Snow!!!!!

Secre

Haha. I wish it snowed near San Francisco. When it does snow (and these are only flurries, mind you) facebook statuses explode and people consider skipping school. :laughingsmiley:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, I am soo jealous!

About two years ago I (and my houston hot weather self) went up to South Dakota in July.

I mean, it's july, it should be hot, right?

Boy was I in for a shock when it snowed. I had to be lent boots, scarfs, earmuffs, the whole nine yards :woot:

When it does snow (and these are only flurries, mind you) facebook statuses explode and people consider skipping school

You all too! :P

Haha. I wish it snowed near San Francisco. When it does snow (and these are only flurries, mind you) facebook statuses explode and people consider skipping school. :laughingsmiley:

I know the feeling. I used to live in Arizona. I remember one time, it snowed, and we had the misfortune to be in Russian class with our teacher who was from Russia. She didn't get it. We were all like "It's snowing!!!" and she's all "Yes, yes, it's snowing, now back to class". We're like "But, it's SNOWING!" So we didn't get to stare at the snow.

It's supposed to start snowing like wicked for me again tonight.

I made a snowman yesterday though: (and yeah, I'm 19, I still wanted to make a snowman darnit!)

167089_10150122629251055_518316054_8180949_3637988_n.jpg

(edit, sorry is this too big?? I was going to use "spoiler" to make it so only those who wanted to view could view, but I forgot how to...)

@rugrat0ne: That looks beautiful! :D

It's supposed to start snowing like wicked for me again tonight.

Are you from the Boston area, too? I'm expecting a snow day tomorrow because of the tons of snow we're going to get tonight, and when you used "wicked", I had to make that guess. xD

Of course, I'm not asking where you live or anything, so don't take it that way. ;)

I love seeing all these snowmen pictures. I used to love building them when I was younger. (Except our house was on a school route, so they usually got trashed one the local grade school let out.)

My husband experienced his first snow last winter. (He's from Florida.) The first snow we got that had enough, he was outside for 4 hours with a neighbor building a snowman.

Are you from the Boston area, too? I'm expecting a snow day tomorrow because of the tons of snow we're going to get tonight, and when you used "wicked", I had to make that guess. xD

Of course, I'm not asking where you live or anything, so don't take it that way. ;)

Haha, I knew I couldn't get away with saying that comment-free.

Not Boston; Connecticut, but the tri-state area shares stuff like "wicked" and "grinders."

mmmm grinders...

There was some snowfall last night. It ended rather quickly, and it's sunny now. But the rooftops are covered in snow. And to think, the ice from the last blizzard has yet to completely melt.

a town litterally 30 minutes form where i live had a huge blizzard. 5 days with no school/work!

La Di Da... litterally taking to myself... but snow!

i want a snow day...

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not triple post. Use the edit button if you wish to add something to your post.

And keep your posts at lesat 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I've always wished it snowed where I live. But I guess I don't think about the more downside-ish parts of it. Like having to dig your car out from under 32494358 feet of snow in the morning before school. :mellow:

Edit: Well. I guess if there's that much snow, you're not going to be going much of anywhere. Wow I think good late at night. /fail grammar.

You never know, Domino. My school district used to have a superintendent from Alaska. He almost never canceled school, even when he should have. Then it was up to the parents to decide whether it was safe or not. (Which it often wasn't.)

You never know, Domino. My school district used to have a superintendent from Alaska. He almost never canceled school, even when he should have. Then it was up to the parents to decide whether it was safe or not. (Which it often wasn't.)

My school rarely shut (unless it was a legal requirement like the boiler going down!). So many times I was the only one in my class who'd turned up because school wasn't cancelled and my Dad's insane!

The year before we got the guy from Alaska, we actually had so many snow days that school year, that they had to extend the school year by a couple days. So I think that added to the fact he was from Alaska and wasn't afraid of a few dozen feet of snow.

My parents were extra careful. If my mom thought it was iffy, she wouldn't take us. But if my dad was around, he could take us if he thought it was safe. Otherwise, we stayed home.

it snowed a little last night, only about an inch but it looks really pretty :D

wasn't expecting to get more snow since i got back to school, and we're in a valley :(

Where I live, I've gotten two or three big snowstorms so far this Winter. Schools were shut down in my area this past Friday as of recently.

I'm also checking up on the daily forecast for more winry blasts in my area.