Reading books doubt

sara1elo

Hello there,

Some time ago when your pet stated that the book is too boring for him/her after you tried to read it, it was well know that if you changed the language on the site it would let you read it and he/she could read that book.

Isn't this working anymore? I was trying to read a book to my pet Deejenya, I tried and tried in every language on the page (11) but she keeps saying is too boring for her (in different languages, but she still says that) :grrr:

Did that fact change or I am just one in a million? :eh:

It hasn't changed although there are problems with it. Sometimes when you change languages (for me it's German), the language gets stuck. How many books has your pet refused to read. If it's just the one maybe it's some weird thing, but if it's lots that's rather odd!

Does the book's title end up with the same amount of characters in the words in all the different languages? Isn't that how this thing works,if it's the same amount of letters as the pet's name they won't read it?

I know it's a bit of a stretch that it'll be the same amount in every language, but you never know. :shiftyeyes_anim:

It hasn't changed although there are problems with it. Sometimes when you change languages (for me it's German), the language gets stuck. How many books has your pet refused to read. If it's just the one maybe it's some weird thing, but if it's lots that's rather odd!

It looks like is only happening with one book :S

Does the book's title end up with the same amount of characters in the words in all the different languages? Isn't that how this thing works,if it's the same amount of letters as the pet's name they won't read it?

I know it's a bit of a stretch that it'll be the same amount in every language, but you never know. :shiftyeyes_anim:

It is the cheap "Adventures In Space" but it doesn't, it is "Aventuras en el espacio" in Spanish or "Avonturen in de Ruimte" in Nederlands. :nerd:

Sometimes it seems like the language change doesn't totally take effect. Like in the main window, the language will have changed, but when you click the book to read it to your pet, the pop up window is still in English.

I go to the NC Mall and change the language, then change the main site language to the same one. When I do this, the language is changed in the pop up window as well. After I'm done, I switch it back in both places and it works.

I was having the EXACT same problem with one of my books.  And EVERY one of my pets was saying the same thing in every language.  LOL.  I couldn't get the darn book read.  But, like Spritzie said, when I changed the language, even though the language was changing, some of the language was still staying in English, like it wasn't completely changing over.  I am going to pull the book out of my SDB, dust it off, and try again.

I had this problem with a few books a while ago and using a different web browser seemed to fix my issue. Good luck though!

I had a version of this issue with books, with me the language in the pop up stuck on Korean after I'd switched back to English, lol. It just needed me to log out and back in though, clear my cookies, I guess, or cache, or whatever.

I wonder if this problem's along the same kind of lines?

The language switcher has been wonky since the server move.

I've found that if you use a different browser sometimes it helps. IE specifically the language tends to stick better on, so you may try logging in on whatever version of IE is hiding on the dregs of your computer and seeing if that works. I would recommend logging in, doing the reading, and then logging out and not going anywhere but your inventory, however. it is IE.

So are you saying if my pet reads a book in English and I change the language then my pet can read the same book again and again in different languages? I thought when my pet said *that's such a boring book* that it meant the book had already been read so I just put them in my shop. You all are so smart!

You can't use the language switch to read it more than once. If your pet says the book is boring, that also doesn't mean they've read it, rather they just don't like it. That's when you use the language switch to hopefully get them to want to read it. :) On a side note, older accounts do sometimes get to keep a book after it has been read (it doesn't puff away), but I think that's quite rare and the same pet won't read it agin anyway.

It looks like after being sure I have change the language "the right way" she finally read it! :rock:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.