The Final Days of Habitarium

missuninvited

Okay, thank you so much, missuninvited for the info! I'm still playing, almost ready to level up to 33...wahhhhhh! I'm going to miss the Habi!

So sad Habi's going to be gone. It's my #1-NP maker these days!

I've discarded my whole stock of eggs. Otherwise, business as usual--building/upgrading/discarding nests, but this time I'm trying to keep my resources as close to zero as possible. I'm letting my population of P3s die out & not replacing them as they go. Adios, little guys :sad02:

We're not entirely sure, they said either late this week or early next week is when they'll make the transition and Habi just won't be moved over with everything else :(

Honestly, I would still start! You won't manage much but if you just let it run you can easily make a couple K before the move. If your computer can handle running all night then I would recommend at least trying for a few levels.

I'm on a laptop, but I'm not sure if it can handle an all-nighter. Don't get me wrong. It has Windows 7 and everything, but leaving a laptop on all night isn't my idea of fun unless we're talking about a boatload of updates.

Oh, what the heck. A couple levels and a few K is better than nothing.

In the last month or so I had gotten back into the Habitarium game. I was leveled in my 30s and I spent a lot more time on it. When I heard about the move to Jumpstart not including the Habitarium, I thought "Oh no, if I don't get it in gear, I'll not reach my goals." I wanted to reach level 50. I wanted to earn at least 5,000 np after that. By that time, I was level 48. I had some workers out there and some soldiers, but I also had 30 nesters too.

I took all the eggs for experience. Then I emptied out all of my eggs in my storage. I put together all the structures I was gifted then discarded them. I took the resources from my 9 completely filled storages and then put them together/discarded them. Shortly after that, over half my nesters decide to die. It took some maneuvers, but I at this point have reached level 50 and my 5k goal, and I have taken a screenie. I have emptied my item bag, and right now, even though I've declared my P3s retired, they are still working, soldiering, and breeding. If I get more eggs/exp before the move, then great, but for now, I have congratulated my little P3s on a job well done.

I bought my P3s a bunch of bacon, because news of the end of the world (or any news really) is much better with bacon.

Overall, I was glad to be a part of Habitarium and I am glad that I reached the goals I set. I worked really hard on my Habitarium, so I am a bit disappointed it won't be included. At the same time, I welcome a small break from Neo/the computer in general.

I hope that we get a similar game to the Habitarium in the future. I'll miss my little P3s. I feel a little bad though. Even though they are virtual, the same concept applies. Those little P3s were slaves, working all day and night. I appreciate their hard work earning me NP. Those little P3s were cute, especially when they were yawning or eating! At least I know I always took good care of them though.

Anyway, I have bought my pets a toy with a mootix, a pinchit, and a larnikin. I will put my pets into the Neolodge while the downtime is happening. Afterwards, I may give my pets a nice little party for a job well done. :)

I was on about level 45 (I've never been much of a habi player, so I've been slowly leveling up) but there's been suggestions that the "gift" might be level specific, so I worked my toosh off to get to level 50.

I'm there now, and I have to say that it's very boring when you're not levelling up - I get the np is great, but jeezz, there's nothing to do!

I've been doing what I always have with Habitarium, which is pop in now and then to discard eggs. I just don't like leaving my computer on all night just to passively gain some NP. I'm at nearly 10 mil in the bank, and less than a tenth of that is from playing Habitarium, so it's not like there aren't other ways of earning neopoints.

Makes me wish I made it to Level 50...but I never played Habi enough. I've always been an on/pff player with just about every game I've ever played, and Habi is no exception. I just lose interest quickly or get distracted and forget all about the game, and may not come back to it until several months or even a year or two. Now you know why I'll never play Animal Crossing or other guilt-trip games XD

Haha, I know how you feel. I just can't get into any game that runs on real time, which is exactly why I stopped playing Animal Crossing. I'd get busy for a week or so, and when I came back all my neighbors have moved away and the whole town's covered in weeds.

I'm not even at Level 50 and I think I've been locked out. I couldn't discard an egg and when I refreshed I couldn't get past the loading screen.

Did you have a lot of items on the board or in your bag?

Wildbreeze was having similar issues earlier with Habi, and eventually worked it out after fiddling with Flash - I suspect it was Flash that caused Habi to start acting up.

Just so everyone is aware there will be another news post from TNT made when we get closer to the downtime.

Timing: Right now it looks like we'll be ready to begin either later this week or early next. We'll post another update as soon as we have more timing info for you!

As stated on the New Features page.

Right now I've just been running it as much as possible during the day when I'm not doing anything on my computer. Not really any more then I normally do, except no more hatching and just discarding all the eggs my nesters lay. I'll be sad to see habi go but it's one less thing to occupy my time with so I can do other more important things. :)

I was wanting to maximize my time remaining but my Habi for some reason has not been loading for me. Merr. /:

I was having trouble loading earlier as well!! It's working for me now though. Wonder what that was about.

Did you have a lot of items on the board or in your bag?

Wildbreeze was having similar issues earlier with Habi, and eventually worked it out after fiddling with Flash - I suspect it was Flash that caused Habi to start acting up.

I saw on the habi-neoboard that people were having problems too - do you think they've stopped fixing problems with it, seeing how it'll be gone soon?

erato_, this is gorgeous! I just love what you did with your Habi! Such a shame this wonderful place of yours will be gone soon with all the others down the drain :(

I completely threw it around so it would look more festive for the wee fellas. They work so hard so they deserve a treat and a chill day before being deleted into eventual oblivion.

Gosh. Poor creatures. I know they're "just pixels" but I'm getting sadder by the hour.

If you think about it, TNT is committing a big genocide.

Well fudge. You beat me to the punch with this topic.

Anyways. I'm going out with a big bang! A day off work, candy for all P3's and a Tiki Party with a bonfire!

2ikefch.jpg

Wow, great idea!! But I'm not going to make it to Level 50, so I just want to earn as many XP as possible. Poor little bugs, at least yours get to enjoy themselves before the big apocalypse.

Wow, great idea!! But I'm not going to make it to Level 50, so I just want to earn as many XP as possible. Poor little bugs, at least yours get to enjoy themselves before the big apocalypse.

Same, I feel bad working them up until the end but I want to get as far as possible. I think that as soon at TNT releases the official move date announcement, I'll let them have their sprinkle party ♥♥

Once again, locked out of Habi. Great. Habi fixed itself the last time I got locked out. Nothing's working this time. No progress in egg development in the past hour so I had to get back into Habi and can't. Has it stopped working for anyone else?

Turns out not even the NC Mall will load, or user lookups.

I can't get in to habi either!! It got stuck in looping when I tried to discard an egg and I refreshed, now I'm just trying to get back in. I had 11 eggs to harvest (aka discard) :sad02:

I think this is the beginning of the end. I was looking on the Boards to see if everybody else was having the same problem and sure enough the signs are here. The NC and UL's won;t load, somebody claimed she couldn't feed her pet, the Habi icon from ULs are taken down (according to somebody who could load lookups), and trades are being cancelled automatically that aren't even 2 weeks old....I really hoped we'd have the whole weekend. I'm sad. Sad that it takes me over 24 hours just to go up 1 level, almost 2 days, sad that I will never reach level 50, sad that I'll never hold a little apocalypse party for my P3s or put them to "sleep" so they could all go in piece....Habi is dead already, and the site will go down at midnight tonight and be gone for the whole weekend.

Goodbye, Habi. :sad02: R.I.P.

Where did you find the info on the site going down tonight? I thought they said they'd put out a notice :questionmark:​ I wish I'd been able to hold my sprinkle party, I feel terrible :sad01_anim: :sad02: :(

Where did you find the info on the site going down tonight? I thought they said they'd put out a notice :questionmark:​ I wish I'd been able to hold my sprinkle party, I feel terrible :sad01_anim: :sad02: :(

They haven't yet but probably will announce it in the NF this evening. This is a speculation of others on the Boards that the purge has started already.