Lucky accounts

Winter

Have you ever found that your main account, or one of your side accounts seems to be more "lucky" than the others?

Like getting more (good) random events, winning more on Deadly Dice, or if you've ever swapped which account is your main you find yourself getting more good rewards from dailies?

I'm just wondering if it's only me who's experienced this. 

Hmm, I thought I was being paranoid in thinking my friend had more luck with her account. My account was about 10 years old when getting her addic.. uh ... introducing her to neopets. She already has more luck based avatars than I have. Don't really know which and how much RE's she has gotten.

But if that IS true I guess I'll never get the deserted tomb or other old luck based avatars :p

I'll just keep on trying every day.

Although, my opinion is that luck shouldn't be age based. :(

I feel like my accounts accounts get more lucky when I'm  more active on them. If I come back from a hiatus, even just like a week or two long I won't get any of the the luck based dailies, or the good random events, but if I've been going on every day I'll get decent prizes, bank errors in my favor all over the place, and occasional faerie quests.  

I feel like some of the dailies are more lucky the less you do them. For example the Wheel of Excitement rarely gives a good prize if you do it more than once a day. When I first started the new account I'm on, the Grundo Plushie would give me an item every day, now he will sometimes make my pet forget it was hungry, if anything. 

I've been using the same account as my main for many years now, so I can't really speak to switching to a younger account, but it always seemed to me that my account would go through phases of good/bad luck. Sometimes I go weeks and weeks without a single random event, and then suddenly I start getting tons of them, win prizes from all of my dailies, have good lab ray zaps, etc.

I think it's supposed to be a perk of having a premium account that you get more random events, although I don't know if they're necessarily good random events. But something that has been happening lately since I became active again and re-upgraded my account, is that whenever I land on the pant devil when spinning a wheel, I get the message that says "You have no items to steal!" even when I do have items in my inventory. I don't know if this is a glitch, or a benefit of having a premium account? So maybe, as far as premiums are concerned, it reduces your bad luck rather than increasing your good luck?

I've been using the same account as my main for many years now, so I can't really speak to switching to a younger account, but it always seemed to me that my account would go through phases of good/bad luck. Sometimes I go weeks and weeks without a single random event, and then suddenly I start getting tons of them, win prizes from all of my dailies, have good lab ray zaps, etc.

I think it's supposed to be a perk of having a premium account that you get more random events, although I don't know if they're necessarily good random events. But something that has been happening lately since I became active again and re-upgraded my account, is that whenever I land on the pant devil when spinning a wheel, I get the message that says "You have no items to steal!" even when I do have items in my inventory. I don't know if this is a glitch, or a benefit of having a premium account? So maybe, as far as premiums are concerned, it reduces your bad luck rather than increasing your good luck?

I've never been a premium member and I always get that same message if I ever land on the pant devil, so I can safely say it's not a premium account benefit.

I've never been a premium member and I always get that same message if I ever land on the pant devil, so I can safely say it's not a premium account benefit.

Must be some kind of glitch then. Maybe my account hasn't been as lucky as I thought :P

I definitely think my main is more lucky than my side accounts, or any account I've ever had for that matter! I don't know if it has to do with the fact that I have 2 beads attached to my Lutari Talisman or not, but that is what I have ~heard~  :evo: 

I only have one account that I use. I guess I was inactive for too long on my original account. I find that everything just comes & goes ie getting things from the forgotten shore every couple of days to not for a while. I don't think of it as a luck thing.

I only have one account, too. When you see a 4 month old account "sporting" a Tooth Faerie avatar, it does make you wonder. But, my silly belief is you have to play everyday. Meaning, if you do your dailies everyday, you will eventually get get something good. Also, I know some people spend crazy amount of time on Neopets. I only have so much to dedicate, so that does limit RE chances, too. And, when you play games like Neoquest 1 and II, Pyramids, Sakhmet Solitaire, etc, you increase your RE chances, too. I guess I have the "Albert Einstein" theory when it comes to Neo luck - it is relative to the amount of time you play.

I only have one account, too. When you see a 4 month old account "sporting" a Tooth Faerie avatar, it does make you wonder. But, my silly belief is you have to play everyday. Meaning, if you do your dailies everyday, you will eventually get get something good. Also, I know some people spend crazy amount of time on Neopets. I only have so much to dedicate, so that does limit RE chances, too. And, when you play games like Neoquest 1 and II, Pyramids, Sakhmet Solitaire, etc, you increase your RE chances, too. I guess I have the "Albert Einstein" theory when it comes to Neo luck - it is relative to the amount of time you play.

That sure is true but sometimes it still feels different. I know people playing NQ that get a ton of RE's during the game, but when I had the bday theme (and you're supposed to get more RE then) I tried getting RE's all day. Played Pyramids and NQ all day (I don't really celebrate my bday in real life) so in those hmm let's say 8 hours of refreshes I had gotten 1 RE. Just one. I wish it was clear how these kind of luck things are related to account age and possibly other things.

The lutari beads is something I definitely want to try in the future. I was saving NP to buy them but yeah, had a little set back... saving for stolen things comes first.

• 2 weeks later...

Other than to convert my current, 9.5-year-old account from a side to my main (which happened back when I first made it) I've never switched between accounts and hardly use my one side but this account has NEVER experienced real good fortune apart from being seemingly immune to bad fortune such as being hacked, wrongfully frozen or purged during my multiple absences.  

For example, I've never during my active periods received a Fountain Fairy quest yet while hanging around the help forums I'd see several Fountain Fairy Quest help threads at a time. It was quite frustrating and I've gottem more undesirable REs than desirable.