2022 Goals and Aspirations

Secre

In the lack of a 2022 section, I'm posting here. 

What is everyone working towards? I'm aiming for All-Star, but not pushing myself to double like last year as I just don't have the time. 

I want the Yooyu and maybe the stamp from the shop at the end...

I'd like to get past all-star maybe not double, but I'd like more points to spend and get all the prizes plus extra to have in my Guild Point shop.

I would like to at least try to make it to All-Star this year (currently at Rank 12 at the time of this post), double All-Star if I don't get constantly plagued with Captcha Validation Failed errors every few score sends (and I was never given a Captcha challenge to solve). So much lost time, Yooyuball and Slushie Slinger score sends earlier today because of these dreaded errors.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 12:06 AM, alola9 said:

I wanted to join AC but life took over, so I can't join team this year 🥲 My goal for next year would be to at least reach rank 5! 

I think sign-ups end during the first week of play/first week of June. I might be wrong on that. But yeah, it stinks when IRL takes over. I only got... I think 92 games in this year. Won 'em all, but I really wanted to get further than rank 4! 😞 My staff Cup score should at least be respectable. My score with that is usually around or over 32,000 points. As for the AC prizes, I doubt it, but I hope I have JUST enough points for this year's AC stamp. Doubtful, but one can hope. 😉

Good luck with the AC next year alola9! If you don't mind me asking, do you know which team you'll sign up with? Just wondering. 😉 I always go with Maraqua. For better or worse. lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 2:11 AM, Aquamentis12 said:

I think sign-ups end during the first week of play/first week of June. I might be wrong on that. But yeah, it stinks when IRL takes over. I only got... I think 92 games in this year. Won 'em all, but I really wanted to get further than rank 4! 😞 My staff Cup score should at least be respectable. My score with that is usually around or over 32,000 points. As for the AC prizes, I doubt it, but I hope I have JUST enough points for this year's AC stamp. Doubtful, but one can hope. 😉

Good luck with the AC next year alola9! If you don't mind me asking, do you know which team you'll sign up with? Just wondering. 😉 I always go with Maraqua. For better or worse. lol

I think they do end on the first week! Aww, I understand that feeling quite well! Which games do like to focus on during AC? My staff score is usually not that much hahah. But it's motivating that they put collectibles for prizes, make me want to go all out for next year! 

Thank you so much! I usually try to change teams each year just to vary it up. I might go with a team I haven't joined before, like Krawk Island, or Kreludor. Maraqua was one of my first teams I joined I think haha! 

Well @alola9, there is usually a discussion thread here at TDNForums where people discuss who they pick for their Staff Tourney teams. Next year you should seek it and join in the discussion!

As for what games I play in the AC . I'm not big on the Support games, so I focus on Yooyuball. Because of how much I've played YYB, I can usually get decent scores each game, depending on how many Darigan yooyus do or don't show up. I do miss the old (Flash) version of YYB though. I always wanted to see if I could score 18 goals. I know some people say they were able to reach 18, but I've not seen screenshot proof yet. My best score in the old version was 17.

With this new version of YYB, the HTML5-version, they changed how the clock works so we lose more time more quickly than in the old days. My best score this year was 13. But my best score since the current version of YYB was released, is 14. I think I've gotten that only once though. I'm not sure what the maximum score possible is though.

As for why I'm not big on the Support Games. I have reasons for each.

Make Some Noise. Too much like Tug o' War, I can go quickly a couple of games, but my wrist gets tired after a couple of games and it's hard to keep up.

Slushie Slinger. Starts off a bit too slow imho, and goes at a "good" pace for too short of time before getting pretty hectic, Takes longer than a game of YYB. Though it is my favorite of the support games, since it was the first game I've seen with a Peophin in it, even if it's basically an NPC. I'm a HUGE peophin fan. 😉

ShootOut ShowDown. Quick, simple, but I am not a fan of Chias, their graphics. lol Too many close-ups for my liking. :P Plus it takes the most plays to wrack up rank-points. THAT being said, I have seen players who have reached All-Star with only SoSd games.

I haven't tried the support games since they were converted to HTML5. So they may be a bit different, like YYB had changes to it after the conversion.

Ah, so you like to play the various teams, that's cool. Everyone has their reasons for joining up with whichever team they pick each year. I really like Maraqua so I always back them. 😉  But trying out different teams is cool too. 😉

What game(s) do you focus on when you play in the AC?