L&L and Ghoul Catchers Discontinued

Secre

Don't know if everyone has seen but L&L and Ghoul Catchers are both being discontinued. I received one email from Neopets about L&L and the email about Ghoul Catchers has been circulating Reddit and is exactly the same but with the app name replaced. So if you want those items - that are already rapidly inflating, now is a good time to actually try to beat Ghoul Catchers!

EDIT: Note that all site prizes for L&L are being discontinued effective immediately. Ghoul Catcher site prizes can continue to be redeemed until December 2020. Apologies, I hadn't twigged the differences in the emails.

"Hello Neopians,

Firstly, we'd like to thank you for playing and supporting Legends & Letters over the past couple of years. We hope you've enjoyed playing the game!

We're writing to let you know that on July 22, 2020, the Legends & Letters mobile game will be removed from the Google Play and iOS app stores. If you have the app downloaded on your device after that date, you'll be able to continue playing Legends & Letters until December 31, 2020.

As a thank you for playing the game, we'll be sending an exclusive Legends & Letters themed item to your Neopets.com account in the future, so keep an eye on your inbox!

For more information on this transition, please read the FAQ section below.

Q: Can I still play the game? A: If you still have the app on your device after July 22, you'll be able to continue playing through game levels and earning in-game rewards until the end of the year.

Q: Will there still be monthly events? A: Legends & Letters will no longer be holding monthly events for the Crossover Challenge, and you will no longer be able to receive rewards from the game on Neopets.com. However, the weekly events in-game will still be running.

Q: Will I still be able to make in-app purchases? A: On July 22, all in-game purchases will be obtainable for free, allowing you to progress through the game freely.

Q: Can I still get technical support for the game? A: Support for Legends & Letters will end on July 22. After that date, bug fixes and technical support will no longer be provided for the game.

Q: How long will the game be playable? A: On December 31, 2020, Legends & Letters will be shutting down permanently and you will no longer be able to play.

Thank you for playing Legends & Letters, and for all your support for the game over the past two years. We'll see you back on Neopets.com!

• The Neopets Team"

Edited by Secre
Clarify a point I was incorrect on

Q: Will there still be monthly events? A: Legends & Letters will no longer be holding monthly events for the Crossover Challenge, and you will no longer be able to receive rewards from the game on Neopets.com. However, the weekly events in-game will still be running.

They made the items from the Cross Over Challenge NON-TRADE and now they're discontinuing them ?!! This is horrible ... there are lots of items from that challenge that I still need !! At least make them Trade-able so I can buy a couple !!!

14 hours ago, Angeló said:

They made the items from the Cross Over Challenge NON-TRADE and now they're discontinuing them ?!! This is horrible ... there are lots of items from that challenge that I still need !! At least make them Trade-able so I can buy a couple !!!

I admit, I never got into L&L. I played Ghoul Catchers for the easy 50k but I suspect I will be buying a lot of the prizes as I'm early in the Faerieland map and stuck for pity's sake! Wish I'd have looked to see there were prizes earlier as the items were significantly cheaper just a month ago!! But at least I can buy them. I hate scrabble so resigned myself very early on to never getting the items for L&L!!

I will also edit my main post - all prizes on Ghoul Catchers can be redeemed until December 2020, whereas site prizes for L&L are being completely discontinued. I hadn't twigged the difference until after I posted and for some reason TDN forums wouldn't work on my laptop for most of yesterday!

Does anyone know if there will be any replacement for Ghoul Catchers in terms of being able to earn an easy 50,000 neopoints a day? I really hope so because I feel like having that earning capacity is one thing that makes neopets still appealing... Thanks!

38 minutes ago, Ktav said:

Does anyone know if there will be any replacement for Ghoul Catchers in terms of being able to earn an easy 50,000 neopoints a day? I really hope so because I feel like having that earning capacity is one thing that makes neopets still appealing... Thanks!

I think we just have to wait and see in honesty. Neopets Island Builders has been released, but I have an iPhone so can't comment on if there are any site rewards.

If you have an older account on neopets, Food Club can be lucrative. 

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

I have all the Amulets from Ghoul Catchers .. but I neglected to buy the Mansion Backgrounds .. still no big deal for me as I don't like them anyway

The only one I have plans for is the Altador Mansion which I've already bought:

image.png.8fe317b93b66244dbdfe5c53eefce4c9.png

I'll likely use my Ghoul Catchers neopoints to buy the amulets over the coming months as if I'm brutally honest, I'm never getting past Faerieland!

it's a shame, i was just getting into the habit of playing every day for the 50k too. at least it'll be available until the new year!

ive been watching both the altador and faerieland backgrounds, because they're both currently marked as inflated. buuuuuut, i just went ahead and bought them for the current lowest. no telling who's going to get the bright idea to buy up all the available stock xD

On 7/17/2020 at 6:07 PM, Secre said:

I'll likely use my Ghoul Catchers neopoints to buy the amulets over the coming months as if I'm brutally honest, I'm never getting past Faerieland!

I found out I held off buying the Haunted Altador Amulet because it was about 1 Mil NP

Well look at it now ...

image.png.07055af7d2b51045300390ae7fdbf2b4.png

On 7/16/2020 at 4:45 AM, Secre said:

Don't know if everyone has seen but L&L and Ghoul Catchers are both being discontinued. I received one email from Neopets about L&L and the email about Ghoul Catchers has been circulating Reddit and is exactly the same but with the app name replaced. So if you want those items - that are already rapidly inflating, now is a good time to actually try to beat Ghoul Catchers!

EDIT: Note that all site prizes for L&L are being discontinued effective immediately. Ghoul Catcher site prizes can continue to be redeemed until December 2020. Apologies, I hadn't twigged the differences in the emails.

"Hello Neopians,

Firstly, we'd like to thank you for playing and supporting Legends & Letters over the past couple of years. We hope you've enjoyed playing the game!

We're writing to let you know that on July 22, 2020, the Legends & Letters mobile game will be removed from the Google Play and iOS app stores. If you have the app downloaded on your device after that date, you'll be able to continue playing Legends & Letters until December 31, 2020.

As a thank you for playing the game, we'll be sending an exclusive Legends & Letters themed item to your Neopets.com account in the future, so keep an eye on your inbox!

For more information on this transition, please read the FAQ section below.

Q: Can I still play the game? A: If you still have the app on your device after July 22, you'll be able to continue playing through game levels and earning in-game rewards until the end of the year.

Q: Will I still be able to make in-app purchases? A: On July 22, all in-game purchases will be obtainable for free, allowing you to progress through the game freely.

Q: Can I still get technical support for the game? A: Support for Legends & Letters will end on July 22. After that date, bug fixes and technical support will no longer be provided for the game.

Q: How long will the game be playable? A: On December 31, 2020, Legends & Letters will be shutting down permanently and you will no longer be able to play.

Thank you for playing Legends & Letters, and for all your support for the game over the past two years. We'll see you back on Neopets.com!

• The Neopets Team"

I just barely managed to download this today July 22, 2020