Donate vs Discard ???

Angeló

190 members have voted

1. 1. Donate or Discard ??

• Donate
    • Discard

I discard any item worth less than 300 unless it's a book or none-gross food item. Those can be used for good despite how obtainable they are. It's just so worthless to keep these worthless items in existence, especially when you're throwing the items at mostly new users hoping for some nice things. I know Neo isn't real and all that, but seriously, would you throw only your junk items for the poor? It just seems cheap. :guiltysmiley:

I don't get why people just don't discard them anyway. They go to the vast oblivion of nothingness. If I donate, it's to be useful. Because I enjoyed the Giving Tree when I was a new users due to the good things some people put in.

It's just so worthless to keep these worthless items in existence, especially when you're throwing the items at mostly new users hoping for some nice things.

My thoughts exactly!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Quotes do not contribute to the word count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I agree that it's kind of rude to bulk donate junk items. I'll donate if it's an item that someone can find a use for, like food or a book, but for items like fishing junk, I'll typically discard. Occasionally if I have a lot of junk I'll put it up in a trade to help people going for packrat.

im honestly too lazy to do both, i usually use the quick stock when im sure i got everyone i want in the SDB and i just click the one that selects everything in my inventory. if it's mainly stuff like obsidien rock or something i discard, if there are lots of omlettes and jellies i donate :)

I'm pretty much a true pack rat. Even after getting the avatar, I couldn't break myself of the habit of just chucking every item into my SBD if I didn't need it right then.

So, to answer your question, neither donate nor discard.

(As you can imagine, my SBD is filled with a lot of junk. But since I forget what I put in, I sometimes make nice discoveries when I look through it from time to time.)

I donate everything. I remember when I was a Neopets n00bie, and I got all my items from the Money Tree. All the worthless junk they had there soon became mine, and it made me so happy to get free items that I really liked.

I donate so that, hopefully, other newbies can feel the same joy that I used to have.

• 4 weeks later...

I generally end up discarding junk from dailies because really, there's way too much of them flying around Neopia already and they're not really doing anything. But stuff like food dropped from an RE or something that I think a newbie would find useful, I chuck it at the Money Tree. It's really not that hard anyway if you're using Quickstock xP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to donate, until the new avatar came out. I figure once I've managed to get that, I'll switch back to donating. I like donating, because I actually remember when I was 8 or 9 managing to get an old thong from the tree, and being so excited that I'd managed to grab something. Wow, that was long ago.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to donate, until the new avatar came out. I figure once I've managed to get that, I'll switch back to donating. I like donating, because I actually remember when I was 8 or 9 managing to get an old thong from the tree, and being so excited that I'd managed to grab something. Wow, that was long ago.

ditto. that's exactly like me too :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Quotes do not contribute to the word count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Now, because of the new avatar, I'm throwing everything in my shop! It's nice to be making even a small profit on things I would've otherwise given away. I'll wait until the solution for the avatar becomes available, then maybe I'll go back to my old ways!

• 2 weeks later...