I found a 5 week old sick kitten

Navy

Isn't he? I have another fuzz ball named Boo who is 13 years old, they're going to be buds.

One of the main problems I'm having with his long fur is that he likes to roll around in his poop, which means I'm having to take a warm washcloth and clean him constantly. I check every half hour for poop.

Here's some update photos:

34c4370899.jpg

I gave him another bath because he still had some flea (see: dead one on my hand)

6888d76d93.jpg

and here's him about 10 minutes ago

d1992bbf93.jpg

Squee! I love that little squirt!

Are you going to continue to call him Ringo? (I don't know why, but that doesn't quite fit. Of course, I don't have any other suggestions, so...*laughs*)

That name was the first thing my sister called him in the car. We actually have changed it to Parker, which is the name of the road we found him on.

Groovy! *thumbs up*

I realize, of course, that I'm not one to talk, considering a kitten was found inside the "operative parts" of my car and the coworker who adopted him took my suggestion and named him Stratus. :D

Here's some update photos:

34c4370899.jpg

I gave him another bath because he still had some flea (see: dead one on my hand)

6888d76d93.jpg

and here's him about 10 minutes ago

d1992bbf93.jpg

OH MY!!! He looks ADORABLE!!! He's so, so lucky to have found you! Those pictures are heartwarming <3 Are you going to keep him or find him another home? :)

Super cute Navy! His paws looks huge, he might be a big fella. He reminds me of my friends Maine Coon mix. He's not quite a long haired cat (not fluffy like a Maine or Persian) but he definitely has long hair on his ears and tail. Reminds me of my Chi who had long/short haired parents and came out in between. Any idea how much he weighs? I think he'll be a slender boy but oh my gosh, those huge eyes! :)

3705c4a9d5.jpg

He went back to the vet today for a checkup, besides a slightly runny nose he has no other signs of the infection and has about 6CCs of antibiotics to go until he's all done with his treatment. He's getting so big, when I first found him he could fit in the palm of my hand, now he's twice that size.

His new official name is Parker, he knows it and everything.

d8672a195c.png

You are a true hero. You made my day. I know it's days after the original post. I only just now saw this thread and just had to say that after a truly horrible day, your act has left me feeling like there really is hope for this world yet.

Best wishes to you both and a very speedy recovery for your new best friend. He was very lucky to have come to you. You're an angel.

((HUGS))

You are a true hero. You made my day. I know it's days after the original post. I only just now saw this thread and just had to say that after a truly horrible day, your act has left me feeling like there really is hope for this world yet.

Best wishes to you both and a very speedy recovery for your new best friend. He was very lucky to have come to you. You're an angel.

((HUGS))

I'm extremely flattered by your words, and happy I'm appreciated. 154218d4.gif

That's the kind of kitten you'd want to stick in your pocket and carry around all day!

He's so cute !

It's extremely tempting, but he's a rambunctious furball who hates to stay still.

I don't have time to read through everyone's comments, but make sure the little cutie is going to the bathroom. I run a cat rescue and one of the biggest reasons for illness and death in abandoned kittens is that people don't know that for the first few weeks the mother helps the kitten actually go. You can do this by stroking the area with a wet cotton ball, but there are other ways you can check online. If he's already going though, you're fine. Wish I had more time to read through to see how he's doing D: Good luck with the baby.

Looking at the before and af ter pictures, it's hard to believe it's the same kitten. His eyes are much clearer, and he looks happy. You are his hero, and mine for rescuing him.

I do NOT understand how people can be cruel to animals!!! :sad01_anim: It makes me wonder what kind of monsters some people really are under those ordinary smiles

but its so good to know that there are people out there rescuing them .. it must feel so wonderful to watch him fluff up and shine ... hes adorable

well done :rock:

• 2 weeks later...

His URI came back, but we managed to get rid of it again with some stronger antibiotics.

Update photo

a82ac7d98c.jpg

He's growing like a weed, when we got him he could fit in my palm, now he's about a third of the size of my 2 year old cat.

The "collar" is a bracelet my mom found and we just put on him for a photo opt, don't worry, it's not staying on him.

Edit:

He wants to know who the handsome young devil in the photo I posted to TDNforums is.

ef037b04cc.jpg

Adorable little baby :D

He's recovered well! I see his eyes lost the baby blue ^_^

Yeah, most kittens do.

My father's friend came over yesterday, and he hadn't seen him since the day we got him and thought he was a different kitten. He's not an ugly cat like some of my friends initially said, he just was sick and had dirt and snot all over him. Now that he's better he looks and acts just like any other kitten. Thinking back on what might have happened to him if we didn't find him is saddening. I try to think that someone else would have saw him and picked him up like I did. I worry about his mother and siblings, I wonder if they're okay.

On a happier note, I ordered some stuff from newegg and decided to see if he would enjoy playing in the box.

He plays and sleeps in the box, the only time he comes out is to poop and eat.

10557281_481646031979353_123379765098428