Is Trudy's Surprise Not Working For Anyone?

Pikky126

From the Editiorial today:

Hi! Trudy's Surprise is in fact intended to be every 24 hours, not necessarily at midnight! Sorry for the confusion, we'll be updating the FAQ's to make this clear!

So that is why everyone is having a rough time with Trudy lately. Very disappointing, but I guess they don't want it to be too easy for us. :(

I believe Trudy can be played on mobile devices too, so even if you can't be at your computer you can try your mobile device. Might help with missing days and getting the time too messed up.

I just tried and was able to play Trudy's Surprise on my Kobo Arc, e-reader tablet. I used the Chrome browser, but any browser should work. Got two matches - 19K NP. Trudy's Surprise does not appear to be Adobe Flash based, which is good. So, yeah, a mobile device is an option.

it's not appearing for me today .. although i played it 24hrs ago ...

Has it showed up for you now? It did for me yesterday, at exactly 24 hours since the last one, actually pages wouldn't load for a minute or so at the 24 hour point, I went to the homepage in the end to get things to work. I wonder if I'll remember to catch it at 7pm today...it's not gonna be long before I end up missing a day, it's inevitable!

It's not appearing for me either. I last played 11 pm Friday night. When I did my dailies last night, it appeared on each page and I closed it without doing it so I could set my time for earlier in the day, and it wasn't there when I logged in today.

At the moment, the time for me is 11:50pm my time. Which is far too late when I have to be up for work at 6am. 

That's 15:50 NST. So if it is every 24 hours, then if I don't do it tonight, will it still be there at 7pm tomorrow (11am NST) and still count? Or does it still reset at midnight NST? 

By that I mean, does the day reset for Trudy at midnight NST and then I also have to do it 24 hours after I last did it, or is it just every 24 hours from when I do it? 

I'm not explaining this well. For it to count, do I have to do it between 15:50 NST 17/08/2015 and 15:49 NST 18/08/2015 (That's 24 hours after I last did it at 15:50 NST 16/08/2015). Or do they reset the counter at midnight so then I have to do it between 15:50 NST and midnight and if I wait and do it between midnight NST and 15:49 NST 18/08/2015 will that reset me back the beginning? 

Because, technically, if I wait until 11am NST tomorrow to spin it, while that's in the 24 hours from when it reappeared, I have actually missed a whole day (last spin 15:50 NST 16/08/2015 then spin at 11am NST 18/08/2015) 

I think this is how they're catching people out. 

I would risk it and see if it resets from the beginning if I wait until tomorrow evening to spin it, but I'm 6 days in and I'm going away in 3 weeks time so will miss the 100k spin if it does set me back to the beginning. 

At the moment, the time for me is 11:50pm my time. Which is far too late when I have to be up for work at 6am. 

That's 15:50 NST. So if it is every 24 hours, then if I don't do it tonight, will it still be there at 7pm tomorrow (11am NST) and still count? Or does it still reset at midnight NST? 

By that I mean, does the day reset for Trudy at midnight NST and then I also have to do it 24 hours after I last did it, or is it just every 24 hours from when I do it? 

I'm not explaining this well. For it to count, do I have to do it between 15:50 NST 17/08/2015 and 15:49 NST 18/08/2015 (That's 24 hours after I last did it at 15:50 NST 16/08/2015). Or do they reset the counter at midnight so then I have to do it between 15:50 NST and midnight and if I wait and do it between midnight NST and 15:49 NST 18/08/2015 will that reset me back the beginning? 

Because, technically, if I wait until 11am NST tomorrow to spin it, while that's in the 24 hours from when it reappeared, I have actually missed a whole day (last spin 15:50 NST 16/08/2015 then spin at 11am NST 18/08/2015) 

I think this is how they're catching people out. 

I would risk it and see if it resets from the beginning if I wait until tomorrow evening to spin it, but I'm 6 days in and I'm going away in 3 weeks time so will miss the 100k spin if it does set me back to the beginning. 

The 24 hour period is from when you last spun it, yup. I think what they're relying on is people ending up spinning it later and later each day, until they end up missing a day.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had 19k for several days now, not that I am complaining - but with this 24 hour thing, I couldn't do it on time one night so logged on in the morning and it still worked and still increased too so maybe it is a consistent day increase as opposed to there being set days in our 24 hour system?
just a thought.. anyway love TS just bugging that it is 24 hours not after midnight which was much easier if it ticks over to something like I am now at 10.30pm

so today it is just the blue background with 'loading...' and I cant choose any team for obelisk either it just freezes.. hopefully this is a glitch - anyone else?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
Since the daily is currently working fine, this topic will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.