Being hurt outside of battledome effects in battledome hp?

I was doing my dailies and was blasted by the snowmager and my hit points went to zero... does this affect my in battle hp?  I'm currently trying to do the throw pillows method of beating the Maulum on hard and am not sure if I will need to start over tomorrow.  It shows zero when I look at the battle, but does not say that I am dead.  Thoughts? 

1 hour ago, emily_speck_15 said:

I was doing my dailies and was blasted by the snowmager and my hit points went to zero... does this affect my in battle hp?  I'm currently trying to do the throw pillows method of beating the Maulum on hard and am not sure if I will need to start over tomorrow.  It shows zero when I look at the battle, but does not say that I am dead.  Thoughts? 

It ABSOLUTELY does.  I was saying this when everyone was talking about using the throw pillows.  If you have a healer or an ultranova, you can use it along with your throw pillows in order to gain HPs so you won't lose the fight.  You MIGHT be able to use a healing potion outside of the battledome, I'm not sure about that.  You can try it.  But if you have a healer, use it as one of your weapons.  You will not inflict as much damage for this turn, but at least you will survive the battle.

28 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

You MIGHT be able to use a healing potion outside of the battledome, I'm not sure about that. 

I am 'cause I tried it, that'll be a big fat NOPE, lol.

After realising that I stayed away from both the Wheels and Snowy until I'd beat Malum. :ph34r:

Ok, so there is your answer about healing potions.  However, I am ABSOLUTELY sure that you can use a healer or ultranova.  I had the same thing happen to me with the snowager.  I didn't even know I was still in a battle.  Must have fallen asleep:shiftyeyes_anim:.  Went to the battledome, saw I was still in battle and didn't want the loss statistic.  I KNEW I could beat him with one hit, but I had to have HPs in order to win the battle.  My gears started turning.  I healed myself enough to have +HPs at the end of the battle.

Be careful with any dailies that can affect your HPs while you are in a prolonged battle.  I hope you have a healer or ultranova.  Good luck Emily.  Sorry this happened to you.

Thanks guys!  It's okay, I have a healer but if that doesn't work I just reached level 50 today, so it isn't like I'm that far in.  Also I may have thought that thick smoke bombs counter all damage and did not realize that they let through earth icons? Which according to everything online they don't?  So I was already looking pretty bad

LOL That happened to me once, I tried my healer right away, and it did work so I managed to win that battle. Also, Fireballs, lightning and Lava Ghoul attacks from the wheels in Tyrannia and Faerieland can also zap your HP even if you're in battle.

1 hour ago, okkusu said:

Using a healing item in battle sounds like the easiest way, but if you didn't have one equipped and are really stuck, it's possible to train endurance to garner a single hit point.

Thanks!  I have a healer equipped so I should be good, I just feel silly using one of my daily attacks partially to heal :)

UPDATE:  Coltzan shine healed my pets to full hp!

Edited by emily_speck_15
Things changed

4 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Haha, happened to me this morning as well.  Snowager blasted me and left me with 0 HP before I did my daily turn.  Rats!  Ah well, I can restart the fight tomorrow :)  It IS midnight neopets time that it resets the pillows, right?

Yep! Midnight Neopets' time will restore Throw Pillows and the other "once per day" faerie abilities. Good luck!

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:11 PM, emily_speck_15 said:

Thanks!  I have a healer equipped so I should be good, I just feel silly using one of my daily attacks partially to heal :)

UPDATE:  Coltzan shine healed my pets to full hp!

That's so awesome Emily!! I am so happy for you.  You didn't need to waste a spot using your healer.  At least you could have though. I would hold off on visiting snowy until your defeat Malum. lol.  Good luck.

11 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Haha, happened to me this morning as well.  Snowager blasted me and left me with 0 HP before I did my daily turn.  Rats!  Ah well, I can restart the fight tomorrow :)  It IS midnight neopets time that it resets the pillows, right?

Yes, it restarts the pillows, but for some people it is taking them 3,4,5 or more days to defeat Malum. If you lose your HPs while you are days into the fight, it sucks to have to start the entire fight over again. That's why, as Aquamentis and I said, anything that can cost your pet/pets to lose HPs or make them sick, really should be avoided while you are in the prolonged battle with Malum. That includes Apple Bobbing Bart, Deserted Tomb, wheel of mediocrity, Snowager, in addition those that Aquamentis mentioned.  If you are lucky, the shrine may heal you, as it did for Emily, but you cannot use potions or the healing springs. Okkusu had a great idea in training your pet to get one, and possibly even 2 hps. That is all you need to win the fight. Since you will be freezing Malum each round, you will not be taking any damage. If you can manage to end the fight with just 1 hp left, you will win. So that is a pretty good idea too.  That is what I love about this forum, everyone has such wonderful ideas.