in 2005-2006, the Chia Bomber 2 one, the Nimmo's Pond one, the Dubloon Disaster one, and the one for Meepit Juice Break for example.

Another person whose birthday falls on a holiday, and you get the day off of work, too. Here's hoping that your birthday barbecue is a great one! I also have a friend on another site who also has a birthday on that day, too.

Happy birthday, a little early! :D A BBQ sounds fun.

My birthday is mid July and due to the day it falls on, I'll be at work for 12 hours.

Thank you! Happy early birthday to you! ;) I'm sorry you have to work a 12 hour day on your birthday though. :/

Another person whose birthday falls on a holiday, and you get the day off of work, too. Here's hoping that your birthday barbecue is a great one! I also have a friend on another site who also has a birthday on that day, too.

Thanks! The weather is saying it's supposed to rain, hopefully it won't. I know a couple of people myself that have a birthday on the 4th, as well. Seems oddly common. :P

Happy Birthday guys who are celebrating it soon! I go on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks ish so I won't be around to wish you it then.

Speaking of birthdays, in 40+ minutes it's my boyfriends birthday :O

Okay guys I recently had an epileptic seizure. This was my first seizure in a very long time. So if I'm not online often it's because I am still recovering.

That's possible?

...I should stop staying awake until 2 in the morning *shudder*

I don't have epilepsy but i think it is possible to have a seizure even if you're not..

I should stop talking about things i barely know about. :/

On the other hand, I started reading homestuck.