Magic Gridlock Gun, now nerfed!

Aquamentis12

I was PLEASANTLY surprised last night when testing the Magic Gridlock Gun, seeing that that it had a whopping 21 solid icons to offer, 3 of each element. However this powerful weapon has since been nerfed to do 2 of each element. 

wea_runix_gun.gif

Magic Gridlock Gun

At 14 constant icons it's still a decent weapon, just not as powerful as it once was. And it's a cheap (but decent) stand-in now for those who missed getting the (no trade) weapon, Blazing Embers from the Wraith Resurgence site event.

As someone who got suppeeerrr excited and bought two more, so I could have two as my new primary weapons, and one as a money venture, am really unhappy with tnt for changing it after it went live.  I feel like some people made great money and others lost it

4 hours ago, emily_speck_15 said:

As someone who got suppeeerrr excited and bought two more, so I could have two as my new primary weapons, and one as a money venture, am really unhappy with tnt for changing it after it went live.  I feel like some people made great money and others lost it

Especially since they could have easily seen this coming... seems silly to change it after the fact

3 hours ago, charelan said:

Especially since they could have easily seen this coming... seems silly to change it after the fact

Was thinking that myself, seems to happen such a lot with the weapons. ?

I didn't buy any but I think it's really mean of TNT to do this. They should know the outcome. This prize was for an easy challenge so loads of people got it and it was too powerful for masses of them to be out there. So why put it out so powerful in the first place? And when you do and ppl are spending a fortune buying/selling, nerfing it can leave some restockers out millions.

Not a good outcome for anyone.

Nerfing was sort of necessary though. If 20 icons was going to be the standard going forward it basically made every Hidden Tower item irrelevant (why pay millions when you have something as powerful for free). The next substantial upgrade (I think) being Wand of the Dark Faerie and not every user can afford it (buy for 40 million pure or get lucky and win it themselves at Quest 50 from Jhudora herself)

I still have my Blazing Embers and Sword of Malum but I'm honestly not sure if I should keep them in my set.

Before the Magic Gridlock Gun was nerfed I was considering abandoning my plans to save up for a Sword of Reif (18 icons on average, max 24)

Now I'm debating if I should still get it or stick with Blazing Embers or Sword of Malum instead even if the icons are less consistent and could be rendered almost useless by Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield (everything but fire icons)

Which weapon should I use?

Sword of Reif, Sword of Malum or Blazing Embers?

I've been using sword of malum and blazing embers as well. The next step I was going to take damage-wise is to buy a Ghostkerbomb, it's over a million cheaper than an anagram sword. Minimum 21 icons, average 25. I stick to 1p battling though, idk if an anagram is better for 2p. 

I get that 21 icons was too much for an easy prize. They should have made it 14 to begin with, or no-trade if it was higher. Nerfing after release all the time is sloppy. 

On 11/27/2018 at 10:19 PM, emily_speck_15 said:

I'm sorry to hear you're one of those who lost NP due to the Nerfing. I get TNT made it too powerful, but, would they do something like a "nerf" to a book or stamp? I mean, the Stuck in Space book from this GMC was going for over 800k on the day it was released. TNT wouldn't let loose a few hundred or thousand extra copies of that book through random events or something to bring the prices down would they? Nope! Of course, that Magic Gridlock Gun before the nerfing was a 21 iconer WOULD have made some of the weapons in the Hidden Tower defunct, even MORESO to some of the even older weaponry sold there. It did seem to be a little too good to be true, but after the Wraith Resurgence weapons, I just figured TNT knew what they were doing. lol Silly me. ?

9 hours ago, action_jackson3000 said:

Nerfing was sort of necessary though. If 20 icons was going to be the standard going forward it basically made every Hidden Tower item irrelevant (why pay millions when you have something as powerful for free). The next substantial upgrade (I think) being Wand of the Dark Faerie and not every user can afford it (buy for 40 million pure or get lucky and win it themselves at Quest 50 from Jhudora herself)

I still have my Blazing Embers and Sword of Malum but I'm honestly not sure if I should keep them in my set.

Before the Magic Gridlock Gun was nerfed I was considering abandoning my plans to save up for a Sword of Reif (18 icons on average, max 24)

Now I'm debating if I should still get it or stick with Blazing Embers or Sword of Malum instead even if the icons are less consistent and could be rendered almost useless by Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield (everything but fire icons)

Which weapon should I use?

Sword of Reif, Sword of Malum or Blazing Embers?

Exactly! Hmmm... Looking at the amount of icons the Sword of Malum and Blazing Embers do. The Sword of Reif might have a slightly higher maximum, but is it worth the NP to buy when Blazing Embers is pretty close in it's average? Sword of Malum isn't much worse for wear either. I'll go through my notes when I tested both Blazing Embers and Sword of Malum. I didn't do an average back then, but I can and will go back and take a look at the average icons are for the tests I did. Both weapons have about 16 constants I believe, and that's only 2 icons shy of the Sword of Reif's average. So you'd probably be unlikely to have too many turns with attacks below 18 icons. I'll look and work out those averages in just a little bit. Sometime tonight before midnight NST I should update this post, or post a new one by then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: Ok, so I tallied things up and for me, from my testing during the plot, Blazing Embers had an average damage of 19.79 (rounded up to nearest hundreth) and Sword of Malum had an average of 19. Probably just luck, because those averages seem rather high. I should probably battle more and build a bigger set of numbers to average out. However, one caveat for Sword of Malum, is that despite icons displayed, the damage was a fair bit less than it should be when checked against TDN's Damage Calculator. With my pet's strength boost, the Sword of Malum should've done an average of 304 per use, however. The actual damage read in the battle logs, when I average those, it clearly states that Sword of Malum only did an average of 290.125 damage per use. SO instead of doing 19 damage per icon, it actually does around 18.1328125. Which is what I get when I divide those damage averages by 16, again, the Strength boost for my pet.

So, I'd stick with Blazing Embers and Sword of Malum for now. Also, that way you can save your NP, or use your NP to purchase other items like defensive, healing, stealing (though stealing is still broken), or freezing item(s).

With my set, Blazing Embers is my Strongest Multiple use attacker right now. Though G-bomb is my heavy hitter, a shame it's once per battles. ? lol I've been tempted to go after an anagram sword too, but that wouldn't be much of an upgrade. Even if I still used my Stone Foam Finger and Altador Cup Throwing Star, it'd be a better upgrade from either of those, but thanks to Blazing Embers especially, I'm fine with my primary equipment for my battle set for now.  ? Training will bring out your equipment's true power. The final boost of 16x the icons of your weapon makes a BIG difference over having an undertrained pet with even some of the best weaponry. ? I'll keep Sword of Malum in my battle set for now, and when I use it I'll jot down the icons and damage it does so I can see if I can refine that average a bit more accurately.