I'm too old for this...

Chanii

...but I'm not going to let that stop me!

Hi! I'm Chani. There's a bit about me on my forum profile and even more about me on this petpage (warning: I'm incredibly dull). TDN has always been my favorite Neopets fansite, which is why I finally created an account here a few years ago. I have introduced myself before, but it was shortly after I created my account and I haven't posted much since. I don't feel like I can add much to any conversation (and I tend to ramble), so I mostly just lurk. I recently returned to Neo after a prolonged hiatus, so I figured I'd pop in here and present myself again.

So hi, TDN! *waves*

Hi and welcome (back) to TDN!

You're never too old for NeoPets! That's the beauty of it. (I thought I was, but some very nice Neopians here have assured me that I'm not... and I just passed my 51st birthday last month.) So, come on in and ramble all you like. You're always welcome here. :laughingsmiley:

Azura

Thanks for the warm welcome and assurance, Azura! :3 I see from your interests in your mini-profile that you like reading and writing. Me too! It's nice to meet you.

Ok, first of all, I was going to say that by the looks of your picture you must be in your early twenties. Then I thought, why not look in her profile, and, yep, 24. I am 43, but I always tell my husband, I still look the same as I did when I was 18. (I must have looked horrible then too. LOL) JK. So you are never too old for Neopets. There are people of all ages and cultures here.

See, I ramble too. Welcome back.

LOL, Xepha! I searched through a lot of cheese items trying to find my favorite but couldn't even narrow it down properly, so I finally decided on ordinary cheese. 8D

Hello Tracy! I sincerely hope I look the same at 43 as I do now as well. I still get asked for my ID when I go to concerts or rated-R movies. I used to complain about it until my 30-something sister said, "One day, you're gonna miss that!" I have since changed my perspective and will never whine about it again.

Hi Fullonparanoid! I'm so relieved to know that I'm not in the minority when it comes to being an adult on Neo. Your signature made me giggle so I gave you a vote.

Thanks for all the welcomes, everyone! My guild chat is always dead at this time in the morning. It's nice to know that's not the case here.

You're never too old for Neopets. I'm 21 and I play Neopets, watch cartoons, read manga, play video games and I love Pokemon trading cards! I even draw and write a cartoon. I haven't worked on it lately, but it's making a comeback in late December or early January.

Welcome back! :)

Hello Naamah! I also watch cartoons, play video games, and draw (though I'm not talented enough at it to maintain a cartoon). I don't collect Pokemon cards anymore, but I still have my first-edition Venusaur, Blastoise, and Charizard holos in the attic. I don't read manga, either, but I do watch anime. To be honest, I'd probably read it if I could either afford to buy some or find some way to read it online without getting migraines. It's nice to meet someone with so many similar interests!

I'm glad to hear that, Xepha. I don't know how many friends I'll make, though. I'll probably end up reverting back to my lurker ways, haha. I have a hard time convincing myself that my posts are worth reading. :x

well Im pretty sure that I am older than the lot of you ... and Im quite happy to be here and still very active on neopets..once you get to about 20 age is just a number that gets bigger

Welcome :D

Hello and welcome back to Neopets! I read your petpage and it isn't dull if that's dull then I don't know what is.

Thanks for all the welcomes, guys!

@Homura: If you say so. I'm just a boring person and that page ended up way longer than it should have because of all my interests. ;~; Thanks for the compliment, though! <3

Thank you for your vote!

And, I am sure you can see from the replies above...not only are you not "OLD"...your are certainly not "TOO OLD" for Neopets! :D

I think that TDN(F) is awesome for so many reasons and I am sure that you will find your own reasons to make visiting a regular part of your day.

Cheers!

:P

Hi and welcome!

I used to get told that I was too old for Neopets. I just laughed. For goodness' sake, 95 percent of my Neofriends are within 5-10 years of age than me, and I'm pushing 28 on my next birthday! Don't feel old! :)

It's nice to meet you! I'm 21 and I often feel like the "little kid" on this site. haha a lot of the people I meet on here are older than myself. But age doesn't exist in neo :)

reading your "about me" is making me hungry lol...cheese...and spaghetti..and garlic bread!! yummm. not to mention the awesome choice of a Shirley Temple for a beverage. I could go for one of those right now lol

I'm glad to know other people don't put an age limit on Neopets, I was starting to think I was too old for this site too, but I just cant give up Neopets no matter how old I am. This is my first time posting on TDN forums was hoping to meet other people my age who plays and enjoys Neopets as much as I do.

Welcome! Having just read your profile I suspect you are me. I also love medieval fantasy novels, dog psychology and training, gaming, Pokemon and V for Vendetta and I to still have my first-edition Venusaur, Blastoise, and Charizard holos. I feel too old for Neopets at 22 as well, but most of us here are in our 20's and up so it's nice to have a newcomer to our little retirement village. :laughingsmiley:

@fullonparanoid

You're very welcome. :3

@Shelley

I'm sorry my obsession with food is making you hungry. I can't help myself! Also, I'm so glad you know what Shirley Temple is. xD I had a couple guildmates think that I had somehow put my favorite actress for my favorite beverage, haha!

@Danielle

Well hello! We can be TDNF newbies together. <3

@snowangelmidori

Wow, we have a lot in common! Hey, if we're Neo-twins, can I be the evil one? :oa

Hello :D I'm new around here too.

And really I think most people are between 20 and 30? I just think that because most people I speak to are between those ages, or above.

Even if the site was full of kids; it doesn't matter :P

Do whatever you like ^^

So, hahah, now I am hungry too. Foodtime! (ah, garlic breadddd)

Hi fellow newbie! :D Yeah, I'm starting to get the feeling that there are a lot more older players on now than young ones. It seems I was away too long, haha! Hope your food was yummy. ^.^

Hahah, it certainly was ^^

It's seen as a kids site though. Wich makes me kinda confused at times. But whenever I'm on forums or boards I see how older the community is.

Or maybe the younger ones just aren't around :x

• 3 weeks later...

As several other posters have told, we are never too old for Neopets. Neither is there a problem in being a lurker (Hey, I've been coming here for years, and in other now defunct sites, and just this week created an account here and this is my second post). So relax and follow the wave. Greetings from the old Anahuac.