The Ladies Room

Cornflakes

Guys always say that, but I know for a fact that most couldn't deal with it. The cramps are EXCRUCIATING at times, it's gross, it makes you feel gross, I can't even explain it to you. There have been times where I literally could not move because it hurt that badly. What does a guy go through that could be that excruciating, that a woman could not also go through?

Again, this argument can never be won nor could it ever end, so I'm going to try not to get too much involved in it. Because the whole argument itself infuriates me. Like when we were 5 and used to be all "ANYTHING YOU CAN DO I CAN DO BETTER. I CAN DO ANYTHING BETTER THAN YOU".

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I mean we're only really talking about this statement:

I'm only picking at the boys because they have no idea how much awesomer it is to be a guy. Guys don't have to worry about so much that girls have to worry about...

It's not really a "who's better than who" argument.

And all I was saying is guys have quite a bit to worry about too. And that we're not wimpy enough as to not be able to handle periods :P

Yeah exactly! What do guys have to worry about? And it's not a matter of being "wimps". Why is it that when anyone said that a guy could not handle a period they instantly turn it into a matter of being tough enough? Grown, strong men have admitted that they wouldn't be able to handle it. And technically, in a literal sense, men CAN'T handle periods. That's why they're men and don't get one. Can't it simply be "Yes. Women are strong for being able to put up with them"?

/done/

Well would you want me to leave or give an answer? :P

Guys have different expectations. When there's a military draft, only guys can be drafted. In gym, to get a perfect, you have to run a mile and a half in under 9 minutes. For girls, it's 13. Social expectations and stuff like that.

And there's the whole other psychological aspect of being around other guys. I mean, I know I act differently around guy friends than around girl friends because guy friends expect certain things and judge certain things. It's like a social thing that's really hard to explain, and I don't really feel like trying too xD

Except that is not physical pain. I act differently around girl and guy friends too. And actually we had to run it in 9 minutes at my school to get perfect too, and 12 to simply pass. And they only take men during a draft because women can get pregnant and blah blah blah which I don't agree with, but I don't argue because I don't want to be drafted either. When I'm around girls I'm constantly scrutinizing myself and then. Most girls I know are fake and coniving and just terrible and I hate being around them. Never pretty enough, never smart enough or wild enough or prude enough. Women seem to never do anything right. There's constantly a double edged sword. Girls have the exact same social thing.

I don't want this to come off as I'm putting down guys, because I'm not.

Again, this argument can never be won nor could it ever end, so I'm going to try not to get too much involved in it. Because the whole argument itself infuriates me. Like when we were 5 and used to be all "ANYTHING YOU CAN DO I CAN DO BETTER. I CAN DO ANYTHING BETTER THAN YOU".

True. But that's not the arguement here.

Except that is not physical pain.

You want physical pain? Try skateboarding, and trying to grind a rail, but then slipping off the board, and landing on the rail, hitting you know where. Or getting kicked there. Or getting shot there by a BB gun.

That's one thing guys have to worry about. Getting hit there. To put it mildly, the wind get's knocked out of us, and you can't breathe. Sometimes, if you get hit hard enough, you can start to feel numb all over, or is that just me?

I can't really say much more since this is a kids site.

*rolls eyes* I don't want to hear another word from a guy about how guys have the same amount of troubles as women. That's ludicrous. You have NO IDEA what it's like to be a woman. You want a detailed list of why females suffer more than males? PM me.

And if you don't like what girls say about guys, remember you don't have to be here. Go to your Sports thread. :yes:

I understand that getting hit down there hurts guys, and I understand that the whole "i can do better" wasn't the argument but in a sense that's exactly what it is. We're in a "Ladies Room" topic arguing about what men and women have to go through. Guess what. I'm a girl. I skateboard. You don't think that if something like that happens to a girl it doesn't hurt? Maybe it doesn't hurt AS badly, but that doesn't mean we can just get rammed down there while grinding and messing up and stand back up and have nothing wrong.

Or what about when we get hurt in our upper women's parts? Same exact thing happens. Did you know that a woman can't get even the slightest pressure in the middle of her chest without the possibility of the breath getting knocked out of her? We had to learn about it in Child Development class and we had to have it done to us. It was even more painful than my excruciating cramps. Which happens 7 DAYS A MONTH. How often do guys really get kicked down there?

I'm done with this. This whole argument is ludicrous and I will say AGAIN this cannot be won nor will it ever end because Women don't know what it's like to be men and men don't know what it's like to be women. So can we please change the subject?

I'M WATCHING THE MACY'S PARADE. AND WHY ON EARTH DOES GREEN DAY HAVE IT'S OWN MUSICAL?!

They're not in the musical though. Like it's a musical based on their songs. It's so strange, and I've never been a huge Green Day fan to begin with.

They're not in the musical though. Like it's a musical based on their songs. It's so strange, and I've never been a huge Green Day fan to begin with.

Ohhhhh. Well, idk. Maybe Billie Joe had lifelong dreams of making it to Broadway but can't dance. lol

I love Green Day's older albums. "Dookie" changed my life.

omg I am utterly feeble. I keep hitting the reply button instead of the edit button and double-posting.

Someone please smack me.

*SMACK* :rolleyes_anim: Quick! Hit edit and paste that into your first one so you don't get edited/in trouble!

Dookie was a good album, but I didn't hear it for the first time until a few years ago. The first Green Day song I ever heard was American Idiot. I was still in middle school I think... I can't really remember. But then they kept overplaying them and I was so over it.

*SMACK* :rolleyes_anim: Quick! Hit edit and paste that into your first one so you don't get edited/in trouble!

Dookie was a good album, but I didn't hear it for the first time until a few years ago. The first Green Day song I ever heard was American Idiot. I was still in middle school I think... I can't really remember. But then they kept overplaying them and I was so over it.

I have done it THREE TIMES in the past couple of days. I think the mods feel bad for me because I'm old enough to have Alzheimers.

I was a freshman in high school when "Dookie" came out, and it was just totally ground-breaking. I have theorized that people end up liking music for what it meant at the time, and sort of ignore the actual music. I have no idea if Dookie is really good in a musical sense, but it is near and dear to my heart. :)

I have done it THREE TIMES in the past couple of days. I think the mods feel bad for me because I'm old enough to have Alzheimers.

I was a freshman in high school when "Dookie" came out, and it was just totally ground-breaking. I have theorized that people end up liking music for what it meant at the time, and sort of ignore the actual music. I have no idea if Dookie is really good in a musical sense, but it is near and dear to my heart. :)

I completely agree. Like Fall Out Boy is still to this day my favorite band. My music taste has grown SO much in the past ten years but it's still FOB that means so much to me because it was my first concert I went to alone, the first band that wasn't pop music, etc. etc. etc. And now I'm in the music business and the whole thing is so surreal. I could go on and on about them and old school MTV that I used to sneak when I was 5 years old and got grounded CONSTANTLY for it. hahaha

*rolls eyes* I don't want to hear another word from a guy about how guys have the same amount of troubles as women. That's ludicrous. You have NO IDEA what it's like to be a woman. You want a detailed list of why females suffer more than males? PM me.

And if you don't like what girls say about guys, remember you don't have to be here. Go to your Sports thread. :yes:

By not wanting to hear another word about it, you're being sexist towards men. You wouldn't like it if we said "We don't care about your problems" now would you.

I didn't say anything about not liking what girls say about guys...

I love Green Day's older albums. "Dookie" changed my life.

Green Day is awesome.

That is all.

By not wanting to hear another word about it, you're being sexist towards men

No. Just stop now. Don't even suggest as such. She clearly didn't want to go around in circles anymore but opened further discussion to talk in PMs.

This was supposed to be an enjoyable topic where (mostly) women could come and talk about "women-esque" things in a centralized placed. I don't think any of us had a problem with any of the men posting in here, but posting just to rustle feathers... stop now. Go far away if that's your plan. Or at least know the meaning of sexism before tossing it around.

We have all respected your own specific "groups" and expect to get the same in return.

-----

American Idiot is supposed to be really good! They preformed 21 guns on an awards show not long ago (I think it was the Grammy's) and it was really good!

And, IIRC, Green Day did preform with them on Broadway for a while, too :D

How many of us have seen Green Day in concert!?! LOL

No. Just stop now. Don't even suggest as such. She clearly didn't want to go around in circles anymore but opened further discussion to talk in PMs.

This was supposed to be an enjoyable topic where (mostly) women could come and talk about "women-esque" things in a centralized placed. I don't think any of us had a problem with any of the men posting in here, but posting just to rustle feathers... stop now. Go far away if that's your plan. Or at least know the meaning of sexism before tossing it around.

We have all respected your own specific "groups" and expect to get the same in return.

-----

American Idiot is supposed to be really good! They preformed 21 guns on an awards show not long ago (I think it was the Grammy's) and it was really good!

And, IIRC, Green Day did preform with them on Broadway for a while, too :D

How many of us have seen Green Day in concert!?! LOL

Thank you for this. I agree 100%. She didn't mean it in a sexist way, she simply meant that the subject would not have any positive outcomes and wanted to change the subject. If you want to have a gender debate, bring it to the debate thread rather than a group that is, as said before, supposed to be for mostly women.

With that said, I've only seen Green Day once, which was this past summer in Hartford, CT. They were really good but their set was SO long we ended up leaving early. They're incredible live, but I'm still not a huge fan.

Blink 182 anyone?!

Hang on there just a sec. I never wanted gender wars, as they can never be won. But she said how she never wants to hear about guys having just as many problems as girls. Somebody could take it the wrong way, and think that she is saying that girls are better than guys because they have more challenges to overcome. Just like how someone could take my comments the wrong way.

This topic is basically an HOP but with no guys, you are aware of that, right?

And that last piece is basically calling me an idiot that doesn't know better. Oh, wait. I am! I'm a 14 year old idiot that doesn't know better. What was I thinking!?

And for the record, I never said anything about guys having just as many problems as girls. Rather, take that up with the one who DID state it.

I fear I'm not as girly as most girls here. I don't have an obsession with clothes, nor do I wear any makeup or skirts/dresses ever. :P

Same here. I wear tee shirts, jeans and sneakers. I put on mascara and perfume and concealer if I have a zit. I don't style my hair I just wash it and put it in a ponytail. I don't really like looking at or going shopping for clothes. I used to but not really anymore. I'd rather do other things(neopets) than spends hours and hours just putting an outfit together.

Not to mention, I am the anti-maternal. I really don't like kids. People say "Oh you'll change your mind." Umm...I made the desicion not to have kids in 6th grade and I still don't want them. I guess I could say my Neopets are like my kids as well as my cat and my (future)gecko.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double post. If you wish to add something, edit your previous post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Not to mention, I am the anti-maternal. I really don't like kids. People say "Oh you'll change your mind." Umm...I made the desicion not to have kids in 6th grade and I still don't want them. I guess I could say my Neopets are like my kids as well as my cat and my (future)gecko.

I agree. I've always said I don't want kids, and the majority of them irritate the crap out of me. I especially hate when they're parents let them run amuck in public places. Like no little girl, stop touching my hair while I'm trying to eat my dinner. -_-

I agree. I've always said I don't want kids, and the majority of them irritate the crap out of me. I especially hate when they're parents let them run amuck in public places. Like no little girl, stop touching my hair while I'm trying to eat my dinner. -_-

And alot of them are so freaking spoiled! They could be in Target and they say

"Mommy can I get a power ranger?"

"No, Alex you'll have to wait until your birthday"

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

It echoes through the entire building!

And alot of them are so freaking spoiled! They could be in Target and they say

"Mommy can I get a power ranger?"

"No, Alex you'll have to wait until your birthday"

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

It echoes through the entire building!

It's so frustrating. I understand kids throw tantrums BUT HANDLE THEM. Don't just let them get away with anything. One time when I was 3 I had a tantrum in Caldor's (I think that's what it's called... Gosh I miss that store) and my mother picked me up and said that if I wouldn't behave I'd never leave the house again. I never acted like that again.