The Ladies Room

Cornflakes

Before you find out that your mate (that you met in person or online or whatever) is a soul-crushing deviant, love is so nice. :) Fresh infatuations are my heroin. When you can't stop thinking about someone, and you get all nervous when you're around them, and when they tell you they feel the same way and your heart goes spastic...yep, if it were possible to just have that and then chuck someone right after the feeling dies, that would be awesome. Of course I'm married so this doesn't apply to me. I'm just speaking from past experiences. :)

Amen sister! Being in love is awesome, but being in love and having full understanding with your significant other that it is totally fine to crush on others as long as nothing is done about it is even more awesome. For example, sitting with my boyfriend watching Vampire Diaries and we both agree that Ian Somerhalder is too attractive for TV and that Candice Accola is drop dead gorgeous. Win, Win.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha Helllloooo there what a pretty dress you're wearing LMAO

Laaaadies!

Have any of you ever purchased anything from Sock Dreams? SOCKS.

They have gorgeous designs, if just expensive enough to justify it as a nice little present to yourself. I'm really digging tights and thigh highs lately, even though it's FREEZING out. (Garters are your friends!) Just wanted to know how their quality is, considering how expensive some of the nicer tights are.

Let me tell you, they are to die for. My legs are my favorite part of my body, which is generally agreed on by the public. ;P If being tall is good for anything, it's that I have legs long enough to scale mountains, and of course, get away with the busiest patterns of stockings.

Here are some favorites--

http://www.sockdreams.com/products/socks/thigh-highs/sheer-pinstriped-thigh-highs-with-bows

I adore these and if I order anything, these will probably be the first. <3

http://www.sockdreams.com/products/socks/tights/foot-traffic-floral-tights

Check out the bronze pattern as well. Gorgeous-ness.

http://www.sockdreams.com/products/socks/over-the-knee/tuxedo-over-the-knees

These are adorable tuxedo socks. Quaint.

http://www.sockdreams.com/products/socks/knee-highs/sock-it-to-me-manatees

They have a lot of silly socks, like these manatees! Classy. You know it.

http://www.sockdreams.com/products/socks/lace/opaque-thigh-high-with-lace-panel

Check out that lace panel. Anything with delicate lace is an instant desirable for me.

Those are absolutely adorable! I like the pinstriped and lace tights the best, but I'm not sure my husband would let me out in public with those lace ones! I checked out some customer reviews and there doesn't seem to be anything fishy about the site. They have a store in Oregon, but everyone seems to think the website is actually better. Make sure you check out ultimatecoupons.com for a free shipping code until the end of this month if you do buy anything.

Oh and about tights in winter? Tights are awesome for keeping warm if you wear them under your pants. Granted, with tights that cute I wouldn't be able to resist showing them off!

Haha, I still wear tights because I only own two (TWO!) pairs of pants. Everything else I wear is either skirts or dresses. This can become problematic in the snow! Good thing I have a really, really warm wool coat and a high tolerance for cold. :P

I don't know, I just like to dress up. It's a little disheartening that almost everyone goes to class in their pajamas, especially at 8AM. So I feel the need to look fancy. (This is maybe why people refer to me as "that girl"?) ;p

Those are absolutely fabulous socks! :O *flips through pages and pages of socks* I love socks. Creative socks, colorful socks, wild-patterned socks... love 'em. I'm actually happy to get socks for Christmas. :laughingsmiley: I'll have to direct my mum toward this site. ;)

Well bother, now I have a sock fetish thanks to that site. :D

I used to have the coolest socks. They were like a kids drawing, they had all like fluffy clouds in the sky, and green grass, and a pond, with ducks! And I think perhaps a tree or two. I used to wear them with black platform maryjanes as a stark contrast to my general gothishness of the time. It was the only time I ever wore matching socks.

I miss those socks...

I'm on the other side of the world and still know about that page, as a lolita I always look for pretty, cheap and loliable stuff :)

But still my favorite store to get socks is this http://innocent-w.jp/shopping/shoes_e.html

It's expensive though..., secret shop socks are more affordable for me http://www.clobbaonline.com/index.php?p=1_23_Socks

My main problem shopping online are the crazy shipping rates to my country, I always end paying twice the price the item just for shipping.

I used to have the coolest socks. They were like a kids drawing, they had all like fluffy clouds in the sky, and green grass, and a pond, with ducks! And I think perhaps a tree or two. I used to wear them with black platform maryjanes as a stark contrast to my general gothishness of the time. It was the only time I ever wore matching socks.

I miss those socks...

I did too. Socks with cows in sunglasses, pigs in dresses, and tons of other stuff. My mom loved buying socks like that for me when I was younger.

Ohman! That Innocent World site has gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous socks.

Let's see...let's find a yen converter...Okay, expensive gorgeous, gorgeous socks!

Shipping is a killer, which is why when sites have ZOMG FREE SHIPPING it's an event in and of itself. I hate shopping in the "rrrreal world". Crowds, driving in the awful roadblock called New Jersey...it's so much easier to have magical boxes of wonder sent to your door.

I've never really been a fan of online shopping, especially for clothes. But I also just like the shopping experience. I used to go with my mom all the time and we made a day out of it. Walk around.. have lunch.. walk some more.. have a chai at Starbucks, then go home.

I miss that. :( But she doesn't get around as well as she used to.

Slipper socks! Oh they're a necessity in the winter. I have a ridiculous habit of always slipping in socked feet on wood floors (one of these days I'm going to crack my skull open). So slipper socks are a potential lifesaver. :P

Wow those are gorgeous! I always love the designs of some tights - but people get all pissy here when you wear tights/leggings "as pants" and if you wear them under a skirt they make fun of you for being last season. SO OBNOXIOUS.

I could never wear toe socks, other than the fact that my pinky toe (do we still call it pinky?!) is like... weird HAHA I would feel so claustrophobic in them!

Yeah.. like the pinky finger HAHA. And we haven't JUST talked about clothes mind you. This is a new conversation.

Those socks are so perfect oh gosh. They make me want to wear something other than jeans all the time.

But I have to work on my legs. Is it possible to make them longer?

Yes, but it's really really painful. Your legs would be broken and you would have to wear these. Your bones grow together and you gain a few millimeters just to break them again and again....