I don't even... How do I... What?! TP Horrors

So I had a trade up in the trading post for Quiggle Tea Party Shoes and another for Maraquan Fin Wings. So the Wings get snatched up for the price I had asked for in my wishlist. THEN I get a neomail from the user saying she wants her neopoints back. I was confused but whatever I wasn't going to argue so I said to post the Wings back on the trading board and I will buy it back. They put it up and I offer the exact amount they paid. She REJECTS it. Then neomails me saying I should have to pay more because I didn't say they only worked on Maraquan pets, so it was FALSE ADVERTISING. WHAT?! It's not my fault you don't know what you were buying! I reply and tell them that I am NOT paying more for them and if they want me to buy them back for the price they paid I would. They then threaten to tell TNT about my 'poor business tactics!' I say again, WHAT?!

That was yesterday, I just ignored them. Today I get a neomail from a random user asking me to GIVE them the Tea Party Shoes because they are HTS and I will never get rid of them, and it would go well with their pet. UM, again, WHAT?! I politely respond that I make my neopoints from selling and I spend hours everyday restocking, I occasionally DO gift items to friends or random newbies that cross my path but I don't appreciate how they approached me so I don't think I will be gifting them the shoes. So they respond that if I purchase something from their shop they will buy the shoes. So I go take a look at their shop. Everything is GROSSLY overpriced, like 90000 for some lint jelly. I neomail them that they don't have anything in their shop that I really want or need, I also politely mention that the items in their shop aren't priced for the market and if they do hope to sell anything they should check out the shopwizard to see what other users are charging.

They started neomailing one word at a time. Basically telling me I was mean and trying to wear me down so I would give them the shoes. I decided to report them even though I hate doing that, but they were clearly harrassing me.

I have had weird happenings with the TP before but never this close together. I just had to rant. Do you have any TP stories to share?

In other news I FINALLY GOT THE STUPID CHOCOLATE AVATAR!!!!!! YAYAYA

Gosh, that sounds absolutely terrible! I despise the those kind of people! :thumbsdown: Luckily, though, my expriences have never gotten that extreme. I can relate to what you're feeling; people can be so annoying. I'm not trying to be rude, but sometimes they can! :sad01_anim:

This one time, I won a Snorkle Snout from Test Your Strength, so I put it up for trade. I saw that people were wanting 275-325k for theirs, so I put listed my price as 250k. I waited for a while and then a got a Neomail from someone I didn't know. I went to check it out and guess what the Neomail said?

... Are you done guessing? Ok, here it is...

HE SAID THAT I WAS LISTING THE ITEM FOR TOO MUCH NP. Like, what?! Haven't you, like, look at the other trades?! :grrr:

Ok, I might be getting a little too annoyed. <_<

The most likely reason was that he was a n00b, but honestly! If you want to talk about expensive, go look at the avatar stamps! :shiftyeyes_anim:

So... yeah. Just releasing a bit of anger. :whistle:

I barely even use the TP so I don't have to bother with TP jerks,even when I do I never get any neomails(although I always get under-offers for my P3s so I can never sell them).Well I sure hope those jerks get frozen.

People are such jerks!

If I was you rather then neomailing back and forth I would have reported both users for trying to scam you and then block them from neomailing you. Good luck selling your items. :)

Yeah, I have a personal policy about neomails from rude people. You only get the chance to be rude to me once. After I respond respectfully, if you don't change your attitude, my block finger gets itchy, and you get the ban hammer. In extreme cases, you get reported too. I don't put up with that crap, but lucky for me, I've not had any issues from the Trading Post. Almost everyone who has ever neomailed me has been nice, heh.

Sorry you encountered such dung stains on the TP! *hugs*

I put up a junk trade once basically asking for whatever NP the offer could spare. Obviously take the offer with the most NP. Get a NM from someone saying that they will report mentor false advertising unless I put an expensive item from my shop up for free for them. Uh what? Ask them what they could possibly be talking about. He says that since I didn't ask for anything specific, it was a free trade, so I HAD to accept his offer. Kindly toldnhim that was not what I had said and that I was under no obligations to accept his offer. So he said he reported me. That was at least a month ago, so I guess hebleqrned his lesson.

Thank goodness I've never had anything as annoying as some of this but it never fails when I put up even a relatively expensive/rare item in the TP all the pushy, self-entitled no0bs come out of the woodwork on Neo.

People are really stupid and rude. My personal pet peeve is when someone repeatedly under-offers on one of my items despite my price being stated clearly in my wishlist.

I also had someone ask me to put up a lot for them and I did so shortly after they contacted me. They proceeded to disappear. :/

okay I feel like a total loser! I totally forgot you could block people. I just never really had a need. Done and Done!

I was really shocked at all this happeneing. :sad01_anim: I assume that every 1 in 3 trades are going to get a ridiculous neomail but since summer started and all the kids are out of school I feel like my inbox is getting bombarded with n00bs.

If you're a genuine newbie I really don't mind giving pointers and helping people out, when I first got back into neopets a random neopian gave me a bunch of baby paintbrushes :rock: , I neomailed them and asked if they intended to overpay for my item so much and he responded that he was feeling giving. Ever since then I randomly gift new users something expensive. :santa:

I love the majority of the neopets community but every once in a while I wish I could reach through my computer and shake someone yelling "DO YOU HAVE ANY MANNERS?!" :hmmph:

WOW......

With all the GREAT sites out there, such as TDN of course, for looking at customization stuff, or the battlepedia for weapons and what can equip what, the owness in definite part, should be on the buyer to research or ASK QUESTIONS before bidding. That being said, Most of the TP "jerks" I've encountered were those who put nothing up in their wishlist and are either rude in replying to, or rude by NOT replying at all, to questions about what they want as an offer. The TP, as it's name implies, is for TRADING, this includes bartering and negotiating prices. But if someone is just asking because maybe they have the only one of the item in question on the TP and nothing in the wishlist for it, well then they buyer should either reply, or change the wishlist to reflect the preferred amount of NP/item value they are looking for, then offering can commence. ;)

So sorry to hear you had so much trouble with such a n00b! She deserves her NP back in fair trade, as you tried to do, but for her to try to extort EXTRA NP from you, is ridiculous and I'd seriously consider reporting her for even just attempting extortion!

And yeah, Newbs, or Newbies, are different, because they are new whereas the others act like the evil twin of the newbies, like spoiled brats. ;)

Some people seem to be so childish. I guess they see it as the pair of you are both sitting behind a computer screen so they can say as they please.

Well, hopefully you don't get too many of those types of neomails.

My TP stories aren't as interesting. Obviously the main one would be a noobie mistake like accepting 575np for a baby paint brush instead of 575,000np. Twice. !___!

However, I did have something strange happen, which I think is linked to the TP.

A few years ago I was saving my neopoints for my draik mp + Desert paint. I had converted all my NP into baby paint brushes, that way I wouldn't be tempted to spend my NP on, well what have you. Anyway, this was before the deflate in Draik MP prices, so a very good friend of mine was willing to sell me her Draik MP at a huge discount instead of 10-11m (whatever it was back then) she was doing it for .5.2mil. I was over the moon when I finally accumulated 10 baby PB's. So I set them up in the TP to sell them. I get a mail from a user stating "I do not have much Pure, but would be very grateful if you'd pick out something from my trades and exchange it for a few baby paint brushes." I asked how many they were looking for, and they said "pick out whatever you're interested in my trades, and tell me how many you'd be willing to part with for said item." They had many morphing potions, in which I picked out a Fearie Ruki Morphing potion, and told them Although that was going for around 4mil at the time, I really don't wanna have to rely on selling it at full price to make up the NP so I'd only be willing to give them as high as 3 baby paint brushes.

The User said that sounded fair and understandable. (I just assumed maybe it was restocked and 3 baby paintbrushes was more then a fair amount of profit made)

After the deal was finished, the user messages me yet again asking if I'd be willing to make a few more profitable deals- her MP's for my PB's for my profit.

I explained I was not comfortable with risking EST items for items that I will have to try and find a buyer for, they found that to be a reasonable excuse and left it at that.

I then logged off for the night. For the next few days I never made it online, however 3 days after that I attempted to log into my account and found I was unable to access my main account. I then tried to log into a side, with the same result and then again from side #2, with the same result. Finally I signed into side #3 and checked out all my account profiles. I think the reason I was able to get into side #3 was because I was at my sister for March Break, and only logged into my main, side #1, and side #2 from her computer. I never bothered to log into #3 as it was a newer account and could not transfer my pets there as it was not 4 months old yet.

I found on all my accounts the name was changed to 'Kim', Gender to 'Male' and Location to 'United States' (I live in Canada)

My main accounts trades, shop and gallery were empty and all my wearables were stript from all my pets.

Also on my main account, my RG Cybunny was no longer there. I luckily found her stuck in the pound.

I have since regained access to my main account, but lost 2 of my 3 sides in the process.

I'm not entirely sure if it has something to do with those trades I made, but I've highly suspect some sort of keylogger, or cookie grabber ... OR SOMETHING done when I made that trade. It would also be a good explanation as to why this user was willing to gimme a Morphing Potion worth a little over 4mil (not so hard to trade) for PB's in a total worth of 1.75m *ish*

What a poopy faced jerk!!!! I cannot believe how can neopets players be so rude. It's a game, and harassment is never okay. Period. I hope you reported this person for harassment and intimidation, because that's some screwed up stuff. Glad to hear you blocked this person!

Some people seem to be so childish. I guess they see it as the pair of you are both sitting behind a computer screen so they can say as they please.

Well, hopefully you don't get too many of those types of neomails.

My TP stories aren't as interesting. Obviously the main one would be a noobie mistake like accepting 575np for a baby paint brush instead of 575,000np. Twice. !___!

However, I did have something strange happen, which I think is linked to the TP.

A few years ago I was saving my neopoints for my draik mp + Desert paint. I had converted all my NP into baby paint brushes, that way I wouldn't be tempted to spend my NP on, well what have you. Anyway, this was before the deflate in Draik MP prices, so a very good friend of mine was willing to sell me her Draik MP at a huge discount instead of 10-11m (whatever it was back then) she was doing it for .5.2mil. I was over the moon when I finally accumulated 10 baby PB's. So I set them up in the TP to sell them. I get a mail from a user stating "I do not have much Pure, but would be very grateful if you'd pick out something from my trades and exchange it for a few baby paint brushes." I asked how many they were looking for, and they said "pick out whatever you're interested in my trades, and tell me how many you'd be willing to part with for said item." They had many morphing potions, in which I picked out a Fearie Ruki Morphing potion, and told them Although that was going for around 4mil at the time, I really don't wanna have to rely on selling it at full price to make up the NP so I'd only be willing to give them as high as 3 baby paint brushes.

The User said that sounded fair and understandable. (I just assumed maybe it was restocked and 3 baby paintbrushes was more then a fair amount of profit made)

After the deal was finished, the user messages me yet again asking if I'd be willing to make a few more profitable deals- her MP's for my PB's for my profit.

I explained I was not comfortable with risking EST items for items that I will have to try and find a buyer for, they found that to be a reasonable excuse and left it at that.

I then logged off for the night. For the next few days I never made it online, however 3 days after that I attempted to log into my account and found I was unable to access my main account. I then tried to log into a side, with the same result and then again from side #2, with the same result. Finally I signed into side #3 and checked out all my account profiles. I think the reason I was able to get into side #3 was because I was at my sister for March Break, and only logged into my main, side #1, and side #2 from her computer. I never bothered to log into #3 as it was a newer account and could not transfer my pets there as it was not 4 months old yet.

I found on all my accounts the name was changed to 'Kim', Gender to 'Male' and Location to 'United States' (I live in Canada)

My main accounts trades, shop and gallery were empty and all my wearables were stript from all my pets.

Also on my main account, my RG Cybunny was no longer there. I luckily found her stuck in the pound.

I have since regained access to my main account, but lost 2 of my 3 sides in the process.

I'm not entirely sure if it has something to do with those trades I made, but I've highly suspect some sort of keylogger, or cookie grabber ... OR SOMETHING done when I made that trade. It would also be a good explanation as to why this user was willing to gimme a Morphing Potion worth a little over 4mil (not so hard to trade) for PB's in a total worth of 1.75m *ish*

Wow, it seems like they were trying to get your paintbrushes, awhile back when I heard of people paying for neopoints and etc. I was shocked and confused, I love neopets and I will support TNT but paying some stranger in hopes for more neopoints, risking your account and etc I just don't understand. But I was curious as how much people paid, the pricing is ridiculous. Just flat out crazy how much people will spend on illegal items that are almost a surefire way to get frozen. Anyway I bring this up because all over the site they recommended NOT buying pure neopoints but instead BABY PAINTBRUSHES. I think they probably scout users with a lot of baby paintbrushes and try and hack their accounts.

Just becareful when using Baby Paintbrushes as currency on the TP.

I think it is absolutely despicable for cheaters who already make the game unfair by purchasing neopoints and hacking games to make it even worse by stealing legit accounts.

ugh. PEOPLE. gosh that's annoying. I had someone recently neomail me this really sketchy mail asking if I would donate to their NC collection? like yeah okay o.O

You sound like you have a lot more patience than I do lol XD I wouldn't have mailed the person back regarding the shoes

I try to respond to ALL neomails, I am still trying for addict avatar. Plus I try to give newbies the benefit of the doubt.

I seem to be having terrible luck on the TP lately. I put up a couple baby paint brushes I won in auction yesterday and accidentally listed them as 650k instead of 550k and I got a really angry neomail telling me I was a n00b :hmmph: . I responded (haha I'm crazy I guess) and said it was a typo, and thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Being a mother of a 3 year old has really taught me patience, I never had any before. It's strange!

Wow, it seems like they were trying to get your paintbrushes, awhile back when I heard of people paying for neopoints and etc. I was shocked and confused, I love neopets and I will support TNT but paying some stranger in hopes for more neopoints, risking your account and etc I just don't understand. But I was curious as how much people paid, the pricing is ridiculous. Just flat out crazy how much people will spend on illegal items that are almost a surefire way to get frozen. Anyway I bring this up because all over the site they recommended NOT buying pure neopoints but instead BABY PAINTBRUSHES. I think they probably scout users with a lot of baby paintbrushes and try and hack their accounts.

Just becareful when using Baby Paintbrushes as currency on the TP.

I think it is absolutely despicable for cheaters who already make the game unfair by purchasing neopoints and hacking games to make it even worse by stealing legit accounts.

I actually never thought about that. That makes complete sense. Well, I no longer use the baby pb conversion. It's really hard to trust trades and stuff now. I just change my password constantly, I don't click links or accept trades that seem to good to be true.

I am yet to meet a rude or annoying neopian, but I've only been on for like a month. I'm yet to try and sell anything on the trading post and I probably won't. I think I'lll just stick to selling off my shop.

I try to respond to ALL neomails, I am still trying for addict avatar. Plus I try to give newbies the benefit of the doubt.

Just to let you know, I refreshed at my neomail inbox for 5-10 minutes and got the avatar that way. I've passed this on to a few people and they've all had success with it. :)

Just to let you know, I refreshed at my neomail inbox for 5-10 minutes and got the avatar that way. I've passed this on to a few people and they've all had success with it. :)

Are you kidding me. :evil_notsmiling:

I have been trying for that stupid avie for weeks! My friend and I were neomailing eachother like crazy, we started to count, we got up to 1040. Not to mention I neomail a lot as is. I don't know why I never thought of it. I just refreshed for the past 5 minutes and got the stupid avatar.

HAHAHA thank you so much for your tip, I'm out of likes for today but I will definitely rep you tomorrow.

CookieGoo, I try to only sell in my shop but I have to use the TP and the boards to sell my items over 99,000. bah.