The Runway Votes #90

Nielo

Choose your favourite entries  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favourite entries

This poll is closed to new votes

13 hours ago, Yuiina said:

It sort of makes me sad that my favorite entry got so few votes because it's perfectly elaborated! A very special congratulation to @jellysundae for that!

I assume that many people don't know the movie or I'm sure you'd have own this round

Aw, bless your heart *hugs* I was thrilled with how accurately I was able to recreate the scene in the end. The slime gave me the idea initially and I was going to use this

image.png.4c021eaac71868911585101304ba0a66.pngbut it just didn't show up well against any background I tried, but when I found that Spooky Shadows item it all came together. The fact that those earrings are almost identical to Howl's seemed like a sign too, lol.

I'll admit that I didn't know hardly any of the entries for this round. :blush02:

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Aw, bless your heart *hugs* I was thrilled with how accurately I was able to recreate the scene in the end.

When I saw your entry I was like 

Resultado de imagem para pacha meme Perfecto!!!!

The Spooky Shadows fit it perfectly, I'm glad you used them instead of the image.png.4c021eaac71868911585101304ba0a66.png

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'll admit that I didn't know hardly any of the entries for this round. :blush02:

Really? :O 

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I know, right? ? I don't see any films really, so this round was a bit of a lost cause on me. ?

I do think it's interesting that you don't watch a lot of films, but have watched (a lot of?) Studio Ghibli films. :D I'm pretty much the opposite; although it might also have to do with availability - I've never really run across any Studio Ghibli films, while most of the other animations that entries were based on, were pretty omnipresent in my life/hard to avoid (if I'd wanted to avoid them).

26 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I do think it's interesting that you don't watch a lot of films, but have watched (a lot of?) Studio Ghibli films. :D I'm pretty much the opposite; although it might also have to do with availability - I've never really run across any Studio Ghibli films, while most of the other animations that entries were based on, were pretty omnipresent in my life/hard to avoid (if I'd wanted to avoid them).

I think it's probably because after seeing Howl and Totoro I made a point of looking out for the others when they've been on TV but I don't generally watch films normally, my brain can't focus on something for that long now and I literally lose the plot. ?

A film channel here shows a fair selection of the Ghibli films 3 or 4 times a year and if I'm lucky I manage to catch them. I do have Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and From Up On Poppy Hill on DVD but I just watch the others when I realise they're on. I found after watching Ghibli I developed VIEWS about Disney ? Ghibli just doesn't do the stereotypical characterisation stuff, it doesn't go down the cheap joke route, it... I dunno. There's just dignity in Ghibli films that Disney doesn't have.

I started watching Mulan a few years back. Hmmm... this would have been around Christmas, I knew Ghilbi stuff was in the rotation because they had trailers on TV for what they were showing over the holiday. So I watched the Ghibli, and Mulan was on after it. So yeah, I'd never seen that so let's watch that too! But... I didn't stick with it for very long because I really didn't like the way the characters behaved and the things they said. The contrast between that and the Ghibli film was really striking.

So, after that rambling,  maybe that's why they're basically the only ones I watch? ?‍♀️

@jellysundae I really have to get around to watching some Ghibli stuff then. :D

But yeah, Disney is fond of stereotypes, although they have been doing better in recent years. Personally, I much prefer Pixar over Disney though (insofar as they can still be seen as separate studios - Pixar is definitely a Disney studio these days, but it's always pretty easy to tell whether something's a Disney movie or a Pixar movie). Pixar movies just have more... heart than Disney movies. Or maybe that's just how I feel, because Pixar movies make my cry like 97% of the time. ? I think my favourite Pixar movie is Wall-E. ❤️

But Pixar is also famous for making short films (that are shown before their regular features), and they're available on YouTube. They're not as good as their main features, but still pretty entertaining.

They vary from bordering on slapstick:

(I'm going to use spoiler tags to hide the videos because my post looks gigantic now. XD)

To "am I watching a nature documentary?"

To "... what am I watching???"