Enter the Runway #140!

Nielo

Be sure to check out the rules if you're new to this contest (or if you simply want to refresh your knowledge of them). They can be found right here.
If you want to send me a screenshot of your entry (instead of the image DTI provides), but don't know how, check out this guide.

Current theme: Camping!
Description: Customise a pet who's going camping. Any pet goes, any form of camping goes. :smile:
Entering period: Monday, February 21 - Sunday, February 27 March 6
Voting period: Monday, February 28 March 7 - Sunday, March 6 13

If you have any questions about this round, or the Runway in general, just post them here, or send me a message*. :smile:  

*And if my inbox ever happens to be full (again), just tag me in a post here and I'll get right on that.

Unfortunately, it's another week with only 4 entries, so I'm going to postpone the round... again. (I'm starting to get the feeling that most of the previously active Runway participants have lost interest/have other things on their mind/stopped playing/etc., so if anyone has any ideas on how to get more people interested in The Runway (again), I'm open to suggestions!)

5 hours ago, Nielo said:

Unfortunately, it's another week with only 4 entries, so I'm going to postpone the round... again. (I'm starting to get the feeling that most of the previously active Runway participants have lost interest/have other things on their mind/stopped playing/etc., so if anyone has any ideas on how to get more people interested in The Runway (again), I'm open to suggestions!)

Aww, it's real sad that many people haven't been participating recently. I don't have many suggestions for helping to get more people to join in, but I hope maybe people who could've been taking a break from Neopets could be rejoining! I'll try to spread the word and see if that works any 🙂

Basically not many people are active on the forums anymore ... I for one am still active but just can't get any inspiration for the Runway with all the craziness that's going on in my life right now ...

19 hours ago, Nielo said:

Maybe you can post the same results and categories on the Neopets Reddit as well? I know there is a good amount of active players on that platform and if they see what we are doing here they may want to join? Or we could have The Runway run on 3 week cycles by default, 2 for submitting and 1 for voting? That way it gives more time for everyone to submit and if the amount of participants begins to increase again it can be reduced to 2 week cycles again.

59 minutes ago, TayAllen said:

Maybe you can post the same results and categories on the Neopets Reddit as well? I know there is a good amount of active players on that platform and if they see what we are doing here they may want to join? Or we could have The Runway run on 3 week cycles by default, 2 for submitting and 1 for voting? That way it gives more time for everyone to submit and if the amount of participants begins to increase again it can be reduced to 2 week cycles again.

That seems like a good idea Tay! I'm not sure entirely if TDN/Neopets Reddit rules will allow posting other forum's things there but if they do that seems like a good idea! Also having two week submission periods would be nice. I'm not sure about other people but I've been so busy lately that I don't even realize it's time to make a new submission until it's usually too late.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely implement the 2 week entering period - that works better for me as well. (On a related note... the round will be up a little late this week, as it's currently past midnight here, so I won't be getting around to it until tomorrow morning. (Although maybe that'd still technically be Monday for some of you, depending on which time zone you're in.) Sorry!)