Donate vs Discard ???

Angeló

190 members have voted

1. 1. Donate or Discard ??

• Donate
    • Discard

I always discard. I don't think people want dung, dailies' items, junk, etc. floating around at the Money Tree. Personally, when I surf around at the money tree I hate to see junk from dailies and just junk in general. :)

I always donate because I know that some people are trying to get the rubbish avatar and others just like collecting what to me seems like junk

Currently discarding the junk items (never food) since I'm aiming for the Rubbish avatar, but after that, I'll be donating the mostly useful ones (like 1NP TCGs, wearables, etc.) and continue discarding the non-usable ones. :whistle:

I prefer to put it in my shop and sell it. Between the packrat and junk avatars, 1 np items move pretty fast and it generates more traffic for my shop. However, I always discard map pieces for the forgotten shore - don't remember why I started, but it's habit now!

I discard because, like a lot of the other recent posters noted, I'm after the rubbish avatar! Plus there's way too many junk items out there - I'm sure more get created than discarded every day, so discarding feels like a tiny way to help drag those numbers down.

Ever since the Junk avatar became available I have been discarding more than donating. Before the junk avatar became available I donated approximately 90% of the time rather than discard. Ever since that avatar became available, I have discarded at least 50K items but still don't have the avatar. Maybe that's a glitch.

Also I have never been able to grab any item worth more than 1 NP from the Money Tree nor from the Second Hand Shop. That goes along with my never being able to buy an expensive item from a shop. This leads to me sometimes wondering if the rumors about illegal programs floating around the web are true. I'm on a fast computer and have a fast enough connection so those whisperings seem to be a possibility and very unfair if true. :(

I always donate. There's always a NeoPets newbie out there could use...whatever.

Dcoolb- I love your Hissi!

I almost always donate, because there are junk collectors out there and you never know what someone might be collecting for fun. I personally like sand bottles. If I see one, I grab it. Also, you never know if someone's going for the rubbish avatar. It helps them out.

I always donate money to the tree when I have some to spare (usually between 80 and 500 NP).

I only discard when it's something like the rotten shoes, broken sailboats, or the broken rod from the Fishing Pond.

I tend to donate~barring the occasional rotten shoe or broken fishing rod. And I donate stuff just about daily~clothing, money, toys, food. I figure someone may need it (and my pets are PICKY about what they will eat, wear or even PLAY with....) so it's better to put it where someone can find it.

• 4 months later...

I donate food but I discard items that are completely useless like the ferns you get from underwater fishing.

i've been collecting junk for the rubbish avatar, so i don't do either right now. but if i were done with it, i'd probably donate everything so others trying for the avatar don't have to search for 1np shops. it's funny how the avatar promotes ridding the site of space-wasting junk items but it also makes us hoard it. lol.

i personally discard all junk ... and only donate items worth around 200-500 np (some esophagor quest prizes) to the money tree ... junk is hugely reproduced on a daily basis (imagine how many people play tombola and fishing etc) and we don't need anymore of those items cluttering up the money tree and the shops , trading post etc ...

That's a good point, I never thought about junk donations cluttering the Neopets website that way. Right now I'm "saving" up for the pack rat avatar, so I kind of have an affinity for junk from the Money Tree. When I'm done I'll discard (isn't there an avatar for that too??)

I always donate. The money tree is so often empty, so I figure someone must be taking all that junk! Plus, someone could use it for getting the packrat avvie, or for feeding to their skeith, grarrl, or other pet that eats anything. It's also good for trading post trades.

I discard junk because I so often see the Money Tree littered with junk donations. Honestly, what I think happens when someone donates their junk is that someone will take it and then discard it to clean out the Money Tree. Now that I have Packrat, I'm probably going to start doing that with my 10 grabs a day since I still need Rubbish.

Discard because the avvie :P

Also, discarding is good. It helps clear TNT's database (why the Rubbish avatar existed in the first place). Anddddd sometimes we donate, donate, maybe hoard, then donate an item. It goes to a forever cycle until it becomes discarded.

Discard because the avvie :P

Also, discarding is good. It helps clear TNT's database (why the Rubbish avatar existed in the first place). Anddddd sometimes we donate, donate, maybe hoard, then donate an item. It goes to a forever cycle until it becomes discarded.

That's how I feel. I either discard or sell it for one NP, depending on how many other items the junk is lumped with when I use quickstock. If the junk doesn't sell, then I take it out and discard it after a few days. It usually does sell though, since there are still a lot of people who need the packrat and rubbish avatars.

• 2 weeks later...