Snow!!!!!

Secre

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had around 18 inches of snow here from the end of November until the beginning of January, when it started melting. It was awful. The UK grinds to a halt when there is the slightest flurry, so imagine what this was like! There are still patches lying around, which have solidified to ice. The temperature is still struggling to get above freezing so it'll be lying there for a while, I think!

woohoo it's snowing again!!! :D *dances* now if only classes were canceled lol xDD

last year our governor of the state cancelled school for ALL colleges, our school managed to get that repealed for our school because "it wasnt that bad out" only to cancel starting at 1. it stopped snowing by then. and all my classes were before 1 :angry: i was not pleased.

last year our governor of the state cancelled school for ALL colleges, our school managed to get that repealed for our school because "it wasnt that bad out" only to cancel starting at 1. it stopped snowing by then. and all my classes were before 1 :angry: i was not pleased.

Awww man that really sucks!! :( I'm sorry... :sad01_anim:

Last year, we had one snow day! It was the day of the organic chemistry exam...Unfortunately, I had already arranged to take it earlier in the morning, so when I got to the exam room, I found out that classes were cancelled. I still had to take the test then, but everyone else got an extra day to study. *is still aggravated*

I live in Syracuse, NY, which on average gets about 20 more inches of snow than anywhere else in the country...literally snow about 6 months of the year.

A few years back, we had snow on the ground for 5.5 months roughly. worst. winter. ever! :(

It snowed again for us last night. Really pretty and fluffy, but of course the roads are horrid. Our snowplows don't really do their jobs here. It was about 10 degrees C two days ago, and this morning it was -30 C. I had to scrape the *inside* of my windshield because apparently frost on the outside just wasn't cutting it. XP

I'm really hating snow right now. It's my own fault, I guess. I've been stalling and stalling on raking the roof and shoveling the deck, and now I *have* to do it, because the realtor's coming on Sunday with people wanting to see the house, and we're expecting more snow tomorrow. What I'm trying to shovel is waist-high snow, with an ice crust about halfway down. Ack. I'm all sweaty just from raking the porch roof.