The all new Avatar Lending Program is here!

Ian

Hey, I was just wondering why post count on the forum is a requirement for lending? Will you sift through people's old posts to analyse their personalities to see if they're suitable? I think that the 25 post requirement is almost at odds with the forum rules, where it states that you should not post purely to boost your post count. It seems almost inevitable that people will start posting for the sake of posting to speed up their eligibility for lending. Almost like it's quantity over quality. Have you noticed an influx of spam, or has it always been a bit of a problem due to certain privileges gained by commenting en masse?

Sorry if this is a little negative... I think it's great that you're lending though :D I hope that I can at least contribute something kind of valuable to the forum 0__o or at least I'll try! Arghh impatient to be eligible!! Ha

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if people are posting SPAM to try and up their post count - our moderators catch them, and if its happening more than just a few times, their warn level is raised. People with raised warn levels are ineligible for lending, regardless of post count, so that keeps it in check.

I just started using the forums so I could get lent pets..but I dont believe I have been spaming to get post. I try to look around post real post. I hope there are more people like me out there than those who just spam.

Yeah, I guess I usually take the role of a lurker in forums and just absorb all of the neopets advice others are giving out. I suppose having the avatar-lending incentive to open this forum account is a good starting point for getting out there and starting to participate more!

It's good to know the moderators are on top of it :)

Hello everyone! I just wanted to give you a quick update. Since the implementation of the new lending system we have had a huge increase in requests! Please do not submit more than one request at a time, we have received them.

One request in total, pet lending and item lending together? Or one for items and one for pet leding?

One request in total, pet lending and item lending together? Or one for items and one for pet leding?

It's one item request at a time. With pet lending, you can request the number of chains that you have the transfers for.

Hi there!

I'm pretty new on these boards, so I hope, I won't make any bigger mistakes (if so- I'm already now sorry! D:)

Happy Christmas, at first x)

Well, what I would like to know- do I need the full collat for items like ZDAP or FQD etc? I wanted to look for the rules, but the links which are posted in these lending-threads are all invalid :c

So if it's a question I should already know- I'm sorry, but I don't ^^"

Have all a great time! I already now like these boards here :)

i'm new on the forum (but not to tdn :D) so i have to start working on my post count!! forum looks great though! super excited about the pet lends too! i still need 10 petpet avatars, 9 pet avatars, and mspp...but that doesn't really count xD i'll have a look through my items and avatar lists to see if i have anything that could help!

Pets do not have waiting lists - you ask to borrow in a specific month and then you will get lent that month, provided the chain runs.

Thanks, that's good to know. I think I can do up to 6 transfers per month since my account is over 6 years old. Is that right or can I do more than that?

Well, I've been using TDN for everything since I rejoined Neopets, and I became a bit obsessed with avatars.

I actually stumbled upon the lending process by accident.

But you know what, I think I was more excited about a message board xD

I find the NeoBoards move too fast for my liking so I was raring to go when I saw this place.

I'm only one month old, so don't expect a pet lend from me until three more months.

(I probably wouldn't go for an item either, considering I'm not too grand at earning NPs)

Alright! I'm loving the new system. I really think this will make lending and receiving much easier for everyone. Thanks, TDN!

i agree. i cant wait to get my post count up so im eligible to be lent pets. i have all the item avatars except SuAP and MSPP, so the item ones wont matter to me much. but still! :)

The ALP is definitely a huge boost to the forums, and a LOT of people do try to spam, but I like to think the people who actually want to participate will also have valuable insight into other aspects of neopets and therefore will be willing to post. or at least that they are greedy for help and have legit posts asking for help : P

But you know what, I think I was more excited about a message board xD

I find the NeoBoards move too fast for my liking so I was raring to go when I saw this place.

Ditto, I also don't like how there aren't any archives there. A really interesting point may be made, but an hour later, it's gone. Even if a thread is locked here, it's still around.

Also, on TDN, there are much more reasonable rules, and they're strictly enforced. I like the order imposed coupled with the friendly atmosphere.

I was just browsing around my avatar list on TDN & I found this lending program.

I honestly didn't even know TDN had a forum either.

But anyways, this is ever a neat idea! I'm excited to start posting & meeting everyone. =D

Ditto, I also don't like how there aren't any archives there. A really interesting point may be made, but an hour later, it's gone. Even if a thread is locked here, it's still around.

Also, on TDN, there are much more reasonable rules, and they're strictly enforced. I like the order imposed coupled with the friendly atmosphere.

I feel that there is 1 thread out of 500 are actually relevant as well xD

Half of them are LOLOLOL IM MILEY CYRUS GAIZ