Snow!!!!!

Secre

Not in New York. We only had one instance of sleet before this.

February 2010, dude. Around 20 inches of snow.

I can understand that you forgot, though. By this time of the year, everything before the Summer seems to mesh together. I'm starting to lose track of what happened on what years V_V

Spritzie- That sounds wonderful. I'm jealous.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

February 2010, dude. Around 20 inches of snow.

No. January is the only instance that New York City got snowfall, and that was only about 6 inches. Upstate may have gotten it, but we only had minor notes of sleet from February on.

The last blizzard that NY had was in 2004 I believe. If not, then the blizzards following it were really crappy, and don't really catagorize as blizzards.

Oh THAT snowfall. Bloomberg cancelled the schools overnight, but it stopped instantly, and in the end there wasn't a lot of snow. Maybe that explains why I don't remember such things. And it was mostly upstate. Central Park was the only area that had a lot of snow. I don't count it as a blizzard since there wasn't a lot of snow where I am (Brooklyn). It was just a normal snowfall for me.

Digging out cars is no fun. It's even less fun in the morning when you have to go to work. The first real snowfall this year turned out to be like that for me. We got about 12" of snow overnight. I had cleaned the car off at around 9 pm to give my sister a ride somewhere, and my husband had to help me dig it out in the morning so that I could get to work on time. The roads weren't very clear either. Yay for snow tires and AWD!!!

masaryk_the_mad- Ah that sucks. I had to do something similar yesterday- except instead of a car it was a fence.

It was either

1-dig out that fence or

2-suffer from the smell of death coming out of the garbage can. :skull:

Try to note that Brooklyn is right next to Manhattan. I'm guessing that you live upstate.

heh. So are two other boroughs. >;]

I'm not sharing where I live, so you can assume whatever.

heh. So are two other boroughs. >;]

I'm not sharing where I live, so you can assume whatever.

Exactly. Queens is the only exception.

That's fine. But judging that you were near Manhattan during the last so called "blizzard", I would suspect that you're upstate.

Lordy, here in Houston we basically wear flip flops all year around!

Houston weather right now

71°

Overcast

Wind: SSE 10 mph

Dew point: 66°

Pressure: 29.77 in.

Humidity: 84%

Visibility: 7.0 miles

Pollen: Low

~http://weather.chron.com/US/TX/Houston.html

i hate snow too. my moms car is terrible in it and it likes to fish-tail all the time. i almost fell down my driveway this morning too cause it was super snowy. the other day it all melted and got up to 50! and now its down to below 20 again :(

Woohoo I woke up and it was snowing!! :D Hopefully it'll keep going...i don't really feel like going out tonight lol xDDD

We seem to have gotten rid of all our snow by now! Thank the lord for that I was getting very peeved with it...I dislike wet feet afteer a while!

Hopefully we won't have any more for some time...

We finally got a bit of snow, but only about 4 inches over two days. Today, it was really cold and sunny. It was -20°C (-4°F) when I woke up this morning.