The Ladies Room

Cornflakes

So The Ladies Room should have been a group, but then they took out all of the groups, so we have been relegated to a mere topic.

All ladies are welcome! Sure, we can't really say No Boys Allowed, but you boys already have tons of topics to talk on! Let the girls have our own! hehe :)

So, what girl stuff can we talk about? I want to talk about how much I loooove American Eagle and the Gap and Buckle. I've been doing too much shopping lately. Clothes = <3

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear CAV,

I hate you.

Not really.

Kinda.

Love, c

As for topics: Just pick something! Like I said, I wanted to talk about clothes :) But there is tons of more girl topics we can talk about! Like um what we want for Christmas :)

I think this is a lovely idea :D Clothes are wonderful. I just moved to Orlando, FL from Albany, NY (aka .... not a wonderful place) and there's this fancy mall that has like Louis Vuitton and Juicy Cotoure STORES. FULL STORES. I can't afford any of it but I could spend hours walking around just looking. I think that's definitely a girls thing.

I want a DSLR camera for Christmas. My old one was broken by my former roommates in my dorm room and I cried for three days. Not even kidding... the crying was during my Lady time though so it's forgivable. I want piano/guitar lessons too :)

I hope you get a new camera! "lady time," heh heh .. that should drive prying male eyes away :P

Oh dear, the Louis Vuitton store would be beckoning me. I've already been called a "Coach Wh*re" and there's a few LV bags that make me drool.

I live in Tennessee. We don't have anything resembling a LV store here. We just have Walmarts. haha

I want a DSLR camera for Christmas. My old one was broken by my former roommates in my dorm room and I cried for three days. Not even kidding... the crying was during my Lady time though so it's forgivable. I want piano/guitar lessons too :)

LMBO! My dad and myself shoot weddings/events part time and one time, I thought that I broke our expensive lens. I cried for many days, thinking up ways to tell him. Turns out it was only just the polarizer that was broken, he bought it off of eBay for like 10 dollars, and HE was the one who broke it >.<

Hope your Christmas wishes come true!

I'm not a big clothes shopper anymore, but I just love shopping in general. My mom and I used to drive to Denver all the time, just to go to the mall.

There's one mall in Denver that's rather high class. (On Saturdays, the higher end stores close earlier than the rest of the mall, or close at random times, whenever they feel like it.)

They have Louis Vuitton, Coach, Saks 5th Avenue, Na Hoku, Hyde Park (Jewelry store), Neiman Marcus, etc.

LOL at only having Walmarts. I'm also not exceptionally girly. I wear tshirts, mostly band shirts, and shorts/jeans. Every once in awhile I do get an urge to dress up, which usually only lasts a few hours at the most. But I do love shopping, even if it is just for games or earrings lol.

I've also been called similar things!! When I was in 8th grade my friend, who is from France, sent me over a real LV bag. It was the only real bag I had owned at the time and I went around school showing it off. Back when they were shaped like Pringles cans and had studded handles! Then my friend broke it and I took a break from bags. I just recently bought myself a teeny tiny Coach wristlet for $50. My family thinks I'm crazy. I own a few Donney & Burkes and one Kate Spade that is real. I always love the real things, but my wallet hates me for it. I'd love a Balenciaga. Just one. And then I'd never need a new bag again.

Hrtbrk OH MY GOD! I would have died if I thought that had happened to me. Luckily it wasn't too expensive.

I also don't wear makeup, although I used to and still wish I did at times, and I always bite my nails off when I get nervous but I loooove nail polish. I want to grow my nails out but life is so stressful between school and what I do.. Gah.

Well I'm not really a girly girl either, but we can talk about whatever you want to. :)

I HAVE to shop...I go to a university with 30K students, and I have to fit in, you know.

Riiight, that's my excuse. It's not that I love new clothes or anything. :P

Balenciaga - Yeah they're kinda expensive. haha :) You say you would never need a new bag again, but one is NEVER enough.

inner dialogue: Hmmmm. Maybe it's time to sell my old Coaches.

Anyway, I hate nail polish. haha

I get eeked out with growing my nails long. I think it's a weird custom. So I'm always gnawing at them. I let them get just long enough to scratch something well, and then I go chewing on them. *shrugs*

Same with my toes. I kid, I kid. I don't chew on those.

I definitely think more girls play Neopets, but I also think more guys play than we think do, because they don't like to admit it.

My husband plays. And when I started playing in 2002, the 2 friends of mine that insisted I join, were both guys.

Yeah I'm the same way. Dirt gets under them and it just kind of grosses me out. But I see all these pretty colors - like I have one that is the same blue as the Tiffany boxes - and I feel like I NEED my nails that color. But when they're short it just makes it so difficult. Balenciaga's are so cute, they have them on Penny Auction sometimes. Have you heard of that site? It's incredible! But alas, you're right, one is never enough. I go to college too and part of your excuse is true. You see all the other people with things and you feel like you NEED it too. It's an endless cycle -_- hahaha.

I definitely think more girls play Neopets than guys. My brother plays for the games and tries to get neopoints but he loses interest, and then my cousin used to do the same and try for the Battledome but he lost interest too. I think the whole idea of having a virtual pet and playing with it and grooming it, etc. is kind of lost on some men. They can barely take care of themselves LOL

Girly time! :laughingsmiley:

I do think that more girls play Neo than guys, but I'd say that it is only 60%-40%. That isnt that bad. I think that there are a lot of guys who play, but as Spritzie said, they just dont admit it. :rolleyes_anim:

I agree. I had my new friends from my new college over the other day and they looked at my top sites and Sylvester was like "WHOA! NEOPETS!! YOU STILL PLAY THAT?!" and at first I didn't want to admit it because it was hard enough to make friends but I was like, "Yeah. I do. And it's still as much fun as it was 10 years ago!" And at first they kind of laughed and then he admitted that he used to love Neopets and he got all excited as we talked about certain pets/petpets. I think they're all just kind of afraid to admit it.

I've definitely seen a lot of guys. It seems a majority of them are in it for the NPs and avatars.